2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    I have room for 3 in my car or 4 at a push but it would be a bit uncomfortable for 3 in the back. So I think for the comfort level I’ll say 3 and if someone is left by an unfortunate chance without a lift on the day they can squeeze into my car.
    Can I ride with you....if there's room? I'll give you money for petrol, since you'll be giving me a lift to the dinners at Fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      Can I ride with you....if there's room? I'll give you money for petrol, since you'll be giving me a lift to the dinners at Fuel.
      Glad to have you along!

Just to clarify since you said 'dinners', I'm only going on the 1st to Fuel. If you are going on the 3rd as well you'll have to ask someone else. As much as going twice would be nice, I can't afford it.

There's room left for 2 more in the car folks!

Comment

from email today:

We can't wait for the fun to begin at the annual Official STARGATE
        SG-1/ATLANTIS CONVENTION coming to Vancouver, BC on April 3 to 6, 2008 at the
        gorgeous
        Hilton Metrotown. With FOUR big days this time around we have more guests,
        events and attractions! Today we are happy to announce the following cool
        additions to our program:

RAINBOW SUN FRANCKS: (STARGATE: ATLANTIS’s Lt. Aiden Ford; ALIENS VS.
        PREDATOR – REQUIEM’s Earl). Rainbow will be making his first appearance with
        us!
        (Sunday).

Two new "CELEBRITY HAPPY HOURS" have been added! These are intimate informal
        gatherings with small groups of fans and some fave Stargate personalities.
        Each patron gets two complimentary alcoholic (on non) beverages. Let's get our
        party on!

THURSDAY NIGHT at 9 pm features DAN SHEA, DAVID PALFFY, ALEXIS CRUZ, ALEX
        ZAHARA and DAN PAYNE

FRIDAY NIGHT at 8 pm features KAVAN SMITH and JAMES BAMFORD

Tickets for these two events (which are new and not part of any package can
        be ordered at the Vancouver Convention website). CLICK HERE!

"HOLLYWOOD INSIDER" LUNCH with MICHAEL SHANKS and LEXA DOIG will be held
        Sunday afternoon of the convention. Limited to only 20 patrons. There is a TEN
        day
        auction at eBAY for these seatings which describes the luncheon menu. Please
        place your bids now and good luck!
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230224920178

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

VANCOUVER, B.C.
        Thurs., Fri., Sat. & Sun. April 3-6, 2008
        NOW FOUR BIG DAYS!
        Hilton Metrotown Vancouver
        6083 McKay Ave.
        Burnaby, BC

Comment

FYI - I will have a spot for two in my car if anyone needs a ride to some of the functions. Let me know - happy to help!

I am getting so excited!

Any idea what the weather will be like? Warmer/colder than Wisconsin? Probably a lot less snow for sure!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by girllinley68 View Post
            FYI - I will have a spot for two in my car if anyone needs a ride to some of the functions. Let me know - happy to help!

I am getting so excited!

Any idea what the weather will be like? Warmer/colder than Wisconsin? Probably a lot less snow for sure!
            It'll probably be rainy and in the high 40's or low 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShippyChick View Post
              I hope like hell you are including me!
              That would be a big "DUH" And we might be able to squish Toomi, EG and ~Sarah~ into the back seat. I'll be checking out rental cars this weekend.
              Krisz, you think you could follow me to the airport on Thursday, so I can turn it in? No sense in having a car on days I'll be walking to the con.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
              I've added to the places I want to see. I'll have to get back early enough to help AG set up the Fan Party.
              You're not the only one. I'm thinking we'll be done not long after lunch... depending on what time that is. If the party starts at 7, will AG need us much before 6?

Originally posted by jstiven View Post
              P.S. Neelan_Liquor, updating your list now for adding a car on my name for sure. I will need to follow someone though! Not a Vancouver native you know...it would be great if someone who has been on this route before maybe came along for yuks?
              No need to worry about getting around. We'll have people who know where to go and I am a professional driver, so map reading is pretty much second nature. I've been to a few of the places already, so it'll be pretty easy for me up to a point. We'll be sure no one gets lost.

Everyone got your phones?! At least one person in each car should have a phone so no one gets left behind.

And PM people to arrange who's riding with whom.

Comment

Originally posted by girllinley68 View Post

I am getting so excited!

NO place is as cold as Wisconsin, is it?
                Bring layers, and an umbrella. Light rain is very common.

Comment

JannaGalaxy and I have a rental car and since we have 3 people, we can fit one, possible two if we scrunch, so if anyone needs a ride for the sight seeing romp and the first Fuel dinner on April 1, let me know and we'll see what we can work out!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Updated sightseeing lists:

People:

Christmaslight
                    cute_az_can_be
                    DanaLee
                    Daniel's Shadow
                    ElephantGirl *
                    gatehopper
                    girllinley68 + 1 (car)
                    Jack's CSM + Col Mike (car)
                    Jannagalaxy + 1 **
                    jstiven (car)
                    kamala42
                    Krisz (car)
                    L-Jade
                    mamasue9 *
                    Neelan Liquor (car- full)
                    ~Sarah~ *
                    Sechemech-Ib
                    ShippyChick *
                    Shirt’n’Tie
                    starwanderer
                    talkan
                    thephoenix77
                    Toomi *
                    VeryangryStargatefan (car)

Places:

Bridge Studio’s Fence! – 17 (for gawking, not BBQing)
                    Jack’s cabin – 15
                    Steveston Village (Nightwalkers) – 5
                    Tollana (Fraser Uni) – 4
                    O’Mally’s (Upgrades) – 4 possible lunch?
                    Jack’s house – 1
                    NID Headquarters - 1
                    North Vancouver - 2

The "*" next to names mean those people have rides in one of the cars we already know about. If anyone's arranged for a ride in one of "our cars", please update the list with an asterix next to your name.

Comment

Updated sightseeing lists - Wednesday, April 2:

People:

Christmaslight
                      cute_az_can_be
                      DanaLee
                      Daniel's Shadow
                      ElephantGirl *
                      gatehopper
                      girllinley68 + 1 (car)
                      Jannagalaxy + 1 **
                      jstiven (car)
                      kamala42
                      Krisz (car)
                      L-Jade
                      mamasue9 *
                      OregonJen * (I think?)
                      ~Sarah~ *
                      Sechemech-Ib
                      ShippyChick *
                      Shirt’n’Tie
                      starwanderer
                      talkan
                      thephoenix77
                      Toomi *

Places:

Bridge Studio’s Fence! – 18 (for gawking, not BBQing)
                      Jack’s cabin – 16
                      Tollana (Fraser Uni) – 5
                      O’Malley’s (Upgrades) – 4 possible lunch?
                      Jack’s house – 1
                      NID Headquarters - 1
                      North Vancouver - 2

The "*" next to names mean those people have rides in one of the cars we already know about. If anyone's arranged for a ride in one of "our cars", please update the list with an asterix next to your name.

I added my name (and I think I have a ride). Hope you don't mind, but I also added the day/date. Just wondering though, was an estimated departure time discussed? Or if our groups are coming from different hotels/homes, etc, are we just meeting at the designated first location (whatever that may be) and then caravan-ing from there?

Forgive me if someone else has already sorted out all of these details - they just occurred to me. Thanks so much!!
                      OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Neelan, if it's not too much trouble, could you 'group' your car passengers together ? so all the rest of us poor-stagglers can know whose car window we have to knock for hitching a ride
                        sigpic
                        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Well this week I would have to agree. It was -7 yesterday with a wind chill of -25. Almost warm enough for the swim suit and sun bathing!

Seriously the snow is more of a problem this year than the cold. Mother Nature decided to drop over 90" so far this season on our little town. Spring will be VERY messy.

Thanks for the tips. I was there in '06 and it was fairly warm but I see there was snow last year in all the pictures. Just want to be prepared.

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                          NO place is as cold as Wisconsin, is it?
                          Bring layers, and an umbrella. Light rain is very common.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
                            I added my name (and I think I have a ride). Hope you don't mind, but I also added the day/date. Just wondering though, was an estimated departure time discussed? Or if our groups are coming from different hotels/homes, etc, are we just meeting at the designated first location (whatever that may be) and then caravan-ing from there?

Forgive me if someone else has already sorted out all of these details - they just occurred to me. Thanks so much!!
                            Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                            Neelan, if it's not too much trouble, could you 'group' your car passengers together ? so all the rest of us poor-stagglers can know whose car window we have to knock for hitching a ride
                            Oi! You guys are soooo demanding! No problem, guys. Below is the even more newly updated list. And no, Jen, we haven't discussed where or when we're meeting yet. JJ hasn't been online at all lately and I'd like to work out details like that with her... maybe the other drivers, too. We'll take care of it though. Don't worry.

Updated sightseeing lists - Wednesday, April 2:

People:

Christmaslight
                            cute_az_can_be
                            DanaLee
                            Daniel's Shadow
                            ElephantGirl * NL
                            gatehopper
                            girllinley68 + 1 (car)
                            Jannagalaxy + 1 ** (VASGF)
                            jstiven (car)
                            kamala42
                            Krisz (car)
                            L-Jade
                            mamasue9 * (Krisz)
                            OregonJen * (I think?)
                            ~Sarah~ * NL
                            Sechemech-Ib
                            ShippyChick * NL
                            Shirt’n’Tie
                            starwanderer
                            talkan
                            thephoenix77
                            Toomi * NL

Places:

Bridge Studio’s Fence! – 18 (for gawking, not BBQing)
                            Jack’s cabin – 16
                            Tollana (Fraser Uni) – 5
                            O’Malley’s (Upgrades) – 4 possible lunch?
                            Jack’s house – 1
                            NID Headquarters - 1
                            North Vancouver - 2

Comment

I don't need following autographs...

Lexa Doig - Corin Nemec - Dan Shea - Alex Zahara - David Pallfy - Alexis
                              Cruz - John Smith

but I would need a second autograph from Jason Mamoa and Kavan smith. Anybody want a exchange?
                              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
                              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
                              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                                That would be a big "DUH" And we might be able to squish Toomi, EG and ~Sarah~ into the back seat. I'll be checking out rental cars this weekend.
                                Krisz, you think you could follow me to the airport on Thursday, so I can turn it in? No sense in having a car on days I'll be walking to the con.

Thanks for thinking of us, NL! HUGS!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X