The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    So is it expensive to upgrade? I think a lot of the glitches I've had lately come from Vista constantly installing updates
    The cd(upgrade) costs for me 120 euro's ...so 108 pound...(if my convertion is correct)
    sigpic

Comment

We should...... did we get a response from Oma yet?

So is it expensive to upgrade? I think a lot of the glitches I've had lately come from Vista constantly installing updates

Nope.
      Yeah she sent a PM, maybe it was just to me, saying she could do pretty much any time, weekend or weekday as the boss is pretty flexible . So it's just up to us!

Well Dave and I bought the family pack with three licenses which is designed as an upgrade for Windows Vista. It cost about £130 so we've split it between us as we each have a machine. Could you do that and split between your Suz, Jo etc...? It works when upgrading from XP as well. With XP you do a clean install, reformatting the harddrive (really not as scary as it sounds!) and from Vista you literally put the disc in and upgrade. It saves all the old files into a file called "Windows.old" so you can access it if necessary but it keeps all your files and if you've backed up everything before hand anyway you'll be safe!

Hope that helps, really I can't sing the praises of 7 enough, I'm loving it!

What you've also got to remember is now that it is out they will slow down the production of upgrades for Vista/XP so there will be much less support for people running that OS.

Originally posted by starlover View Post

The only problem I have atm...that I don't dare to install it on my laptop yet...since I don't like just "upgrading" the system(lots of old Vista files will be left behind) and I'm afraid a whole new installation will cost me a lot of money(coz I can't re-install this laptop myself *hits Acer* )
      Jann if you back everything up on an external harddive you won't lose things. With programs, make a list of everything you have downloaded and then just re-download it. Seriously, it is worth it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Yeah she sent a PM, maybe it was just to me, saying she could do pretty much any time, weekend or weekday as the boss is pretty flexible . So it's just up to us!

Well Dave and I bought the family pack with three licenses which is designed as an upgrade for Windows Vista. It cost about £130 so we've split it between us as we each have a machine. Could you do that and split between your Suz, Jo etc...? It works when upgrading from XP as well. With XP you do a clean install, reformatting the harddrive (really not as scary as it sounds!) and from Vista you literally put the disc in and upgrade. It saves all the old files into a file called "Windows.old" so you can access it if necessary but it keeps all your files and if you've backed up everything before hand anyway you'll be safe!

That's really cheap for a family package...we have to pay waaay more for that! *pouts*

Jann if you back everything up on an external harddive you won't lose things. With programs, make a list of everything you have downloaded and then just re-download it. Seriously, it is worth it!!
        I know how good it is...I'm already working with it on my personal pc...and now dad's laptop(yeah it finally played nice) ..but I can't install the laptop myself because of warranty stuff... (if I start messing with it my extra warranty will end while I still have two years left on it)
        I'll see..plus it's really expensive for me to get a legal version(poor college student )
        sigpic

Comment

I'm running W7, bypassed Vista completely and believe me it is miles better. Vista was full of bugs and paper-over-the-crack fixes whereas they've actually spent the time fixing up Windows 7 to make it a decent OS. Think of 7 like the new XP and Vista like the ill-fated Windows Millenium .

Urgh, don't talk to me about Vista. It came preinstalled on my laptop and I detest it even more than I did XP when that first came out (I got that really early and it was so full of bugs it wasn't true, although it became the best and most stable OS from them up until now.)
          Vista both blows and sucks simultaneously. How is that possible? If I could I would regress my system back to XP... heck I'd regress it back to Dos 6.2 rather than use Vista but, alas, it is not possible.

*joins Jann in hitting Acer*

I am very interested in getting Windows 7 but I think I will give it a little while to give them time to iron out the early bugs at least. About 6 months to a year after initial release is normally the optimum time to jump in if you want to avoid loads of updates. I think Windows are quite keen on making this one a decent workable OS though so shoudln't be too bad. Vista was such a half arsed job...

Afternoon Woohoos! ((((Woohoos)))) I see last night GW had a dry run for the usual Fiday night outage then.

Hmm, No ring Joe? Hmm... *worries* I am sure it's just weight loss and it needs resizing or something. I love his snark.

*stares and Martin pics*

Mmmm.
          sigpic

Comment

Well I can do pretty much any time too, so I think maybe you and Josiane need to put your heads together and fix it But I do need to know soon if it's going to be weekdays so I can book a definite week

What you've also got to remember is now that it is out they will slow down the production of upgrades for Vista/XP so there will be much less support for people running that OS.

I just ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and it told me that it's not compatible with a lot of the hardware and programs on my pc Mostly it said I'd have to check with the individual manufacturers to see if they had something to solve those problems, and I'd have to uninstall a lot of programs and then reinstall afterwards. So I'm not too sure atm

Comment

Yeah Cags is right Jumble, a lot of programs aren't compatible with Windows 7 yet so its probably advisable to wait about 6 months then go ahead when the manufacturers have caught up!

Comment

Yeah Cags is right Jumble, a lot of programs aren't compatible with Windows 7 yet so its probably advisable to wait about 6 months then go ahead when the manufacturers have caught up!
                Okey dokey, I'll wait a while then

Comment

*bounces in*
                  I have a shiny new iPod touch!!! Hee! It's currently setting up and syncing and stuff but it's a thing of beauty!
                  *strokes the shiny shiny ipod touch*

For the Shipmeet, I can do most weekends Feb-April, except for the weekend of the 18th April. February might be better though if it's do-able for you, Sarai, because I have choir rehearsals most weekends in March and early April (for a concert on the aforementioned weekend). But I could miss a weekend if need be, it wouldn't be a problem
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    *bounces in*
                    I have a shiny new iPod touch!!! Hee! It's currently setting up and syncing and stuff but it's a thing of beauty!
                    *strokes the shiny shiny ipod touch*

For the Shipmeet, I can do most weekends Feb-April, except for the weekend of the 18th April. February might be better though if it's do-able for you, Sarai, because I have choir rehearsals most weekends in March and early April (for a concert on the aforementioned weekend). But I could miss a weekend if need be, it wouldn't be a problem
                    Oma can't do February weekends. Maybe we could go for midweek in the Easter hols so you woodn't have to miss a rehearsal?

I mean, you probably need all the practise you can get

*runz*

Comment

*sticks out tongue*

I can miss one if need be So I'm going to say now it's up to Sarai, since she's hosting But yep, if it's Easter vac I can get time off in the week
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Yes, those are chest hairs. No, he's not wearing his wedding ring. (Hmmmm...why, Joe?)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...img_5433-1.jpg

Yes, he is just so darn cute!
                        (I agree.)

Hmmm, that is odd.

But actually he may be wearing it but we just can't see it because of the angle. He's wearing it in every pic I have where you can see his hand, but it's often further down his finger than one wood expect.

Edit: See?

No, you can see all the way to his first knuckle. Maybe it doesn't fit anymore, with all his "on the program" stuff?
                        Ah! He wasn't wearing it on his birthday, either!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...img_5155-1.jpg
                        Oh yes, didn't notice that before. I think you're probably right and it's too loose now.

But it's very near the knuckle on my edit pic ^^^

Maybe you should ask him
                        Maybe I should. Would he snark at me if I did? Wood that make me happy or sad, to be snarked at?
                        Hmmmm. Well I guess it wood depend on how you frame the question. If you just say you've noticed, and is it because he's lost weight?

Joe has various levels of snark, so as long as you ellicit his gentle, fun snark you wood be over the moon
                        Whether we wear them or not, Joe and I both have wedding rings! I'm not sure I'll ask. On one hand, my curiosity is going wild; but, on the other hand, it's none of my business...
                        I was wondering the same thing about Damian, actually, since he hasn't been wearing his ring lately! Thanks for the laughs. All this made me realize I've finally met people who are a lot like me
                        sigpic
                        ~the guitarists~

Comment

Martin and Damien video

http://rabiddoll.com/node/988

Thanks to Kes for the link.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            *sticks out tongue*

I can miss one if need be So I'm going to say now it's up to Sarai, since she's hosting But yep, if it's Easter vac I can get time off in the week
                            Yep, we'll totally pass the buck to Sarai

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
                            (I agree.)

I was wondering the same thing about Damian, actually, since he hasn't been wearing his ring lately! Thanks for the laughs. All this made me realize I've finally met people who are a lot like me

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            Martin and Damien video

Thanks for the link Jasmina

I didn't realise how much taller Martin is than Damian.................

Oh dear, I'm sure they were saying something really interesting, but that was what I noticed

*goes back to play it again and pay more attention*

Aw c'mon! Martin's mouth was moving.............

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              Martin and Damien video

Wow, thanks! Herein follow my impressions:

Why do the cameras always have to be below the people and not at eye level??

Oh, Damian's nose looks so cute from the right! Wait a minute, it actually looks cute all the time

Sheesh, Martin...Wood's talking a lot.

What's a 'horse trade'??

Interesting bright light from the left side just then...

Also interesting that the website shows a picture of Helen and Will instead of a picture of Martin...Wood and Damian, given the fact that they're the ones being interviewed...

And here end my impressions. Thanks again for the link!

-----

EDIT

As for the whole height thing--Martin...Wood is around 5'10, right? And if Damian's around three or four inches shorter, then that makes him around 5'6 or so. Hmm, he's taller than I thought he was. (Then again, he always seems to be a different height in every picture I have of him.)

-----

EDIT 2

Oh yeah, I made two more icons yesterday. Guess whoooo?

The text says 'dare to dream'.
                              Last edited by Teal'c_PI; 30 October 2009, 11:33 AM.
                              sigpic
                              ~the guitarists~

Comment

Well, off to bed. Do you ever wake up and think, "I wonder what crazy stuff LJ has posted."?

Wood morning and Wood night to you all, dear Woohoos!
                                *stumbles off to bed*
                                Yes. Yes, I do worry about what you have posted when I wake up.
                                *blinks*
                                Oh. Wonder.

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
                                Also interesting that the website shows a picture of Helen and Will instead of a picture of Martin...Wood and Damian, given the fact that they're the ones being interviewed...[/I]
                                It's because Amanda is prettier.
                                ...To the general public, of course
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X