Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanaLee View Post
    It was an amazing game. My first live shootout and my seats are behind the goal we shoot at twice. - upper level.
    My niece who plays hockey here in Michigan loves to watch the shootouts when they go to games or even watching them on tv. How was it watching from behind the goal??? Get pics???
    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

CANUCKS VS DUCKS

Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:00 PM

I spoke to my ticket rep, about our Vancouver game & if she had any contacts & about group rates. She's going to look into it & get back to me. I need to know how many people we really have & are truely committed. ~ of course if we find out that there is something that Creation is doing that we can't miss we'll deal with that. I think I'll send an e-mail to Gary & find out what the tenative plans are.

In the meantime, if you want to go to the game add your name to the list:

Danalee
      Suebsg9
      RINKRAT
      Last edited by RinkRat; 06 December 2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

THIRD ANNUAL FAN PARTY

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 Holiday Inn Metrotown = 7:00PM
        There will be a cost for this event (to be determined).

Arctic Goddess
        mamasue9
        drexim
        xakliaaeryn
        Ishshah
        svala plus 2
        Krisz
        RinkRat
        Starbird
        Lea
        Jolinar68
        Christmaslight
        medusacascade
        SamJackShipLover
        PengYn
        Antoa
        iolanda (after the Bus tour)
        Silvercomet
        GiddyGateGirl + her Dad
        EH-T
        Starwanderer
        Soulshine
        GateByte
        Burny
        Danalee
        surfinmuffin

Please add your name and delete quote tags.

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

CANUCKS VS DUCKS

Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:00 PM

I spoke to my ticket rep, about our Vancouver game & if she had any contacts & about group rates. She's going to look into it & get back to me. I need to know how many people we really have & are truely committed. ~ of course if we find out that there is something that Creation is doing that we can't miss we'll deal with that. I think I'll send an e-mail to Gary & find out what the tenative plans are.

In the meantime, if you want to go to the game add your name to the list:

Danalee
          Suebsg9

RINKRAT
          Drexim
          Xakliaaeryn

Comment

So... I got home safe from my graveyard shift and my 9 hour class right after... All for the Shep!! I got a look at my next paycheck, and it looks AWSOME!! Hopefully, things will work out with this job long enough to make my goals for the con... It's layoff season, and I am technically a seasonal worker that my manger plans to turn into permanent... I asked him because my hiring group would be on the first list to get laid off, and he did say he was not considering me personally at the moment... then he told me to go back to work and stop asking... Me working graveyard is my attempt to get cross trained as much as possible.... Hopefully, they will look at the fact that I have gotten train in three other departments, not including my own... One co-worker says that my willingness to do that will indeed go far, because if they need someone for those departments, they won't need to bring in someone specialized in that or hire someone just for that position... Saves them money, they said... Hopefully, all will work out... Ooo, that's me being optimistic... That's a new one!

Comment

Originally posted by MSBurned08 View Post
              So... I got home safe from my graveyard shift and my 9 hour class right after... All for the Shep!! I got a look at my next paycheck, and it looks AWSOME!! Hopefully, things will work out with this job long enough to make my goals for the con... It's layoff season, and I am technically a seasonal worker that my manger plans to turn into permanent... I asked him because my hiring group would be on the first list to get laid off, and he did say he was not considering me personally at the moment... then he told me to go back to work and stop asking... Me working graveyard is my attempt to get cross trained as much as possible.... Hopefully, they will look at the fact that I have gotten train in three other departments, not including my own... One co-worker says that my willingness to do that will indeed go far, because if they need someone for those departments, they won't need to bring in someone specialized in that or hire someone just for that position... Saves them money, they said... Hopefully, all will work out... Ooo, that's me being optimistic... That's a new one!

Congratulations! With all your hard work, you really deserve to be at the convention!!!
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

That's the way-chin up! Just remember how many of us are looking forward to meeting you? I'm the same, I have to 'gee myself up' a bit at the moment. I'm confined to bed right now and due in hospital on the 17th of this month. The way I look at it is that the Convention is my reward to myself for getting through all of this? I have my music, my Stargate, all my friends on Gateworld and a good attitude. That will see me right, even if I do have to bring a walking stick. Apparently, the mayor of Vancouver is disabled, so it's very 'user friendly' for we 'nobbled ones' *grin* And hey, my long sleeved Stargate Tee just came from Creation this morning. I can be recognised!!! (hats are coming along well, too ) Time in bed = more time to knit!!!
                Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
                STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Oh man, your hockey game idea sounds awesome (hockey nut over here as well...). Don't know if I can afford an NHL game though.
                  Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                    Congratulations! With all your hard work, you really deserve to be at the convention!!!
                    I agree with AG!

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                    That's the way-chin up! Just remember how many of us are looking forward to meeting you? I'm the same, I have to 'gee myself up' a bit at the moment. I'm confined to bed right now and due in hospital on the 17th of this month. The way I look at it is that the Convention is my reward to myself for getting through all of this? I have my music, my Stargate, all my friends on Gateworld and a good attitude. That will see me right, even if I do have to bring a walking stick. Apparently, the mayor of Vancouver is disabled, so it's very 'user friendly' for we 'nobbled ones' *grin* And hey, my long sleeved Stargate Tee just came from Creation this morning. I can be recognised!!! (hats are coming along well, too ) Time in bed = more time to knit!!!
                    Hope everything will work out OK.

The former mayor of Vancouver is a quadriplegic. Very inspiring guy.
                    Last edited by EH-T; 08 December 2008, 09:41 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I hope everything will turn out all right for you!

I booked my flight yesterday - it seems I'm actually going to visit Vancouver.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suebsg9 View Post
                        My niece who plays hockey here in Michigan loves to watch the shootouts when they go to games or even watching them on tv. How was it watching from behind the goal??? Get pics???

I didn't bring my camera But I did get great pics from the Vancouver game including score board shoots. I wished it stayed at 6-3. We can still use that one anyway

As far as watching the shoot out, everyone was standing up so I had to wait for the lower bowl to re-act to know that we scored. I did see all of Conklin's saves.

As for the Ducks game, I haven't heard any news yet.
                        sigpic
                        Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Question ~

Has anyone ever rented a car one-way from the US to Canada? Suebsg9 & I are flying into Seattle on Saturday and we're going to sightsee before going to Vancouver early to Stargate-see . My return flight is out of Vancouver. I just realized I may need to get separate rentals or I may need to drive back to Seattle and fly out of there .
                          sigpic
                          Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Being confined to bed must be really hard *huge hugs* Hope the hospital visit goes alright The convention is my reward too To distract myself from the fact that it will be my 10 year anniversary of ickyness in Feb/March Yay for convention!!

I'll have my walking stick, so if you do have to bring one as well then you and i can have imaginary fire fights across the convention rooms

Comment

Question ~

Has anyone ever rented a car one-way from the US to Canada? Suebsg9 & I are flying into Seattle on Saturday and we're going to sightsee before going to Vancouver early to Stargate-see . My return flight is out of Vancouver. I just realized I may need to get separate rentals or I may need to drive back to Seattle and fly out of there .
                              I haven't done it cross border but have rented from one location and dropped off at another, sometimes in the same city, sometimes in different cities. My experience is that sometimes they charge you an extra fee and sometimes not. For example, if someone did what you are doing in reverse then you are doing them a favour by driving the car back to the original location and there is no extra charge. I would call around to various rental agencies to check on whether then need a car returned to Vancouver and, if not, what their policy is regarding one-way rental.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Question ~

Pm jstiven. She rented a car earlier this year from seatac.

Comment

Working...
                                X