No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome girls. And yes my dears, Padme just doesn't do pink!! It's just...An atrocious color that is one of the few things my twin and I don't agree on. Because, lets face it. I LOVE pink!!!! And blue...And lace...And hearts...And borders...But I do agree that that particular sig does very much match both my style and Padme's some.

And Bekki? Why are you shining Claudia's shoes?
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      You're welcome girls. And yes my dears, Padme just doesn't do pink!! It's just...An atrocious color that is one of the few things my twin and I don't agree on. Because, lets face it. I LOVE pink!!!! And blue...And lace...And hearts...And borders...But I do agree that that particular sig does very much match both my style and Padme's some.

And Bekki? Why are you shining Claudia's shoes?
      I've been shining them for a few months now! My penance for the whole pete/kerry thing

...where is Seahen anyway? I miss her!!!

*goes back to 2010 fic (yay!)*
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the congrats (((((GimPS)))))

Comment

Congratulations on 10000 posts Jumble!!
          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

I've got two questions for all of you.

1) My friend uses photoshop, but she doesn't know how to put brushes/textures/etc onto it. Could you all tell me so I can tell her? Especially things from deviantart?

2) Since the laptop gremlins took away my computer, I've been using my grandma's. But mine was regular Windows while hers is Vista. I've managed to download brushs, but I can't for the life of me get the fonts off of dafont. I try to do what it says on the site, but I must be doing something wrong. Can someone help me please?
            sigpic

Comment

c o n g r a t s o n 10000 Jumble
              Last edited by Fainne; 18 April 2009, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                Drat! I forgot about pming my challenge stuff! Well, here it is anyway!

Fluff:
                http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...rchallenge.jpg

Angst:
                http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...J/angstsig.jpg

I didn't have time to make a gutter one
                Pretty

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                LOL, well I got this finished....then couldn't get pb to work Thank goodness for imageshack in emergencies

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3977/jumble10000.jpg

1) My friend uses photoshop, but she doesn't know how to put brushes/textures/etc onto it. Could you all tell me so I can tell her? Especially things from deviantart?

2) Since the laptop gremlins took away my computer, I've been using my grandma's. But mine was regular Windows while hers is Vista. I've managed to download brushs, but I can't for the life of me get the fonts off of dafont. I try to do what it says on the site, but I must be doing something wrong. Can someone help me please?
                Can't help on the first, but I'm puzzled about the second My new laptop is Vista and the font downloading works exactly the same way as XP - save the file from dafont, then copy the font file into the fonts folder in the Control Panel. The only thing I can think is that Vista has more controls about what users can do. When I install fonts it always comes up with a box needing my permission to continue, but when I click on the continue button it installs fine. But if you don't have administrator permissions on the machine then it won't let you do that. Has your grandma set you up as another user on her machine? Because you might then not have sufficient permissions. Dunno, but that's the only suggestion I can think of
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Textures are just opened and used the same as any other pic.

Brushes - click the brush icon on the left of the screen (8th tool down), then along the top line click on the down arrow beside where it says 'brush' to open the brush palette. Next, click the arrow pointing to the right (next to the number), then scroll down to 'Load Brushes'. Look for where the brushes have been saved and click the one you want to load. The brushes will then appear in the brushes palette

Josiane covered this one

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne

I also have a request: I had to format my harddrive so all of my textures, brushes and fonts are gone. I remember some of the links i found my stuff, but others are totally lost. so could anyone recommend me some pages with really cool (grungy, fluffy etc.) textures please?
                    You didn't make back up?

Umm..

Try sirius-sdz
                    ShadyMedusa
                    http://colorfilter.net/largetextures
                    http://www.escaping-madness.net/shat...a_textures.php.

There are a lot of links on the tuts thread. Did you check there?
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info about PS.

As for the fonts...I'm in the administrator section when I try to download. So it's not that I'm not allowed. It just that they DON'T download!! I'm so frustrated with it!!! I miss all my pretty fonts!! I've been forced to use/look at only the "given" fonts for Gimp, and normally I would never use them. You know I usually use curly/cursivey fonts, and that means I've only got about 3-5 to choose from as presets. *pouts*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        Squee! I got mistaken for Jann at some point! Now that's a compliment!

Hehe - it was totally the text!!!

Not as good as brigadier? But...but...now you're the very model of a modern major general!!!

Oh...and I believe I must propose formally to Blacky now

HOLY SMOKES, BLACKY! YOUR CHALLENGE ENTRIES WERE RAD!!!

Edit: Is sad that the art awards will be taking place in the wee hours of the auzzie am

Edit 2: But is happy that only one or two of us will miss it because of that
                        *blushes* Thanks!

Lookie, another family is going to appear!

*hugs Jann* Your mojo will return to you, you'll see it
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info about PS.

As for the fonts...I'm in the administrator section when I try to download. So it's not that I'm not allowed. It just that they DON'T download!! I'm so frustrated with it!!! I miss all my pretty fonts!! I've been forced to use/look at only the "given" fonts for Gimp, and normally I would never use them. You know I usually use curly/cursivey fonts, and that means I've only got about 3-5 to choose from as presets. *pouts*
                          (((((TR))))) That's a pain I don't know what I'd do without all my fonts

I seem to remember you had this problem before

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            (((((TR))))) That's a pain I don't know what I'd do without all my fonts

I seem to remember you had this problem before
                            Yes, it really is. I'm just going crazy trying to figure out ways to use the provided ones...

And it was a similar problem, but it's a bit different (and more frustrating) now. It was when I was using my computer (regular Windows) and I just couldn't figure it out. But someone explained and then I had no problem. But now, with stupid Vista, I just can't get it right. I do what the instructions say to do, but they just don't get in there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, it really is. I'm just going crazy trying to figure out ways to use the provided ones...

And it was a similar problem, but it's a bit different (and more frustrating) now. It was when I was using my computer (regular Windows) and I just couldn't figure it out. But someone explained and then I had no problem. But now, with stupid Vista, I just can't get it right. I do what the instructions say to do, but they just don't get in there.
                              That's really weird I have Vista and I've never had a problem, same as Josiane said Hope you figure it out, but in the meantime....GO TO BED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                You didn't make back up?

Umm..

Try sirius-sdz
                                ShadyMedusa
                                http://colorfilter.net/largetextures
                                http://www.escaping-madness.net/shat...a_textures.php.

There are a lot of links on the tuts thread. Did you check there?
                                I did - but it was quite while ago and lots of the stuff i safed there i didn't use anymore. I wanted to do one some days ago but totally forgot it

thank you for the links. I'll check the tut thread for more links

It's just such a pain to install everything new. AntiVir took 2 hours, as well as Windows Vista now i'm installing Microsoft Home and Student and afterwards I will finally install my beloved PSP

edit: is it just me or did the font change at GW?

Comment

Working...
                                X