No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, they're really good for a first go!
    Have you squashed them slightly? They look kinda thin... not that that's a bad thing! Just askin'
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Wow, they're really good for a first go!
      Have you squashed them slightly? They look kinda thin... not that that's a bad thing! Just askin'
      Thank you

Naw...I resized them,they're 100 x 100!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        D'oh! I tag Krissie for any of her icons! Enlighten us, oh Icon Guru!
        Is it ok if it's not a SJ one because I have some tuts already written for others. *puppy dog eyes* Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
          Is it ok if it's not a SJ one because I have some tuts already written for others. *puppy dog eyes* Please.
          Sure. We can always substitute shippy pics.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
            Absolutely It doesn't matter what the pics are because we'll still be learning

And on the subject of icons... Colonel Jumble, some MOP icons as promised:

Can you snurch from here or do you want me to pm them as well?

Not entirely sure how good they are though... I find icons quite frustrating to get really nice So I'm definitely looking forward to Krissie's tut!
            sigpic

Comment

I use Photoshop so I don't know how this will translate. Sorry, I don't have pics of the layers. This was one of my first attempts at using the different layer modes.

I started with this pic from Quarantine and cropped and resized it. (If you don't know how to do that easily, you probably could crop the pic to a perfect square to preserve the photo's ratio then resize to 100x100)

Then I duplicated the layer twice setting the first layer to 'screen' and the top layer to 'lighter color'.

I then used the 'lighting effects spotlight' shining from the left. (Filter--> Render--> Lighting Effects)

I then added a layer on top of those of a deep green color, #015546, set to overlay and changed the opacity to 35%. Then I used a darker green to type 'Ronon' using 'Impact.' And we're done.

Comment

Cool, thanks Krissie! I really must figure out duplicating layers for effects - couldn't believe when I saw Jann's tut last week how many layers she used! Makes me feel very unsophisticated

So who/what do you tag now?
                sigpic

Comment

I tag Jumble's sig. I don't think it's been tagged yet.

Comment

nice! thanks for the tut Krissie, I really should give icons a go...
                    thanks for the inspiration
                    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

*grouches into thread* I'm only 40 seconds away from the vid being done, and of course WMM crashed! ARRRGH! *Whacks WMM with Siler's wrench*

Thanks for the tut, Krissie. I think I'll give some icons a try. The nice thing about icons is several can fit on a post card! And you can make them into stamps!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                        Thanks for explaining the whole tag thing for me but I see Krissie has already been tagged

((((Oma)))) don't worry you're in good company my desk and my head are quite good friends these days!
                        The only problem I have with sigs is they're so damn addictive, I keep making one and then feel the need to make on slightly different to the one I've just made, or I'll get on pic in my head and can't find another one to fit it - I've got about 3 unfinished ones I cant seem to get there.
                        I don't like to think about all the unfinished wps I have atm.... I have the words, I have the pics, I just can't get them to gel or find the right background.

Absolutely It doesn't matter what the pics are because we'll still be learning

And on the subject of icons... Colonel Jumble, some MOP icons as promised:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...uncingicon.jpg http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m.../fishing-2.jpg http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m.../handtouch.jpg http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...esent/ispy.jpg http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ooomarried.jpg

Can you snurch from here or do you want me to pm them as well?

Not entirely sure how good they are though... I find icons quite frustrating to get really nice So I'm definitely looking forward to Krissie's tut!
                        Hey, I love these! Especially the first one and the I spy one! ROFL!

One tiny tiny thing...the fishing one, for MOP, wouldn't that be better saying "the perfect beginning?"

Krissie - great tut! This one shows that you don't have to put loads of effects on to make a stunning icon *just a handsome man...giggles*

Cool, thanks Krissie! I really must figure out duplicating layers for effects - couldn't believe when I saw Jann's tut last week how many layers she used! Makes me feel very unsophisticated

So who/what do you tag now?
                        I didn't understand all of Jann's layering and duplicating and screening and different effects....a lot of it I did understand and could translate into gimpage, but some of it just whizzed right over my head. I think I need to sit down, and go through it step by step and see what happens.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oma! I have a MOP idea I want to run past you. Will PM you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, we just passed 1000 posts in this thread! ((((((((WtG GimPS!!!))))))))

Congrats Aveo, you got the milestone post
                            sigpic

Comment

Woot for 1000!
                              ((((((((((GimPS))))))))) WtG!!!!

((((luvnjack)))) you didn't lose your vid did you? Luckily the only time that happened to me with PS was when I was messing around and hadn't done anything I liked, it's far more likely that IE will crash, like when I had almost finished typing out my tut and had to go back and do it again!!
                              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Oma, could you post that Grace pic you have, it's a different on than mine and I couldn't find it on caps'
                                *smiles sweetly*
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X