2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jstiven View Post
    Hi, all: Please forgive the drop-in unannounced, but you can definitely verify me with Darren S. that I am real and absolutely not in anyway trying to horn in here.

I have been an SG fan for ten, going on 11 years, just a quiet one. Been a GateWorld fan since its inception and have an account, just have not posted. So you don't think I just spammed you!

I also happen to be an online mktng producer.

I was very lucky to be given the project at Fox Home Entertainment of the stargatehub.com site and have been at the recent conventions as a producer, not just a fan, and maybe spoken with some of you over the past 10 months.

I am also going to the Vancouver Convention and would really love to meet with many of you to talk with you. I am hoping to go to J. Mallozzi's dinner at Fuel, also, but do not want to take room from dedicated fans that speak up more than I. Been reading his blog since 2006 but since I have not posted as many many of you all have (and eloquently so, PG15, Erika, etc.) I do not want to usurp space!

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] to let me know your schedule. I would love to have an informal forum while in Vancouver to meet you all in person...

Thanks for your time,
    Jenny Stiven

Hi Jenny

Talk with AG about adding your name to one of the dinner lists, I'm sure that she'd be open to that. Also I would be happy to meet with you!

Please post a picture of yourself on the profile so you'll be easy to spot.

Thanks and see you there.

Patricia Lee
    Patricia Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Ishshah View Post
      Does anyone know if you have gold or prefered package tickets if the cocktail party is included in your price? Or is it additonal?

Thanks
      Patricia Lee
      It's not included in the Gold, Preferred or Silver tickets. Creation has posted that tickets to that event will be available at a later date.

Comment

FAN PARTY AT THE HOLIDAY INN (April 2 at 7:00 PM)
        Arctic Goddess
        Neelan_Liquor +1
        mamasue9
        ShippyChick
        thephoenix77
        starwanderer
        Krisz
        OregonJen
        L-Jade
        Jack's CSM
        COL Mike
        DanaLee
        Lea
        Daniels Shadow
        Asmir47
        bar
        Chayiana
        Jolinar68
        Kamala42
        Talkan
        MaeveBran
        Snowflake +2
        JJ (cute as can be)
        Shirt & Tie
        Elephantgirl
        ~Sarah~
        veryangrystargatefan
        JannaGalaxy + 1
        Chelle + 2
        Ancientalliance + 2
        Toomi
        Girlinley + 2
        Shipperahoy
        Gatehoppe
        Sechemech-Ib

Dinner at Fuel, featuring Joe Mallozzi and Martin Gero (April 1, 7:00PM)
        Arctic Goddess
        Shirt & Tie
        MamaSue9
        ShippyChick
        Neelan_Liquor +1
        Krisz
        L-JADE
        Daniel's Shadow
        Jack's CSM
        COL Mike
        OregonJen
        veryangrystargatefan
        JannaGalaxy +1
        MaeveBran + 1
        ~Sarah~
        Icshepp
        Toomi

Dinner at Fuel, featuring Joe Mallozzi and Martin Gero (April 3, 7:00PM)

Mamasue9
        Arctic Goddess
        Elephantgirl
        Snowflake +2
        Shipperahoy
        nakedwesley + 1
        Ishshah

Just adding me....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          Hi Icshepp. Welcome to Gateworld. I've added you. And you raise a very good question. Anybody have a good answer?
          hi Kathie/Icshepp

I'll sleep at the Holiday Inn that night, but I'll swing by Hilton to pick up Daniel's Shadow & JJ. Like in previous years, there always some GW-er chatting in the lobby or the internet-room beside the reception. So we could meet up there. Just wear your GW badge, somebody will poke you
          sigpic
          sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by jstiven View Post
            Hi, all: Please forgive the drop-in unannounced, but you can definitely verify me with Darren S. that I am real and absolutely not in anyway trying to horn in here.

I have been an SG fan for ten, going on 11 years, just a quiet one. Been a GateWorld fan since its inception and have an account, just have not posted. So you don't think I just spammed you!

I also happen to be an online mktng producer.

I was very lucky to be given the project at Fox Home Entertainment of the stargatehub.com site and have been at the recent conventions as a producer, not just a fan, and maybe spoken with some of you over the past 10 months.

I am also going to the Vancouver Convention and would really love to meet with many of you to talk with you. I am hoping to go to J. Mallozzi's dinner at Fuel, also, but do not want to take room from dedicated fans that speak up more than I. Been reading his blog since 2006 but since I have not posted as many many of you all have (and eloquently so, PG15, Erika, etc.) I do not want to usurp space!

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] to let me know your schedule. I would love to have an informal forum while in Vancouver to meet you all in person...

Thanks for your time,
            Jenny Stiven
            Hello Jenny, anyone who wants to join my table and have a chat is always welcome. I will probably be in the Hilton lounge most of the time, or outside smoking No, to all my friends who remember, I have not quit yet...unfortunately, every time I try, it just gets harder. Really ticks me off.

Hi,I'm lcshepp, also known as Kathie. I would like to attend the 'Fuel' dinner on Tuesday eve. Will we meet as a group to go? I'm staying at the Hilton.
            If you are going to the dinner on the 3rd, you are welcome to share a cab with my two +'s and I. We are all staying in the Hilton as well.

Sarah!!! We miss you terribly! Glad you are doing okay though.

thephoenix77-Oh my gawd Snowflake - what kind of friend puts another thru that kind of torture?
            (have you asked the other gals how they feel? - if everyone hates the dress would the bride be willing to let you keep the color but modify the dress? I guess first ? is are u paying for the dress or is she?..
            I have seen other weddings where the ladies are all in the same color but styles that complement the individual (stuffed sausage look not good for anyone..eek!)
            Hopefully she's reasonable..for your sake....otherwise PLEASE someone kidnap her AFTER the con is over to get her away from the horror!

I am paying for the dress, no she won't change her mind, she gets this hurt look in her eyes if I say anything bad about the dress. So yes, please kidnap me. And thanks.

AG - You should know by now how much you are adored! No blushing.
            Music and Stargate
            sigpic
            Perfection

Comment

Hi All

yes, my bad...Did not read the Creation blurb properly...So the 2nd JM meal clashes with the Cocktail party...Mmmm..What has this been like in the past? How much were the tickets? Who is likely to go (crew/cast wise)?

Also, part two of my previous question... Am I advised to purchase photo-op now?

Thanks guys

*still humming O Canada*

Shirt'n'Tie

PS Welcome new people Jenny,Patricia Lee et al.... I wonder does Anne Teldy post here also?? Her comments on the JM blog are geat!

Talk soon

S'n'T
              "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
              Sara O' Neill's father;
              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

OK here is your last chance! The auction ends in less than 5 hours!

I need help to spread the word . . .

Special Auction now live

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Michael Shanks Online

Further to our 4 February update, we're happy to confirm details of a special MSOL auction - which is now live!

A couple of weeks ago a very generous member of the Stargate fan community - Denise (ShippyChick) - offered us a spare Preferred Weekend Package she had for the upcoming Vancouver Stargate convention, with the hope we could auction it and donate the proceeds to Michael and Lexa's preferred charity, The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.

Brian and the rest of the good folks at Creation Entertainment subsequently granted us permission to auction the ticket (and transfer ownership to the winning bidder), and to help us out, threw into the pot a free photo opportunity with Michael and Lexa.

And if that wasn't enough, as an added bonus we've been given a $150 airline credit (for use on United Airlines) by the excellent crew at Santa Barbara Travel, bringing the total value of the combined auction items to over $700.00 U.S.

The auction of the Preferred Weekend Package, photo op with Michael and Lexa, and the $150 airline credit is now live!

For full details, including entitlements of the convention ticket and travel voucher limitations, check out the MSOL Special Auction page, or simply skip on over to the auction listing on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                  Hi All

yes, my bad...Did not read the Creation blurb properly...So the 2nd JM meal clashes with the Cocktail party...Mmmm..What has this been like in the past? How much were the tickets? Who is likely to go (crew/cast wise)?

Also, part two of my previous question... Am I advised to purchase photo-op now?

Thanks guys

*still humming O Canada*

Shirt'n'Tie

PS Welcome new people Jenny,Patricia Lee et al.... I wonder does Anne Teldy post here also?? Her comments on the JM blog are geat!

Talk soon

S'n'T

Pretty sure the Cocktail Party is a new thing.....there certainly wasn't one in 2007 or 2006 when I went....no idea how much they'll want to charge - expect it to be reasonably expensive I'd imagine....

As for Photo Ops - again it's really a matter of whether you like to have everything organised before you go...as for them selling out - I think last year the only one that got to "selling out" stage was the MS/Cliff Simon sandwich....

If you order the ops in advance you WILL be charged shipping & handling fee for EACH photo op - which you won't have to if you buy them at the Con....

I decided to err on the side of caution and order the ones I REALLY REALLY wanted and pay the fee (because I like to be pre-organised when travelling and also to take advantage of the rather good exchange rates of the £ to US$ at this time..) and if I decide to have any more I will buy them at the Con - the same being for my extra autographs (I don't think those have ever run out..)

As with everything you will end up having to choose between things...whether it means missing a particular event to go to another one, missing a talk because of queuing for a photo op or autograph.....if you go to a Con with the mindset that you may have to miss out some things then you won't tear yourself in knots trying to be in two places at the same time.....you'll still see enough stuff to have a blast!!..

Deeds xx
                  Last edited by discodiva; 12 February 2008, 06:52 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    Pretty sure the Cocktail Party is a new thing.....there certainly wasn't one in 2007 or 2006 when I went....no idea how much they'll want to charge - expect it to be reasonably expensive I'd imagine....

As for Photo Ops - again it's really a matter of whether you like to have everything organised before you go...as for them selling out - I think last year the only one that got to "selling out" stage was the MS/Cliff Simon sandwich....

If you order the ops in advance you WILL be charged shipping & handling fee for EACH photo op - which you won't have to if you buy them at the Con....

I decided to err on the side of caution and order the ones I REALLY REALLY wanted and pay the fee (because I like to be pre-organised when travelling and also to take advantage of the rather good exchange rates of the £ to US$ at this time..) and if I decide to have any more I will buy them at the Con - the same being for my extra autographs (I don't think those have ever run out..)

Deeds xx
                    Why would they charge shipping and handling for ordering a photo op? You're not getting the product until after the picture and if the photo is done early in the convention, you could pick them up while still at the convention. I don't believe I had to pay for a s/h fee last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJello View Post
                      Why would they charge shipping and handling for ordering a photo op? You're not getting the product until after the picture and if the photo is done early in the convention, you could pick them up while still at the convention. I don't believe I had to pay for a s/h fee last year.

Well I can't recall last year but I've certainly got one on my bill this year....

I'm merely giving out info from my own experiences....if people wish to query things then I suggest they check all FAQs on Creation's website and email Adam or Gary for any clarification....

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

OT post because I'm so excited...

Spoiler:
                        Ben Browder is attending the Stargate con in Chicago in August!
                        Just got this from Creation:
                        Look Out! The sensational BEN BROWDER, Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell of Stargate SG-1 and John Crichton of Farscape will be joining us at The Official STARGATE SG-1 Convention coming to Chicago on AUGUST 22 to 24, 2008.

As most of Ben's legion of fans know, his convention appearances have been extremely limited over the years and this will be his first convention appearance in Chicago as well as his first turn at a Stargate Convention. He truly is an absolutely fantastic guest and he'll put on a show you will remember forever! Just ask anyone who has seen Ben in person at our annual Farscape Conventions in California!

Join us in The Midwest to welcome BEN BROWDER to town!

Sorry, I just had to share that info.
                        Last edited by elephantgirl; 12 February 2008, 04:45 PM. Reason: Date edited
                        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Snowflake;7717356]Hello Jenny, anyone who wants to join my table and have a chat is always welcome. I will probably be in the Hilton lounge most of the time, or outside smoking No, to all my friends who remember, I have not quit yet...unfortunately, every time I try, it just gets harder. Really ticks me off.

Thanks!! I am really looking forward to the convention from both a fan's perspective and a producer's perspective. As a fan. I love conventions. I love to meet people, hear about BTS stories, and just the whole atmosphere isw fun. As a producer, it is fun to get the ground zero fan's POV and not just be relying on the mktng or brand push.

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn on the overflow rooms and look forward to seeing many of you.

Jenny
                          Visit Stargate Hub!

Comment

Originally posted by lcshepp View Post
                            Hi,I'm lcshepp, also known as Kathie. I would like to attend the 'Fuel' dinner on Tuesday eve. Will we meet as a group to go? I'm staying at the Hilton.
                            Hi and welcome Icshepp, also known as Kathie!

I'll be driving straight from home or work (if I finally get a full time job!!!) to Fuel on the Tuesday but it's no problem stopping off at the Hilton and picking up some folk. I've got room for 4 in the old puddle jumper!!

As for photo op advance booking handling charges, I don't think you have to worry about getting them in advance, there's plenty of tickets available once you get to the con itself, well, that's what I found last year anyway. Even the Cliff and Michael sandwhich tickets were available up to the day before the photo op and that's after all the supposed pre ordering and the pre registration buying of them. If you really want a certain photo op then it's understandable getting in there asap and you're less likely to take the chance at the con. As always it's a personal choice!

I am happy to say that Vancouver's weather has returned to its normal lovely overcast, rainy, soggy self after weeks it seems of freezing icy, snowy conditions! The lovely bright sunny days were wonderful and brought out the spectacular snow capped mountains with lovely rose tinted sunsets but the cold...brrrr! I'm still holding out in hope for drier, sunnier and warmer weather in April for the con though!!

Here's the view today looking across the Burrard bridge, Fuel is not far across the bridge, thought it would give you all an idea of the place we're going to as we all look forward to all the fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              Hi and welcome Icshepp, also known as Kathie!

I'll be driving straight from home or work (if I finally get a full time job!!!) to Fuel on the Tuesday but it's no problem stopping off at the Hilton and picking up some folk. I've got room for 4 in the old puddle jumper!!

As for photo op advance booking handling charges, I don't think you have to worry about getting them in advance, there's plenty of tickets available once you get to the con itself, well, that's what I found last year anyway. Even the Cliff and Michael sandwhich tickets were available up to the day before the photo op and that's after all the supposed pre ordering and the pre registration buying of them. If you really want a certain photo op then it's understandable getting in there asap and you're less likely to take the chance at the con. As always it's a personal choice!

I am happy to say that Vancouver's weather has returned to its normal lovely overcast, rainy, soggy self after weeks it seems of freezing icy, snowy conditions! The lovely bright sunny days were wonderful and brought out the spectacular snow capped mountains with lovely rose tinted sunsets but the cold...brrrr! I'm still holding out in hope for drier, sunnier and warmer weather in April for the con though!!

Here's the view today looking across the Burrard bridge, Fuel is not far across the bridge, thought it would give you all an idea of the place we're going to as we all look forward to all the fun!

Can I bum a ride and maybe AG too? We're staying at the Holiday Inn.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                                Can I bum a ride and maybe AG too? We're staying at the Holiday Inn.
                                Of course you can!

Comment

Working...
                                X