No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For ages I wanted to attend a Stargate convention because I loved everything about the show but I didn't know anyone I could go with. In the end I went on my own to the first con I ever attended because I felt I already knew people from the con thread and found myself looking forward to meeting them in person. Every con is an adventure and a chance to meet new people who have the same passion as you for the show. All the people you meet the first time are good freinds at future cons too, as well as some becoming closer personal friends. It seems to me easy to effortlessly pick up where we left off 6 months, a year or even more, that's how it is with good friends!

It's a shame you're not coming MSBurned, I too was looking forward to meeting you. I think you will miss out meeting many people who will become your friends because of who you are, and will find you to be a fun loving individual. After all, haven't we all got that in common?

Comment

I just got off of work... 9 hour shift and when I was leaving, I realized that I have invested alot in this con... I went to Chicago not having a clue of GW and just happened to run into ~Sarah~ and ended up chillin with Gateworlders all weekend... I know I shouldn't let my emotions (which are most of the time VERY irrational) take this trip away from me... I have already earned it, darnnit!! I have work 5 and a half weeks at Walmart and tore up my knees for the shep... I gotta just let this go and move forward... Can we all forget my moment of stupidity and just plan for this con??

Comment

THIRD ANNUAL FAN PARTY

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 Holiday Inn Metrotown = 7:00PM

Arctic Goddess
        mamasue9
        drexim
        xakliaaeryn
        Ishshah
        svala plus 2
        Krisz
        RinkRat
        Starbird
        Lea
        Jolinar68
        Christmaslight
        medusacascade
        SamJackShipLover
        PengYn
        Antoa
        iolanda (after the Bus tour)
        Silvercomet
        GiddyGateGirl + her Dad
        EH-T
        Starwanderer
        Soulshine
        GateByte
        Burny

Please add your name and delete quote tags.

I promise not to swear off the con again!! I am going and there's no takey-backies!!

Comment

I know it's early, but I'm going to start the list..(remove quote tags after adding name).

To continue a tradition of saying our goodbyes, a Farewell Dinner will be held on Sunday evening after the con at Red Robin. Please add your name if you would like to attend.
          http://www.redrobin.com/home/locate.aspx?id=275&dist=0

mamasue9
          RinkRat
          medusacascade
          drexim
          xakliaaeryn
          soulshine
          Starbird
          Krisz
          Starwanderer
          Christmaslight
          Silvercomet
          GiddyGateGirl + her Dad
          Ishshah
          Burny

Comment

Originally posted by MSBurned08 View Post
            I just got off of work... 9 hour shift and when I was leaving, I realized that I have invested alot in this con... I went to Chicago not having a clue of GW and just happened to run into ~Sarah~ and ended up chillin with Gateworlders all weekend... I know I shouldn't let my emotions (which are most of the time VERY irrational) take this trip away from me... I have already earned it, darnnit!! I have work 5 and a half weeks at Walmart and tore up my knees for the shep... I gotta just let this go and move forward... Can we all forget my moment of stupidity and just plan for this con??
            What moment of stupidity? Looking forward to seeing you there! I'm on my own, too, remember? Not meeting my american and aussie mates til after the Con to explore Vancouver, so I'm looking forward to every minute. Not wasting many of them on sleep either, I can do that anytime at home *leaving my 'shy head' at home*
            Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
            STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              You're welcome! I love sharing the beauty of this place with everyone.

So, what does the book say, does it say it's a good idea?! LOL! I remember talking to a guy when I last went back to the UK and he said he always regretted they didn't go for the move they dreamed of. They were afraid of the change. Whilst the moment crossed my mind on occasion I'm glad I did it and it all worked out for us. I didn't want to be one of those that regret doing something like this for the rest of my life. I had to give it a go.

I've got this photo as my desktop background at the moment. This is Allouette Lake in Golden Ears park. I took this one in Feb this year.

Looks like your photo's will be on a few desk tops!
              They are so good.
              Thanks, I can be there in spirit till March 09!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                What moment of stupidity? Looking forward to seeing you there! I'm on my own, too, remember? Not meeting my american and aussie mates til after the Con to explore Vancouver, so I'm looking forward to every minute. Not wasting many of them on sleep either, I can do that anytime at home *leaving my 'shy head' at home*
                I am going by myself as well! My first con and everything. I look forward to meeting everyone including my roomies and by the way the Flames are playing I will be buying dinner for a couple of new friends............
                I am sure an AWESOME time will be had by everyone!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                  I am going by myself as well! My first con and everything. I look forward to meeting everyone including my roomies and by the way the Flames are playing I will be buying dinner for a couple of new friends............
                  I am sure an AWESOME time will be had by everyone!!!!!
                  Well we got 6 days til Red Wings and the Flames play again.

But whose counting lol and you will have an awesome time
                  Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                    Looks like your photo's will be on a few desk tops!
                    They are so good.
                    Thanks, I can be there in spirit till March 09!
                    Thanks, I'm flattered! Got a few more to keep everyone here in spirit! I always take my camera when I go out in this lovely place. It's great to capture the landscape at different times of the year!

Won't be long till I see you all in the land of 'rocks, trees and water'!

Comment

And cats....
                      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

O LOLOLOL. That made me smile so hard
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

And cats....
                          Now I know you said that the polar bears in front of the house were real but did you photoshop this photo? Also, I now have that song in my head. It takes forever to get it out.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
                            Now I know you said that the polar bears in front of the house were real but did you photoshop this photo? Also, I now have that song in my head. It takes forever to get it out.

Nope. This is an actual photo.

Comment

Hey Rinkrat...what do you think of the whole Sean Avery garbage? I guess you could PM me as it's totally off topic!

It feels like ages since I got the passes for the '09 con but it's only four months away now!!! Can't wait! I'm now going to go over the many pages that have been added to this thread since I was last on to see if there's anything good that I missed, like Gateworld dinner announcements!

Comment

THIRD ANNUAL FAN PARTY

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 Holiday Inn Metrotown = 7:00PM
                                There will be a cost for this event (to be determined).

Arctic Goddess
                                mamasue9
                                drexim
                                xakliaaeryn
                                Ishshah
                                svala plus 2
                                Krisz
                                RinkRat
                                Starbird
                                Lea
                                Jolinar68
                                Christmaslight
                                medusacascade
                                SamJackShipLover
                                PengYn
                                Antoa
                                iolanda (after the Bus tour)
                                Silvercomet
                                GiddyGateGirl + her Dad
                                EH-T
                                Starwanderer
                                Soulshine
                                GateByte
                                Burny

Please add your name and delete quote tags.

Comment

Working...
                                X