Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
    The game is on TSN that night, so I will watch for a sign that says HI RINKRAT in Calgary! I bet if you make a sign that says anything about Calgary or Flames on it you will make it onto tv. GOOD LUCK!

We sing the anthem at every game here and our singer can actually sing!!
    Right now some of the fans are yelling GLARE during that part of the American anthem. I saw myself on tv the other day when the Stampeders were on the ice during the pre-game celebrations. Just weird seeing that!
    I was also on tv when they showed the hilights from the Hitmen Teddy Bear toss game.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfl0FS54SnQ

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=sfOtz7ddJBQ
    I am the second skater out of the gate and then I hang around near the bottom right corner of the screen.

So, have we decided which game we are going to? The Ducks game?

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!
    I love that teddy bear idea. That is so cool!
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

The game is on TSN that night, so I will watch for a sign that says HI RINKRAT in Calgary! I bet if you make a sign that says anything about Calgary or Flames on it you will make it onto tv. GOOD LUCK!

We sing the anthem at every game here and our singer can actually sing!!
      Right now some of the fans are yelling GLARE during that part of the American anthem. I saw myself on tv the other day when the Stampeders were on the ice during the pre-game celebrations. Just weird seeing that!
      I was also on tv when they showed the hilights from the Hitmen Teddy Bear toss game.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfl0FS54SnQ

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=sfOtz7ddJBQ
      I am the second skater out of the gate and then I hang around near the bottom right corner of the screen.

So, have we decided which game we are going to? The Ducks game?

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!
      I am game for seeing the Ducks

GO RED WINGS GO!
      Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        I love that teddy bear idea. That is so cool!
        It is a GREAT game to work!!
        The players really love the game and the handing out of bears the next day at the Children's Hospital.

Originally posted by Suebsg9 View Post
        I am game for seeing the Ducks
        The Ducks game is the one on the Thursday night, right?
        I think that would be the best night.

Comment

It is a GREAT game to work!!
          The players really love the game and the handing out of bears the next day at the Children's Hospital.

The Ducks game is the one on the Thursday night, right?
          I think that would be the best night.

That was great. How many bears were collected this year? The Ducks it is. Thanks AG for making the party on Wednesday. I hope Darren will make the GW party on Wednesday as well. It seems to work out well: Wait on line for for our Creation tix, go to Fridays for the GW party and then to the Holiday Inn for the Fan Party.

Has anyone looked at prices again & the availablity of tickets?

Now I really need to make it on TV. Will you tape the game just in case?

Tonight is the Blackhawks. I am keeping fingers crossed that I'll be in Chicago on Jan 1st. I waiting to find out if I win the Winter Classic ticket lottery. Hey Sue are you going to go with me if I get them?
          sigpic
          Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

THIRD ANNUAL FAN PARTY

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 Holiday Inn Metrotown = 7:00PM
            There will be a cost for this event (to be determined).

Arctic Goddess
            mamasue9
            drexim
            xakliaaeryn
            Ishshah
            svala plus 2
            Krisz
            RinkRat
            Starbird
            Lea
            Jolinar68
            Christmaslight
            medusacascade
            SamJackShipLover
            PengYn
            Antoa
            iolanda (after the Bus tour)
            Silvercomet
            GiddyGateGirl + her Dad
            EH-T
            Starwanderer
            Soulshine
            GateByte
            Burny
            Danalee

Please add your name and delete quote tags
            sigpic
            Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

THIRD ANNUAL FAN PARTY

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 Holiday Inn Metrotown = 7:00PM
              There will be a cost for this event (to be determined).

Arctic Goddess
              mamasue9
              drexim
              xakliaaeryn
              Ishshah
              svala plus 2
              Krisz
              RinkRat
              Starbird
              Lea
              Jolinar68
              Christmaslight
              medusacascade
              SamJackShipLover
              PengYn
              Antoa
              iolanda (after the Bus tour)
              Silvercomet
              GiddyGateGirl + her Dad
              EH-T
              Starwanderer
              Soulshine
              GateByte
              Burny
              Jewels
              Kalasathinee
              Beyondbirthday
              Danalee
              Please add your name and delete quote tags.[/QUOTE]
              sigpic
              Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

I know it's early, but I'm going to start the list..(remove quote tags after adding name).

To continue a tradition of saying our goodbyes, a Farewell Dinner will be held on Sunday evening after the con at Red Robin. Please add your name if you would like to attend.
                http://www.redrobin.com/home/locate.aspx?id=275&dist=0

mamasue9
                RinkRat
                medusacascade
                drexim
                xakliaaeryn
                soulshine
                Starbird
                Krisz
                Starwanderer
                Christmaslight
                Silvercomet
                GiddyGateGirl + her Dad
                Ishshah
                Burny
                Jewels
                Beyondbirthday
                Kalasathinee
                Danalee
                sigpic
                Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  LOL! I love all those crazy cat photos!

Animals in Canada lead interesting lives.

Only for a minute or so. It was good to see her on screen again.

I've never seen this show before but it seems very much like CSI meets X-Files! May tune in again next week.

They moooove to a different beat. I know, lame.

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post

Hi All - Miss me

I am finally caught up - another 1/2 ream of paper.

Well we took care of Vancouver last night. I even sang O' Canada!

I cannot wait until next Wednesday. I'm already thinking about that dinner. Hey RR, what is your TV network? According to my schedule we are not on CBC. If I have time, I will try to make a sign, see if I can get on TV and say "hi" to all my Canadian friends.

I'll post pictures & then those who haven't bought cameras yet can see if the like how they came out.

LET'S GO RED WINGS

We always miss you, DanaLee
                  Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post
                    That was great. How many bears were collected this year? The Ducks it is. Thanks AG for making the party on Wednesday. I hope Darren will make the GW party on Wednesday as well. It seems to work out well: Wait on line for for our Creation tix, go to Fridays for the GW party and then to the Holiday Inn for the Fan Party.

Has anyone looked at prices again & the availablity of tickets?

Now I really need to make it on TV. Will you tape the game just in case?

Tonight is the Blackhawks. I am keeping fingers crossed that I'll be in Chicago on Jan 1st. I waiting to find out if I win the Winter Classic ticket lottery. Hey Sue are you going to go with me if I get them?
                    22,000 bears this year! 18,000 fans watched the game.

I will tape the game, just in case...........
                    The Wings better win tonight because I picked them in the pool this weekend!!

As for tickets and stuff, I can't help you there, sorry.

Comment

22,000 bears this year! 18,000 fans watched the game.

I will tape the game, just in case...........
                      The Wings better win tonight because I picked them in the pool this weekend!!

As for tickets and stuff, I can't help you there, sorry.

It was an amazing game. My first live shootout and my seats are behind the goal we shoot at twice. - upper level.
                      sigpic
                      Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

CANUCKS VS DUCKS
                        Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:00 PM

I spoke to my ticket rep, about our Vancouver game & if she had any contacts & about group rates. She's going to look into it & get back to me. I need to know how many people we really have & are truely committed. ~ of course if we find out that there is something that Creation is doing that we can't miss we'll deal with that. I think I'll send an e-mail to Gary & find out what the tenative plans are.

In the meantime, if you want to go to the game add your name to the list:

Danalee
                        sigpic
                        Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Wasn't Thursday night the Creation Cocktail Party? Wednesday night was the Chocolate/Bingo Party.
                          Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 06 December 2008, 07:50 PM.

Comment

As much as the hockey game sounds like a fun thing I don't know anything about the game to get involved in the way going to an actual match would entail. Everyone would be cheering or booing around me for things going on on the ice that I wouldn't have a clue about!

So, shame on me for living in Canada and not knowing anything about the national sport!

We indulged in another fun Vancouver pastime today though, eating out. This weekend's wanderings took us to Kitsilano to a restaurant almost opposite Joe M's favourite restaurant Fuel. We tried out Bistrot Bistro, a French restaurant (easier on the bank account!). It's a really nice no frills, friendly restaurant with great comfort food. The Creme Brulee I had was to die for!!! Yummmmm.

No signs of economic downturn purse string tightening here, the restaurant was full! Fuel seemed to be doing a roaring trade too from what we could see!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              As much as the hockey game sounds like a fun thing I don't know anything about the game to get involved in the way going to an actual match would entail. Everyone would be cheering or booing around me for things going on on the ice that I wouldn't have a clue about!

It's funny you should say that, I asked my sister tonight if she is understanding the game any better and she said "no" but she has a great time. It's really easy. Pick a team & cheer when they hit the other guy and get the small black rubber thing in the other team's net!

sigpic
                              Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

CANUCKS VS DUCKS

Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:00 PM

I spoke to my ticket rep, about our Vancouver game & if she had any contacts & about group rates. She's going to look into it & get back to me. I need to know how many people we really have & are truely committed. ~ of course if we find out that there is something that Creation is doing that we can't miss we'll deal with that. I think I'll send an e-mail to Gary & find out what the tenative plans are.

In the meantime, if you want to go to the game add your name to the list:

Danalee
                                Suebsg9

**need to find out if Nicky and Ann want to go or anyone else from group; I know Nicky visits here but she is on holiday right now so hopefully she checks in to put or not to put her name on list or let me know if I should add her. But I don't do any of the cocktail parties and such so I would rather do a game in Vancouver; been talking to family that I am going so better do it lol.
                                Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Working...
                                X