The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    What I meant(sp?) weren't brushes...just an option that makes your color layer...cloudy or so...and if you do a couple of them over eachother you get that effect
    oh crap.. so no brushes... I don't have the cloud function or I didn't find it yet.

Comment

[QUOTE=luvnjack;8811835]And another. This one is kind of hard to read. Still learning on these...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/thoughts.jpg[QUOTE]

yay for luvnjack being back on Gimp!!

and...*wipes a tear*

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      *bounces in*

More icons

Sam in Continuum, they're not really spoilerish but just in case

<snippety>

I need to get more caps *runs out*

Jas they are fantastic, I keep looking at them trying to decide which is my favourite. I'm thinking the second one. Hmm, maybe the first...

Too hard!!

Comment

Just found this fantastic quote from Captain Correlli's Mandolin. I think I want to use the last sentence but I can't decide, what do you guys think...?

Spoiler:
        Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being in love which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.

-- Captain Corelli's Mandolin

Comment

*bounces in*

More icons

<lazy snip>
          oooh I love them..very good...

and you say more caps*looks all sweet* You know I looooooove caps *uses puppy dogs eyes*

*hopes she will understand the hint*
          sigpic

Comment

*bounces in*

More icons

whhooops, i missed this post. they are all so good, so samalicious If i had to chose I'd take the fifth one. there I LOVE the colors and it is balanced very well
            Last edited by Fainne; 24 August 2008, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              Just found this fantastic quote from Captain Correlli's Mandolin. I think I want to use the last sentence but I can't decide, what do you guys think...?

Spoiler:
              Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being in love which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.

-- Captain Corelli's Mandolin
              That's a great quote.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              oooh I love them..very good...

and you say more caps*looks all sweet* You know I looooooove caps *uses puppy dogs eyes*

*hopes she will understand the hint*
              Huh? What? *blinks* Did you needed something? j/k I'll get some hopefully tomorow, and I'll post the link here.

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
              whhooops, i missed this pist. they are all so good, so samalicious If i had to chose I'd take the fifth one. there I LOVE the colors and it is balanced very well
              "samalicious" hehe - I like that word
              sigpic

Comment

Luvnjack, love new icins and sig!
                Pol, love new sig!

I have a guestion: i've seen somewhere a font (i don't know how to explain this) in which many letters look like a signs on Stargate. Where i can get it?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                  Luvnjack, love new icins and sig!
                  Pol, love new sig!

I have a guestion: i've seen somewhere a font (i don't know how to explain this) in which many letters look like a signs on Stargate. Where i can get it?
                  You mean something like this, or something else?
                  sigpic

Comment

You mean something like this, or something else?
                    Yeah, it is! Thank you! If only my Gimp would read it...
                    sigpic

Comment

*bounces in*

More icons

They are soooo pretty and wonderful! Well done!
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I made a sig... again it's not Sam and Jack but i just love it. Ronon's smile is adorable.

Blacky I wish i could help you with this font. But i have no idea. Hopefully one of the other Gimpers can help you

Comment

Jann has made me a sig on the base on one of my first one (it was realli awfull ) just sharring it

And a guestion to Jann : what effect have you used with text and how? I tried some of them but they didn't look right
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                            I made a sig... again it's not Sam and Jack but i just love it. Ronon's smile is adorable.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...rononsmile.jpg

Blacky I wish i could help you with this font. But i have no idea. Hopefully one of the other Gimpers can help you
                            Awww, I love how he smiles too! And think he's adorable. Great sig!

Also Pol: niiiceee sig.

And luvnjack!!!! - that's my reaction to your icon!
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                              Jann has made me a sig on the base on one of my first one (it was realli awfull ) just sharring it
                              http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...orks/bksig.jpg

And a guestion to Jann : what effect have you used with text and how? I tried some of them but they didn't look right
                              I love it. the Text is beautiful.
                              I'm not sure but the texteffect looks like hard shadow.

edit: oh and thank you, develish me
                              Last edited by Fainne; 24 August 2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                Another icon. I've been playing with a new "cracks" brush. I think I'm becoming addicted to these little guys...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...jack/there.jpg
                                Awww!
                                Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                                You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X