The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Agh. So sad I can't make the next woohoo meet. When is it again? No, no, budget, budget...
    Last week in August - plenty of time to save up

The Tapping Effect. I love it. I DO feel like the cynicism that is so not a part of my make up but has been creeping in due to work politics has been washed away, and I feel ready to go back and tackle my work with the heart that drew me to it in the first place on Tuesday. *watery smile*
    Little Jess's mum told me yesterday that she's going back to college in September to get her A-levels so that she can do a midwifery course later on. She'll be perfect for it

Comment

Aww... I love it when it looks like everyone's on crack!
      *hugs*
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Agh. So sad I can't make the next woohoo meet. When is it again? No, no, budget, budget...

The Tapping Effect. I love it. I DO feel like the cynicism that is so not a part of my make up but has been creeping in due to work politics has been washed away, and I feel ready to go back and tackle my work with the heart that drew me to it in the first place on Tuesday. *watery smile*
        *squishes you*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Just checked, my S6 is R1, it's only the later seasons that I have on R2
        At least you do have the Directors Series now though, yes?

I've made one for TSE, just a little one because it was free but is a perfect handbag size - should be here in a couple of days Not sure what I'm doing for AT5, still waiting to see a lot more pics.
        I'm waiting till payday anyway I love the idea of a small one, can't wait to see it!

It is I'm seeing Laurie at the end of July, but that's a long way off too
        July seems forever away too

*huggles*
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
          Gosh, your sigs are changing fast today! I mean the 'Hair' one with Amanda , Martin and Tesla
          Ah, good. That's an easy one. Don't need to put that tut in the Art thread!

Well... in easy steps:

How to make this sig:

Tut by me.
          Have I ever mentioned that ''tut'' is the Dutch cutesy word for, um ...''Virginia''?

Spoiler:
          - Pick music to go with the sig

Or Less Hippy...

- Open Gimp/PS/ Whichever program you use. (Important step. I found that making any sig works best when you don't skip this step. Just a small tip. Remembering this will make you a better artworker.) And choose a size within GW regulations.

- Use this background

(And yes, that's what makes this an easy sig. Notice how it's All Done? ). and crop/cut/turn/scale to your hearts desire. Just... do. I used the heart as my focus point. ...Because that's important. To focus. Do. Just booble with it. Make it purple, I don't care. But focus.

-Now the fun part! Choose Hair Pictures! I went with

and a pic I can't find and the Martin pic I still haven't saved on my own computer, eventhough I linked to it.
          Choose pictures to go with the theme. Make the Hair sexy.
          (Of course, I had no theme and got inspired by AT's pic... but I was focused.

- Shimmy and listen to more Hair songs.

-Scale the pics. I know making pictures smaller isn't fun, but big pics do not fit on sigs.
          Unless you make it all about AT's nostrils, then it's fine. Make sure all pics are equal in size. I found it makes them work with me, instead of starting a riot.

- Here's a tricky part. Make sure to get the same kind of colour on the pics. (I think we should ask TPTB to light all scenes exactly the same way...) I did it by using the thingy that intensifies or decreases colour. In this case I wanted *some* colour, but not too much. ...But you could go for grey scale and use the desasture... thingy.
          Again: Just fiddle and do and focus. Don't make it too hard on yourself. Who cares if the PTB/ actor looks slightly ill? The Hair is fabulous!

- Now choose a border. I used something similar to this one:

and scale it to fit over the pictures. Be spontanious. Borders don't *have* to be skinny jeans. Sometimes baggy looks grungy too.

-With this border (as in not a ...mask? Brush? Dunno) there's white. Erase. The reason to just erase is that it makes it even grungy-er. Just leave bits in the corners, or in the middle. It'll look nonchalant. If the border doesn't stand out. Invert!

- Sharpen the border and smash it together with the picture. Repeat that for the other pics. And make squashy sounds, just for fun.

- Now take your three colour drained and bordered Hair Pics and make one layer out of them. Don't make squashy sounds, you're working with beloved PTB/actors here.

- Position them and copy the layer.

- Make a new layer and paste the copied layer on it. Booble with the transparancy and colour it to fit the sig. (I made it red. See how clever I am with my focus point? Red heart, red back layer? So good. Balance. *nods* )

-Put the coloured layer under the original one and make it look like a shadow (I know. It's genius!) The background needs it. It's very full and busy and that takes away attention from the pictures. The ''shadow'' is a resting point or a buffer.

- Graffiti. Text tool. I used... a font. *blinks* Probaly one of the segoe variations. It doesn't matter, just make sure it works on that dazzling background without fading away or adding to the madness.

-Again, the eraser is your friend. Use it on the letters. Just pet it, don't erase half of it, because it kind of defies typing it in the first place.

-Add a simple border (Red. Focus point. Balance. HooHah.).

-Sign! (preferably your own name. Or sign it as ''Bob''.)

-Optional: ...Or don't sign. It's an ego thing. *looks around* Or like a dog peeing to mark its territory.

Not that I suggest peeing on your artwork. That's icky.

Tuts are not my friends.
          EDIT: Artwork tuts...
          Last edited by DutchIndeed; 17 February 2011, 07:04 AM.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Last week in August - plenty of time to save up
            Yes!

Little Jess's mum told me yesterday that she's going back to college in September to get her A-levels so that she can do a midwifery course later on. She'll be perfect for it
            Awww.

I toyed with the idea of midwifery when I was 15. My Grandma was a midwife. I think my results in Biology told me otherwise...

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *hugs*

The brocolli is doing good work!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*hugs*
              I hate to tell you Nad, but we're all having a very serious discussion about Martin's directing skills so it must be you that's on crack!

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              *squishes you*

At least you do have the Directors Series now though, yes?
              Oh yes! And it's one of my favourites

I'm waiting till payday anyway I love the idea of a small one, can't wait to see it!
              Me too!!!

July seems forever away too

*huggles*
              I know I really should buy a lottery ticket, win a couple of million, give up work and just travel around the world seeking out WooHoos in their native surroundings and live with each of them for a while

Of course, I'd have to buy a winery first...............

Comment

See? SEEEEE????? I told you she does AWESOME tuts!!!

Booble around with it!

And 'tut' means WHAT in Dutch???

Comment

Yes, Jumble, please win the lottery.
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Ah, good. That's an easy one. Don't need to put that tut in the Art thread!

Well... in easy steps:

How to make this sig:
                    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...gs/hairsig.jpg

Tut by me.
                    Have I ever mentioned that ''tut'' is the Dutch cutesy word for, um ...''Virginia''?

Spoiler:
                    - Pick music to go with the sig

Or Less Hippy...

- Open Gimp/PS/ Whichever program you use. (Important step. I found that making any sig works best when you don't skip this step. Just a small tip. Remembering this will make you a better artworker.) And choose a size within GW regulations.

- Use this background

(And yes, that's what makes this an easy sig. Notice how it's All Done? ). and crop/cut/turn/scale to your hearts desire. Just... do. I used the heart as my focus point. ...Because that's important. To focus. Do. Just booble with it. Make it purple, I don't care. But focus.

-Now the fun part! Choose Hair Pictures! I went with

and a pic I can't find and the Martin pic I still haven't saved on my own computer, eventhough I linked to it.
                    Choose pictures to go with the theme. Make the Hair sexy.
                    (Of course, I had no theme and got inspired by AT's pic... but I was focused.

- Shimmy and listen to more Hair songs.

-Scale the pics. I know making pictures smaller isn't fun, but big pics do not fit on sigs.
                    Unless you make it all about AT's nostrils, then it's fine. Make sure all pics are equal in size. I found it makes them work with me, instead of starting a riot.

- Here's a tricky part. Make sure to get the same kind of colour on the pics. (I think we should ask TPTB to light all scenes exactly the same way...) I did it by using the thingy that intensifies or decreases colour. In this case I wanted *some* colur, but not too much. ...But you could go for grey scale and use the desasture... thingy.
                    Again: Just fiddle and do and focus. Don't make it too hard on yourself. Who cares if the PTB/ actor looks slightly ill? The Hair is fabulous!

- Now choose a border. I used something similar to this one:

and scale it to fit over the pictures. Be spontanious. Borders don't *have* to be skinny jeans. Sometimes baggy looks grungy too.

-With this border (as in not a ...mask? Brush? Dunno) there's white. Erase. The reason to just erase is that it makes it even grungy-er. Just leave bits in the corners, or in the middle. It'll look nonchalant. If the border doesn't stand out. Invert!

- Sharpen the border and smash it together with the picture. Repeat that for the other pics. And make squashy sounds, just for fun.

- Now take your three colour drained and bordered Hair Pics and make one layer out of them. Don't make squashy sounds, you're working with beloved PTB/actors here.

- Position them and copy the layer.

- Make a new layer and paste the copied layer on it. Booble with the transparancy and colour it to fit the sig. (I made it red. See how clever I am with my focus point? Red heart, red back layer? So good. Balance. *nods* )

-Put the coloured layer under the original one and make it look like a shadow (I know. It's genius!) The background needs it. It's very full and busy and that takes away attention from the pictures. The ''shadow'' is a resting point or a buffer.

- Graffiti. Text tool. I used... a font. *blinks* Probaly one of the segoe variations. It doesn't matter, just make sure it works on that dazzling background without fading away or adding to the madness.

-Again, the eraser is your friend. Use it on the letters. Just pet it, don't erase half of it, because it kind of defies typing it in the first place.

-Add a simple border (Red. Focus point. Balance. HooHah.).

-Sign! (preferably your own name. Or sign it as ''Bob''.)

-Optional: ...Or don't sign. It's an ego thing. *looks around* Or like a dog peeing to mark its territory.

Not that I suggest peeing on your artwork. That's icky.

Tuts are not my friends.
                    EDIT: Artwork tuts...
                    Thank you, Nad
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

1. Last week in August - plenty of time to save up

2. Little Jess's mum told me yesterday that she's going back to college in September to get her A-levels so that she can do a midwifery course later on. She'll be perfect for it
                      1. I'm taking a 2 week trip to Vangroovy in July... not sure I can afford to haul off across the pond a month later. In fact, if the move comes through, I definitely won't. Ah well.

2. Woohoo! Fantastic! The world definitely needs more midwives.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hi!!!!!!!
                        I'm still at work so I can't play with you!
                        I just wanted to say that I'm writing pag 69 of my lab book!
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          Hi!!!!!!!
                          Boo to work. Yay for to page 69! Best page!
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            Yes, Jumble, please win the lottery.
                            You mean you'd WANT me to come live with you???? You do know I expect a comfy bed, full English breakfast every morning, trips to see all the local sights and dinner in your best restaurants? I'll bring the wine, of course

1. I'm taking a 2 week trip to Vangroovy in July... not sure I can afford to haul off across the pond a month later. In fact, if the move comes through, I definitely won't. Ah well.
                            There's always next year

2. Woohoo! Fantastic! The world definitely needs more midwives.
                            It does, more like you

Comment

Hi!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi!!!!!!!
                                Woohoo!

1. There's always next year

2. It does, more like you
                                1. Yes, true!

2. Aw. (thanks!)
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X