Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by jumble View Post
    http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/69%20new%20banners/21969.jpg

    Sarai knows I was only borrowing it........

    Mmmmmmm......

    I'm only surprised I beat you to it
    Congratulations on the big 69. So tell me Jumble, what is your most memorable 69?

    I have an excuse for being late. I was in a meeting with my boss. Big wine tasting dinner tonight. Again, he invited so many people that I will be running around all night and probably won't get to sit or eat but in a weird way it ends up being fun in spite of all that.

    Edit: Oooh! I have a 969 coming up soon!
    sigpic

    Comment


      Well I was organizing my photobucket and I came across this and since it's Wednesday I can post this



      *runs away*
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

      Comment


        Too all my WooHoo friends, I send a big *HUGGLE* just because I can and the elections are finally over in the US. I was so tired of listening on and on and on to all their garbage and bad vibes!

        There has been some major stirrings in the political arenas in the US recently but as always, we will survive (I hope!). At least the Washintonians (state not DC) were smart enough to not stir up the pot broccoli here too much.

        Now I must get on with doing more important things, like rewatching Sanctuary's Ep 303 again! Seriously, hopefully the citizens of the US can not settle back and have some peace and tranquility over the land (until the next election!), I can go back to writing, and all will reign well within the land.....

        Oh and Jumble......how did you miss all those facts from Ep 303...they were all there to hear at the very beginning?

        Why does this stupid (mutter, mutter, mutter) site keep sending me back to the first post, page #1!!!!!
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          Congratulations on the big 69. So tell me Jumble, what is your most memorable 69?
          My most memorable 69?

          *wanders down memory lane..*

          I really couldn't say, there have been sooooo many

          I have an excuse for being late. I was in a meeting with my boss. Big wine tasting dinner tonight. Again, he invited so many people that I will be running around all night and probably won't get to sit or eat but in a weird way it ends up being fun in spite of all that.
          I'm sure Amanda wood let you off

          Edit: Oooh! I have a 1969 coming up soon!
          Oooh! I get to post my flashy banner!

          That's ok Yessika. I don't see any RDA in that yellow slicker pic

          Thanks Laurie

          Comment


            Originally posted by llp View Post
            Too all my WooHoo friends, I send a big *HUGGLE* just because I can and the elections are finally over in the US. I was so tired of listening on and on and on to all their garbage and bad vibes!

            There has been some major stirrings in the political arenas in the US recently but as always, we will survive (I hope!). At least the Washintonians (state not DC) were smart enough to not stir up the pot broccoli here too much.

            Now I must get on with doing more important things, like rewatching Sanctuary's Ep 303 again! Seriously, hopefully the citizens of the US can not settle back and have some peace and tranquility over the land (until the next election!), I can go back to writing, and all will reign well within the land.....

            Oh and Jumble......how did you miss all those facts from Ep 303...they were all there to hear at the very beginning?
            I obviously wasn't paying enough attention

            I'd had a pretty rough few days and was/still am very tired. I'll rewatch it again tonight and listen more carefully

            Why does this stupid (mutter, mutter, mutter) site keep sending me back to the first post, page #1!!!!!
            Because GW is being moved to a new server (has been now I think?) and when that happens it screws everything up until Darren and Greg can tweak it all properly. Shouldn't be much longer

            Comment


              Originally posted by jumble View Post
              My most memorable 69?

              *wanders down memory lane..*

              I really couldn't say, there have been sooooo many

              I'm sure Amanda wood let you off

              Oooh! I get to post my flashy banner!

              That's ok Yessika. I don't see any RDA in that yellow slicker pic

              Thanks Laurie
              Yeah, it's hard to pick just one.
              That's 'cuz Amanda is sweet and nice and absolutely perfect in every way. *sigh*

              I gotta go now. Time to set up for the tasting but I will try to sneak in again in a little bit to see that flashy banner.
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                Yeah, it's hard to pick just one.
                That's 'cuz Amanda is sweet and nice and absolutely perfect in every way. *sigh*

                I gotta go now. Time to set up for the tasting but I will try to sneak in again in a little bit to see that flashy banner.
                You're leaving before getting your banners?




                Comment


                  *flops on couch*

                  Bekki, really hope your musical goes well!!! Take pics for us

                  Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I loved the last Sanctuary episode. I have to admit that I had a "what? huh?" moment the first time I heard Helen do an American accent. I've grown so used to the way Helen speaks that it truly caught me offguard. Kudos to Amanda for a job well done. It was great seeing Gary again and Kate's character really came through. She finally feels like she's part of the team now.

                  Oops. Should have spoilered that?

                  ETA: Yay Bekki! Enjoy your time with your mom and break a leg on the musical.
                  Spoiler:
                  I thought exactly the same about Helen's accent! Then I realised that she still didn't sound like Sam or Amanda even though she was ostensibly using her 'own' accent - it almost sounded like an English person putting on an American accent to me, which is very impressive if that's what she was intending to do


                  Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  99 DAYS TO AT5!!!!
                  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

                  Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Argh!!
                  Just got out of my 'meeting' wirh my teacher...In short she couldn't help me at all and the list I gave her with notes/questions only gave her a red face when trying to explain that she couldn't help because she didn't make the schedule. An when asking how to improve she had no clue..we went over the exam and I did stupid things incorrect but the one question that she at first disn't even know I had correct*le sigh*. also when asking her how to pass the course she had no answer...

                  Argh!That really wants me to go to another REAL teacher...she is still a graduate assistent. I know that should be enough, but I'm used to having teachers that all have a PHD

                  So from now on studying every week in a study group that we're setting up.

                  EDIT: Sorry for any mistakes in this post as I wrote it on my Itouch
                  *hugs* I agree with Jumble and Pol, it is someone's job to help you even if this person can't. And *hugs* to Laurie for offering to help too

                  *huggles Woohoos*
                  Last edited by josiane; 03 November 2010, 12:13 PM. Reason: D'oh - wrong name :o
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    Yes it does but you are being proactive in getting help so that is good.
                    If you do get the help will you still be able to pass the course overall?
                    I think so, but the thing is I have no clue of what I'm doing wrong. Apparently one of the questions that she didn't even get in the beginning and thought I would have wrong I answered right.
                    I'm now studying together with someone(from my class) and going to ask help from my friend who I know is good at accounting....but the main issue is the fact that I don't know where I go wrong.
                    Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    I think that's exactly what you should do! If she can't help you, find someone who can. It's their job to give you all the knowledge and tools to enable you to pass the exam. What you do with that is then up to you.
                    *huggles Jann*
                    Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Jann, you have the right to go to the department chair to request help if the TA can't even tell you where you're going wrong. That's not teaching, that's space-filling.
                    *hugs* Thanks for the help girls. I am actually thinking of that. Like I mentioned before( I think) my friend has the "head" of the department as her teacher and I can ask her office hours etc. to ask her for help instead. The only thing is that I can't go to those classes because I already have my advertising class during that time! *sigh*

                    Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Okay, I hate to even admit I did this, but I took accounting classes and was getting my MBA (many decades ago) when I finally got fed up with it all and walked away - the only smart thing about it. However, even though I am quite a distance away, getting too old to remember....hmmm what was I saying...anyhow, try and be specific....

                    What is the exact class and what is it that you are having problems with. I know the part about accounting I hated the most besides most of it (oh I loved the tax class though )....was that after taking the classes each week, you got less and less homework because one question could last you the entire week. I wanted more variety. But, try and be specific. First what is the exact class....and don't say Acctg 1 or something. And tell me where you are having the problem. I found that what helped me the most was about 3'x more studying than other classes and working in a study group. The study group being the most useful. I'm not sure I can do anything way over in the PNW but I am willing to try and help. I don't want you to have to take 2 more classes just to get past this one class. (Prayers from all the woohoos would also help right now! and no broccoli allowed....she needs a clear ah stomach! )
                    It's just the introduction class of accounting. We're mostly talking about things on the balance sheet/ Income statement and where they go. The test was about everything in a manufacturing company and how it worked there...but my mistakes were all over the place. Like the small details I had wrong; there wasn't a specific point. At one point I was like it's the formula's ...next I was thinking the definitions; while I knew everything. I actually even flled in two things incorrectly on my scantron

                    I just hope with taking an active approach; studying more and getting help that I am going to pass!

                    *huggles all* Thanks for all the help girls!

                    EDIT: To make it even better with my current teacher, she just send an email with some changes in the homework assignment that we already had to have finished TODAY. I can start all over again. Argh! It's that I really want to pass otherwise she is SO demotivating!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      *huggles Jann*
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

                      Comment


                        Don't know if people already read this, but: MGM Officially files for bankruptcy and plans to keep stargate ...this means we're perhaps still getting our SG Martin directed movie!
                        *crosses fingers* That would be awesome!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Morning Woohoos!

                          Well, kinda morning. I just got up. One more night at the baby factory. But I think I'm going to try and go for a run in a bit. Feeling motivated.

                          Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          You want to know what I thought of Bank Job?

                          Are you sure?

                          Spoilers for Sanctuary 303

                          Spoiler:
                          I guess it was a fun, one-off ep. I thought Henry and Kate really shone. But can somebody explain what the hell they were doing leaving the egg at the bank in the first place? Something that dangerous wood surely be kept at the Sanctuary where it could be monitored and safely housed once it hatched?? Or did I miss something? Didn't make sense to me at all, and spoiled it for me

                          And I know I'm the only one, and I know it's unreasonable, but I really don't like seeing SG actors in Sanctuary And two in the same ep was definitely too much for me. Maybe having been SG oriented for so many years I have trouble separating the actors from their SG characters and I can't make them fit into Sanctuary? I don't know. I just know I don't like it Same with MS in Penance. Loved the story, loved Agam's performance, couldn't get past 'Daniel'
                          Spoiler:
                          A show that films in Vancouver that doesn't cast out of LA/NY is going to have that problem quite a bit, I think. You know, it took me about half of Penance to realize that it was MS!


                          Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

                          MoB let a little kitty say the M Word! ]
                          Iz bad.

                          Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

                          1. There is a lapse because we didn't get the forms until yesterday. Char is filling them out today and we will somehow scrounge up the $800 payment.

                          2. MoB cood you PM me that picture. Now I am dying to see it.
                          I voted yesterday 'cuz I iz a good WooHoo.
                          1. Wow. Her employer should be required to keep her covered until the COBRA goes through. I'm not sure that cutting her off like that is actually legal. You should look into it. I know the laws are different state-to-state, but I'm reasonably sure that they can't do that in NY.

                          2. I'll PM you a link so I don't get into trouble.

                          Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Argh!!
                          Just got out of my 'meeting' wirh my teacher...In short she couldn't help me at all and the list I gave her with notes/questions only gave her a red face when trying to explain that she couldn't help because she didn't make the schedule. An when asking how to improve she had no clue..we went over the exam and I did stupid things incorrect but the one question that she at first disn't even know I had correct*le sigh*. also when asking her how to pass the course she had no answer...

                          Argh!That really wants me to go to another REAL teacher...she is still a graduate assistent. I know that should be enough, but I'm used to having teachers that all have a PHD

                          So from now on studying every week in a study group that we're setting up.

                          EDIT: Sorry for any mistakes in this post as I wrote it on my Itouch
                          *hugs*


                          Originally posted by jumble View Post

                          Actually, I haven't drunk any wine for the last couple of weeks......... maybe that's why don't sleep lately
                          Is this even possible?
                          sigpic

                          come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Don't know if people already read this, but: MGM Officially files for bankruptcy and plans to keep stargate ...this means we're perhaps still getting our SG Martin directed movie!
                            *crosses fingers* That would be awesome!
                            Hm.

                            Ok, I've just watched the beginning of Bank Job again.....

                            Spoiler:
                            Just the one line from Henry was enough to explain it. Obviously that's the one line I missed - twice!


                            Next Tuesday I'll make sure I'm properly awake and listening

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              Morning Woohoos!

                              Well, kinda morning. I just got up. One more night at the baby factory. But I think I'm going to try and go for a run in a bit. Feeling motivated.



                              Spoiler:
                              A show that films in Vancouver that doesn't cast out of LA/NY is going to have that problem quite a bit, I think. You know, it took me about half of Penance to realize that it was MS!
                              I did say I knew I was being unreasonable



                              Iz bad.



                              1. Wow. Her employer should be required to keep her covered until the COBRA goes through. I'm not sure that cutting her off like that is actually legal. You should look into it. I know the laws are different state-to-state, but I'm reasonably sure that they can't do that in NY.

                              2. I'll PM you a link so I don't get into trouble.



                              *hugs*




                              Is this even possible?
                              Not only possible, but essential atm. I have tests due in a couple of weeks and I need to be alcohol free

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by jumble View Post

                                Not only possible, but essential atm. I have tests due in a couple of weeks and I need to be alcohol free
                                Oh noez.

                                A (clean) suitable LOLcat. Sent to me by a friend...

                                Spoiler:
                                sigpic

                                come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X