Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They finally posted the info for the con.....Gold tickets are $369.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
      I'm hoping to make it out to Burbank next year. I usually do Chicago as, well, I live here. But with Gatecon being the same weekend as Chicago, I'm thinking they might have a hard time getting guests....

Plus then I get to visit Chelle and Kris!!
      Hey, visiting us would be a great idea!!!!! We already bought our tickets for next year..... And our friend Shannon is tagging along for 2008 as well....

The flyer that was in this past Burbank con's schedule of events was a mis-print. We asked Brian about it while we were there, and all three cons run for the whole weekend, November 21st thru the 23rd. And if they honor the same ticket policy as this last time around, a Gold Pass for whichever con was your choice acts as a General Admission to the other cons.

See y'all in..... oh another ten months or so.....

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Awesome, this sounds mint. Of all the conventions going on next year, I think this is looking to be the most likely...I'll actually have enough time to save.

OOOhhh, exciting. Itl be my first trip tot he states too!

*runs off and starts saving right away*
        sigpic

Comment

My contract is going to be renewed for the '08-'09 school year!

Which means I will definitely be able to attend the SG con AND the Firefly con AND the Farscape con that comes before those.

Yay!
          sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
            My contract is going to be renewed for the '08-'09 school year!

Which means I will definitely be able to attend the SG con AND the Firefly con AND the Farscape con that comes before those.

Yay!
            YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saving my money. The plan is: I'm buying a car, with my parents co-sighning; Renew my permit; learn to drive in the new car; save more money for Burbank; and PARTY!!!!

Hopefully I won;t get sick durin the Con. Afterwards, is okay. Not before or during . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
              YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saving my money. The plan is: I'm buying a car, with my parents co-sighning; Renew my permit; learn to drive in the new car; save more money for Burbank; and PARTY!!!!

Hopefully I won;t get sick durin the Con. Afterwards, is okay. Not before or during . . .
              Yeah, no getting sick. That's not good. You'll have to make sure you stock up on that Airborne stuff before the trip.
              sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

*waves*

I`ll be in Burbank for the SG Con.

A friend and I will fly in from Chicago.

We fly LAX, then make our way to Burbank. Plan is to be there Thursday, latest. And we leave on Monday, or Tuesday. Ticket is confirmed and payed for, no way out ;D

... *KJ who is lost in green * ...

Comment

Awesome svala!
                  sigpic

Comment

My flight and room are reserved.

I'm all over this thing this year. Last year I was getting stuff together way too last minute.

My mom is coming with me. Haha! Should be interesting for her.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                      My flight and room are reserved.

I'm all over this thing this year. Last year I was getting stuff together way too last minute.

My mom is coming with me. Haha! Should be interesting for her.

Hehe, that's awesome!!

Now that my friend is back home from Utah, I think she'll be coming with me this year. It all depends if she can afford it or not. It's a bit early to tell, just yet. Hopefully things will work out.

I am extremely tempted to get the Gold this year so I can go and see some of the Firefly/Serenity panels as well.

I am determined to got his year . . .

Comment

Hey everyone!

Don't know how many people will be interested, if anyone will be there in Burbank early enough to go, or if tickets will be available for the time we're going to try and go...... But would anyone be interesting in possibly maybe making a trip into "Television City" to see a taping of The Price is Right? My sis and I have been dying to try to get into a taping for years..... And IF we have a group of 20 to 25 people, and IF there's a taping happening on Thursday, November 20th 2008, we can call ahead and guarantee seating / tickets to the show! It's a short drive down the freeway into Hollywood, and I'm sure we can figure out either a van rental or two, and some brave souls to drive..... And yes, I'm volunteering to drive.

So I'll start a list now..... I think the max group size they'll take at a time is 25, but I'll call and find out more info and let you know. I think they only schedule about four months in advance so I won't know for sure if this is do-able until probably July or August..... Keep your fingers crossed!

Yes it sounds like a cheesy thing to do, but who cares? We can all wear our Stargate t-shirts and proudly fly our geek flag on national TV!!!!!

Game Show Group Attendees - The Price Is Right, Thurs, Nov 20th, 2008 (tentative)
                        Chelle + 2
                        Last edited by Chelle; 05 March 2008, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                          Hey everyone!

Don't know how many people will be interested, if anyone will be there in Burbank early enough to go, or if tickets will be available for the time we're going to try and go...... But would anyone be interesting in possibly maybe making a trip into "Television City" to see a taping of The Price is Right? My sis and I have been dying to try to get into a taping for years..... And IF we have a group of 20 to 25 people, and IF there's a taping happening on Thursday, November 20th 2008, we can call ahead and guarantee seating / tickets to the show! It's a short drive down the freeway into Hollywood, and I'm sure we can figure out either a van rental or two, and some brave souls to drive..... And yes, I'm volunteer to drive.

So I'll start a list now..... I think the max group size they'll take at a time is 25, but I'll call and find out more info and let you know. I think they only schedule about four months in advance so I won't know for sure if this is do-able until probably July or August..... Keep your fingers crossed!

Yes it sounds like a cheesy thing to do, but who cares? We can all wear our Stargate t-shirts and proudly fly our geek flag on national TV!!!!!

Game Show Group Attendees - The Price Is Right, Thurs, Nov 20th, 2008 (tentative)
                          Chelle + 2
                          Dude!! I'm there!! Will you pick me up from the airport when I take the redeye out Wednesday night?

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                            Dude!! I'm there!! Will you pick me up from the airport when I take the redeye out Wednesday night?
                            Hell yeah! Just let me know when and where, and I'll be there.

Chelle + 2
                            Switch42

Comment

Bumpity BUMP!

You know, one of these days Creation will update their website so that we have something new and exciting to chatter about..... Until then, we;ll just have to be good little boys and girls and be patient.

Comment

I know!! Could they announce some guests please? Geeze!

Comment

Working...
                                X