The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    I was looking through Jas' Continuum caps yesterday, as soon as I saw this cap I had to make a sig from it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nuum-hurts.jpg[/center]
    this is so sad I love it!

I was thinking today that maybe we could do challenges like they do on fic and icon lists. What do you think? Someone sets the challenge and we all produce a piece of artwork based on it. It could be really interesting to see what different things we all come up with.
    that's a great idea. do we want to create a group for it or do we want to do it here?

Comment

I was looking through Jas' Continuum caps yesterday, as soon as I saw this cap I had to make a sig from it!

*curls in a corner and sobs* That's so beautiful, and so sad and so heartbraking.

I was thinking today that maybe we could do challenges like they do on fic and icon lists. What do you think? Someone sets the challenge and we all produce a piece of artwork based on it. It could be really interesting to see what different things we all come up with.
      I like that idea.
      sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of doing it here like we do the tuts....I hadn't thought of a group - mainly because I have no idea how those work
        sigpic

Comment

That does sound interesting. Funny actually, when chatting to Twilight and Jann about a sig earlier, it popped into my head that she could tell us what she wanted and several of us could do a sig and see how they would compare (meaning not in talent or quality, but as in each person's interpretation) Internetelepathy?

Comment

LOL, we really do live in the Twlight Zone
            sigpic

Comment

So how are we gonna do this thing? Who's setting the challenge? How long do we have to complete it? Will it be only S/J? etc...
              sigpic

Comment

I love the sig, so sad but beautiful.

And great idea I think *is ashamed cause she didn't do some S/J stuff for ages*

EDIT: Jasmina, you have silver dragon! I need to have one after this eggs are adult

Comment

Ummm rules.....ok.......if anyone has any experience of these and can think of better rules, go for it!!

The challenge must include:

Screen Cap and/or Quote or Text
                  Size - ie wp, sig, icon (or maybe max size in pixels?)

Other caps and text can be used as well, but must include those stated in the challenge. Time period....a week? I that long enough, or too long? Or we could do it as Challenge of the Week like we do Ep of the Week.

How does that sound?

Edit: S/J....I don't suppose it really matters....it could spread our horizons a bit
                  sigpic

Comment

Ummm rules.....ok.......if anyone has any experience of these and can think of better rules, go for it!!

The challenge must include:

Screen Cap and/or Quote or Text
                    Size - ie wp, sig, icon (or maybe max size in pixels?)

Other caps and text can be used as well, but must include those stated in the challenge. Time period....a week? I that long enough, or too long? Or we could do it as Challenge of the Week like we do Ep of the Week.

How does that sound?

Edit: S/J....I don't suppose it really matters....it could spread our horizons a bit
                    I'm sure this is going to be a *headdesk* moment, but I'm not sure what you mean? Or are you saying that each challenge must specify wp, sig or icon?

And Challenge of the Week sounds good to me Which reminds me, have we had the list for Ep of the Week yet?

Comment

Saying earlier about how much we've all progressed in our artwork etc I decided to experiment with one of my very early sigs (Oma remember this?)

Here's the original

And here's the new one

Comment

No, it's a me typo moment

It was meant to say wp, sig or icon.....

Edit: Yep, I remember that one very well I loved it then too
                        Last edited by Oma-1; 27 August 2008, 05:21 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          When I first came on the thread there were very few people making 'professional' looking sigs, and yours always stood out. I remember seeing posts where you were saying you'd made a sig for someone, but I wasn't brave enough to ask you for one so I had to wait until I got Gimp before I had anything remotely good to use. That was before the spread of Gimp and PS started to make its presence felt, and comparing that to the quality of sigs we all have now, its quite staggering how things have changed. I guess I always thought you were an example to us all, as well as Oma and Eve

150 sigs? I've got a loooong way to go before I've done that many
                          Lol...professional...not really IMHO...but then again I always thinkstuff of other people looks better then mine does!!!

Also if you still want to ask...ask but I think you can make beautiful ones yourself(even better then my own!!!)

Example...rofl...nobody has said that to me before

Love the sig!!!

And I like the idea...but who can choose the text/layout/pic...and sig/wp or icon...

I am willing to do this...but I don't know if anyone likes that Perhaps Oma can do it coz it was her idea!

*adjusts halo*
                          sigpic

Comment

"Example...rofl...nobody has said that to me before "

Thats a sign that you're getting older

Comment

But I don't wanna get old...I like young... Felt already old today when I was driving and saw all those kids on the bike back from school!
                              sigpic

Comment

.......as you drove by with your hair perfectly in place

Comment

Working...
                                X