The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    I'm sure he knows something is up. He's known me...well, forever, so he can tell when I'm up to something. He just figures he doesn't want to know.
    Hehe, tell me! My partner will have to print them for me tomorrow cause they have a good printer at his work... He knows that I want some SG relative postcards to send to USA but rather doesnt want to know more... I don't react on questions how much will it all cost... I don't care, that's the only thing I can do

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
    Bekki, yeah I've heard about it but wasn't actually around for it

I've made some more postcards, Originally I just wanted something black and white printer friendly, inspired by Oma's penguins are black and white comment:
    of course now the last too aren't really very printer friendly but I got carried away....
    Nice, love the simple things! It says all

Comment

I just made this

turned it into this

and then did this in case anyone with Gimp wants to put their own name on it

The font is Pristina, size 40, colour 1bbab4.

Comment

Love them, Jumble!

I was also working with gimp and made two another penguins postcards

And I have a question for Europian shippers mostly: How many postcards are you gonna to send? I just cannot choose which to send and now love about twenty of them and cannot decide. I would like to send a lot but my account wouldn't have to survive...

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
          And I have a question for Europian shippers mostly: How many postcards are you gonna to send? I just cannot choose which to send and now love about twenty of them and cannot decide. I would like to send a lot but my account wouldn't have to survive...
          I know I wish I could send loads but I'm a poor student! Well I was going to send 5 or 6 or something, but it depends whether I can fix my printer *grumbles* or if I can find somewhere else to print them! If I can I might be able get a few more stamps but I was going for that sort of number.
          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

A lot of art again! Ladies, that is so great! Looking farward for July!
            Jumble, what type (sorry forget the word in English) has you used on the last post card? I like it
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
              Love them, Jumble!

I was also working with gimp and made two another penguins postcards

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ns/singing.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ins/crowd2.jpg

Love them SeNedra, I've copied them for the site

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
              I know I wish I could send loads but I'm a poor student! Well I was going to send 5 or 6 or something, but it depends whether I can fix my printer *grumbles* or if I can find somewhere else to print them! If I can I might be able get a few more stamps but I was going for that sort of number.
              I'm planning on sending at least two pcs a week through the month of July, probably more, but that is because I can, the cost is not an issue for me. Please don't overstretch your finances for the campaign, no-one wants you to do that. (That's an order by the way! Heehee, I love this Colonel stuff )

My personal opinion is that you could work out how many you can afford to send and then spread them over the next four weeks. Also, if there are different rates available to you (according to speed of delivery) you could go for the cheapest, so you can afford more, because now that we are spreading them through the whole of July, all our stuff is going to be arriving in a flow rather than in one big hit. Also, from the UK and probably from other places too, the cost is according to weight, so smaller pcs will costs less

No-one needs to feel bad if they can't send lots of pcs, just sending one will help the cause and keep you involved

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
              A lot of art again! Ladies, that is so great! Looking farward for July!
              Jumble, what type (sorry forget the word in English) has you used on the last post card? I like it
              The Font (type or writing) is Pristina
              Last edited by Jumble; 20 June 2008, 04:57 AM.

Comment

OMG I love all the new artwork in here...it's fantastic!!!

Really ya'all are getting so fast so good...what took me two years to do you manage to do in just a few months...I'm amazed!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                  OMG I love all the new artwork in here...it's fantastic!!!

Really ya'all are getting so fast so good...what took me two years to do you manage to do in just a few months...I'm amazed!
                  We had good teachers and lots of good examples to follow And there's still loads of stuff I haven't tried yet

Comment

I wasn't goint to make any more cards, but I saw jigsaw brushes this morning (yes I was looking for more brushes...again ) and this came out of it.

Jumble can I get one of those cards with my name on it...please...pretty please.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      We had good teachers and lots of good examples to follow And there's still loads of stuff I haven't tried yet
                      Lol if you say so...and lot of examples...yeah that's right...I didn't really had that...well except the ones that started PS'ing on the same moment I did!

and the laptop is a Jann computer again...Photoshop is on it and running btw CS3 looks awesome...Now only I have to import some pictures and all from the normal pc...or just put those on the network I need my SG stuff!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        I wasn't goint to make any more cards, but I saw jigsaw brushes this morning (yes I was looking for more brushes...again ) and this came out of it.

Ok Jasmina, if you're going to show us stuff like this, you have to show us how! We're waiting for a tut, I nominate you That is just amazing

Jumble can I get one of those cards with my name on it...please...pretty please.
                        The Simple Card? Sure! Back in a tick

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Love love love the penguin postcards!

What size are you using for them?

Edit: Never mind found it on the family thread.
                            Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                            You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Thanks. *hugs jumble tight...jumble turns blue...oops *

And aren't several people in line for a tut already? I remember nominations, but did we get the tuts?
                              Last edited by jasminaGo; 20 June 2008, 06:52 AM. Reason: I'm stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Thanks. *hugs jumble thigh...jumble turns blue...oops *

And aren't several people in line for a tut already? I remember nominations, but did we get the tuts?
                                Um, tell me that is a typo?

Well APA was asked when she was too busy last week, then I think someone suggested asking Kitten for one of her 'Framed' sigs, but so far neither has turned up I think in the excitement of getting ready for MOP to launch next week, everything else has been forgotten )

So, its up to you really if you want to do it, I'm sure we'd all like to see how you got the pictures-in-the puzzle effect And then I'll have to see if it can be done in Gimp!

btw Didn't someone say that PS brushes could be used in Gimp? I can't get them to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or it was one of those posts that I 'dreamt'

Comment

Working...
                                X