• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A SHIPPY HIPPY WOOHOO
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SARAI

Yes, I was up until nearly 3am, so I had to do something

Comment

Kudos to Joe for speaking out in defence of the SGU cast and their families.

Some people..........

Comment

I just started a poll on the S/J Appreciation Thread to see when people want to have Shipsgiving this year.

To make it fall on a weekend for ship lovers all over the globe, it needs to be on a Saturday in the U.S.

The two dates up for consideration are November 14th and November 21st.

If you're intersted in being part of the upcoming celebration, please go over and vote.
        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 31 October 2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Jumble, for your kind words to Joe on the blog. I'm upset on his behalf, and on behalf of the crew members and their families who are being exposed to some real jerks! Get a grip, people! It's just a TV show! But, the actors, the crew and TPTB are real people!!

*haz hurt feelings for Joe, crew, and cast members*

Bravo, Joe!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            Thanks, Jumble, for your kind words to Joe on the blog. I'm upset on his behalf, and on behalf of the crew members and their families who are being exposed to some real jerks! Get a grip, people! It's just a TV show! But, the actors, the crew and TPTB are real people!!

*haz hurt feelings for Joe, crew, and cast members*

Bravo, Joe!
            I felt I had to say something, although I'm not very articulate at that hour of the morning It's incredible how evil some people are being Maybe it's time for him to start using the delete button

Nice to see so many blog readers weighing in with their support though, and I hope the cast and crew realise that although the 'idiot' posters are noticable for their rudeness they are in the minority and should simply be ignored.

*hugs Joe and Carl*

Comment

Yes, well done Jumble! The nastiness and negativity and irrationality and downright rudeness that some people have been displaying over there is horrible - the stuff that gives fandom a bad name. And I dread to think what's been said elsewhere if the stuff on Joe's blog is the polite stuff
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Yes, well done Jumble! The nastiness and negativity and irrationality and downright rudeness that some people have been displaying over there is horrible - the stuff that gives fandom a bad name. And I dread to think what's been said elsewhere if the stuff on Joe's blog is the polite stuff
                Methinks I should have woken you up and made you post instead, you've said it so much better

What gets me is why some people think they have the right to behave that way on Joe's blog. It's something that he spends time and effort on in order to stay in touch with the fans and give us the kind of inside information that we can't get anywhere else. Granted, he also does it for the feedback, but mostly it's something he doesn't have to do for us. And how he manages to keep his cool in the face of such nastiness amazes me. Awesome

I just can't understand why people watch the show if they don't like it

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Methinks I should have woken you up and made you post instead, you've said it so much better

What gets me is why some people think they have the right to behave that way on Joe's blog. It's something that he spends time and effort on in order to stay in touch with the fans and give us the kind of inside information that we can't get anywhere else. Granted, he also does it for the feedback, but mostly it's something he doesn't have to do for us. And how he manages to keep his cool in the face of such nastiness amazes me. Awesome

The only explanation I can come up with is that some people delight in moaning and complaining, and think somehow it makes them look cool or clever or superior. I've known a few people like that in my life, and it's the most unattractive quality you can have, IMO. They decided before it started that they weren't going to like it, and they want it to fail, so they watch purely to find reasons to support their prejudgment so that they can moan some more. Unpleasant.
                  sigpic

Comment

The only explanation I can come up with is that some people delight in moaning and complaining, and think somehow it makes them look cool or clever or superior. I've known a few people like that in my life, and it's the most unattractive quality you can have, IMO. They decided before it started that they weren't going to like it, and they want it to fail, so they watch purely to find reasons to support their prejudgment so that they can moan some more. Unpleasant.
                    Well I'm trying really hard, but I can't seem to dredge up any sympathy for what must be very sad and unhappy people. Maybe I'm a little oversensitive atm, but there are so many other things in life that should be more important than publicly trashing a show for any reason.

I personally am not liking Rush, but kudos to Robert Carlisle and the writers for making me feel strongly about him

Edit: The Mods are being kept busy with their snipping tools on the blog thread

Edit: And now they've pulled the thread.
                    Last edited by Jumble; 01 November 2009, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Well I'm trying really hard, but I can't seem to dredge up any sympathy for what must be very sad and unhappy people. Maybe I'm a little oversensitive atm, but there are so many other things in life that should be more important than publicly trashing a show for any reason.

I personally am not liking Rush, but kudos to Robert Carlisle and the writers for making me feel strongly about him

Edit: The Mods are being kept busy with their snipping tools on the blog thread

Edit: And now they've pulled the thread.
                      Me either, frankly. I don't think you're being oversensitive at all. My approach is to just avoid the negative places completely - I only ever skim the comments in Joe's blog - because I just don't want to read that rubbish. So mostly I only really see it when he posts bits in the mailbag to respond to.

And I'm not surprised the blog thread's been pulled...
                      sigpic

Comment

Me either. It's one thing to like some aspects of a show/movie/book/etc, and not like others, and discuss it. Say what you think might be better, why you think that way, as long as you keep it respectful.

But if the only reason to be in a fandom is to bash it... maybe it's time to get a new fandom.
                        sigpic

Comment

Me either, frankly. I don't think you're being oversensitive at all. My approach is to just avoid the negative places completely - I only ever skim the comments in Joe's blog - because I just don't want to read that rubbish. So mostly I only really see it when he posts bits in the mailbag to respond to.
                          I know what you mean, but unfortunately if the positive fans stay away to avoid the nasty stuff then the negative ones will have free rein. I tend to avoid commenting because I woodn't want to see the blog turned into a battleground. That plan's working really well, huh?

Frankly, I don't care much what the antis think, I just wish they wood voice their opinions in a respectful manner. I enjoy the show, and that's enough for me
                          And I'm not surprised the blog thread's been pulled...
                          That's the second time in a few weeks. It's interesting that there's very little chat on there until Joe has a serious snark back, then it becomes a free-for-all

Jasmina that's exactly it. What's the point in being in the fandom if it gives you no pleasure?

Pic time...

We still love you Carl!

That's right Joe, close your eyes and dream of happier things

Last day of my holiday, it's pouring with rain and very chilly.......

*grabs Wolverine dvd and heads back to bed*

Comment

I know what you mean, but unfortunately if the positive fans stay away to avoid the nasty stuff then the negative ones will have free rein. I tend to avoid commenting because I woodn't want to see the blog turned into a battleground. That plan's working really well, huh?

Frankly, I don't care much what the antis think, I just wish they wood voice their opinions in a respectful manner. I enjoy the show, and that's enough for me
                            True There's no arguing with people like that, but you're right that we should show that they're in the minority and we don't share their opinions.

Last day of my holiday, it's pouring with rain and very chilly.......

*grabs Wolverine dvd and heads back to bed*
                            Yep, pretty vile here too A day for hibernation indeed
                            sigpic

Comment

Poor PTB..and actors... People can be so rude...I think Joe said it in a really nice way though...I admire him for that!

Happy Birthday Sarai

Hope it's a good one
                              sigpic

Comment

I've totally failed to wish Sarai a happy birthday on the thread! I messaged her on FB but it's not the same until it's done here

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAI!!!

That's better
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X