2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sa'Hut_IH' View Post
    "Stress is caused by the inability to beat the holy snot out of someone who, honestly, sincerely deserves it"

What? Thats what usually stresses the Mama, the rest of he hype it is just natural ADHD oh and weirdness

EDIT: sorry it was a smarty comment about a stress tape...slap me

Congrats Pat
    Lets see. I will be seeing Mama Duck in Vancouver. If I slap her and ask her to pass it on to you, do you think she would oblige?
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance View Post
      Quick question... Was Hamburger Mary's the restaurant in Holiday?

Only 45 days!!!!!!!!!
      yup......according to www.rdanderson.com .

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
        Yes, Fuel is the name of the restaurant and Joe Mallozzi raves about it, and he's a total foody, so I'm guessing it's pretty okay.
        I googled it and it seems pretty good, the desserts sound delicious, oh, and if you have a place free, I'd be interested in being one of the other three people

Comment

Yes, Fuel is the name of the restaurant and Joe Mallozzi raves about it, and he's a total foody, so I'm guessing it's pretty okay.
          I was reading the Vancouver Sun today and lo and behold there was a mention of Fuel in it. It was an article where 5 of the top chefs in Vancouver were asked what they would cook to really impress people they invite for a special occasion dinner.

Robert Belcham the executive chef of Fuel had this to say.

Unless you’re a vegetarian, few things impress diners more than a large, well prepared roast.
          Apparently he is planning to roast a whole de boned suckling pig, with a stuffing of foie gras, pork, truffle sausage and offal for 50 guests. It all sounds very medieval to me! I love roast dinners so I think I’m looking forward to trying one of his special duck dishes or maybe beef, since I’m a real roast beef fan, being British of course!

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]

Thank you, everyone, for the kind wishes. I'm off to Los Angeles on Monday. Chelle is acting as my assistant and photographer. So, you know the pictures will be great.

I will have a surprise for everyone at the Fan Party on April 2. So stay tuned for that.
          That is such good news about your project with Cliff Simon, really exciting for you! I look forward to hearing all about it. I think I will be first in line for the CD. We’ve had the worst run of bad luck in the last couple of weeks and trying to think I’m not really stressed but stunned at the moment. It was ironic in that the forum crashed yesterday as I was writing about this bad luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            Thank you, everyone, for the kind wishes. I'm off to Los Angeles on Monday. Chelle is acting as my assistant and photographer. So, you know the pictures will be great.
            Hee hee, I have the feeling this is going to prove to be one week to remember...... Hopefully I can live up to your expectations.

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
            I will have a surprise for everyone at the Fan Party on April 2. So stay tuned for that.
            SURPRISE??!?! We lurves surprises!!!!!

Can it be Vancouver time yet??!
            Last edited by Chelle; 19 February 2008, 08:05 AM.

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

No worries, CL... I'm sure there are plenty of folks who're planning other things for the first and third
              The numbers next to the locations are the number of people who've expressed interest in particular sites. Bridge studios' fence is very popular And I added one to O'Malley's for ya
              Thanks! If that's what ze numbers are there for, I can say I'm up for any locations really, to do with Stargate.
              Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Comment

Sightseeing in Vancouver

People:
                Christmaslight
                CKO
                cute_az_can_be
                DanaLee
                Daniel's Shadow
                ElephantGirl
                gatehopper
                girllinley68 + 1 (car)
                kamala42
                Krisz (car)
                L-Jade
                Neelan Liquor (car)
                Queen Eleta
                ~Sarah~
                Sechemech-Ib
                ShippyChick
                Shirt’n’Tie
                SlytherinGal
                starwanderer
                talkan
                thephoenix77
                Toomi

Places:

Bridge Studio’s Fence! – 13 (for gawking, not BBQing)
                Jack’s cabin – 11
                Steveston Village (Nightwalkers) – 5
                Tollana (Fraser Uni) – 4
                O’Mally’s (Upgrades) – 2 possible lunch?
                Jack’s house – 1
                NID Headquarters - 1
                North Vancouver - 2
                Just to add depending on the arrival time at Bridge Studios, there are several places to grab a bite to eat/drink in the area while 'actor watching'. They are: Elements Cafe, Swiss Chalet, Earl's, and ABC(next to Accent Inn).

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  Just to add depending on the arrival time at Bridge Studios, there are several places to grab a bite to eat/drink in the area while 'actor watching'. They are: Elements Cafe, Swiss Chalet, Earl's, and ABC(next to Accent Inn).
                  I don't mean to be a pest, but somehow I've either missed it or just plain forgotten... Is this "location tour" on Tuesday, April 2? Just curious.

44 days til I head to Vancouver!

Are you guys sick of me doing that yet??
                  OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
                    I don't mean to be a pest, but somehow I've either missed it or just plain forgotten... Is this "location tour" on Tuesday, April 2? Just curious.

44 days til I head to Vancouver!

Are you guys sick of me doing that yet??
                    It's Wednesday April 2. I had to doublecheck, myself.

Comment

I don't know how many times I've been around that area for one thing or the other and had no idea how many places there are to eat around there! lol.

Being a tourist here obviously means you get to see more of Vancouver than I do! It's an odd thing that. For instance I lived near London in the UK for most of my life and never saw all that I could have, at one point earlier in my life I'd been to Budapest more times than London!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        I don't know how many times I've been around that area for one thing or the other and had no idea how many places there are to eat around there! lol.

Being a tourist here obviously means you get to see more of Vancouver than I do! It's an odd thing that. For instance I lived near London in the UK for most of my life and never saw all that I could have, at one point earlier in my life I'd been to Budapest more times than London!
                        I've stayed at the Accent Inn so many times and noticed these places. I wasn't aware of Earl's until I walked to the Savon grocery store on Lougheed Hwy.

ETA: There's a Subway, also, that's on the other side of Boundry Rd.
                        Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 17 February 2008, 08:21 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

It's Wednesday April 2. I had to doublecheck, myself.
                          For all the new folks, this is a private sightseeing/location tour...not the one that Creation is charging $219.

Comment

oooh add me and veryangrystargatefan we'd love to go on the tour please

Janine xxx (AKA Janna Galaxy )

I just noticed that was my 1000th post!
                            Last edited by jannagalaxy; 17 February 2008, 12:01 PM.
                            Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                            The Strongest Will Survive!
                            I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by SlytherinGal View Post
                              OMG!! I have to tell you guys all what happened to me this valentines day (well, day after, but still)...I got engaged!!!

Spoiler:
                              Shame on me, I missed this fabulous news in amongst AG's great news!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!

Comment

from Krisz
                                Apparently he is planning to roast a whole de boned suckling pig, with a stuffing of foie gras, pork, truffle sausage and offal for 50 guests. It all sounds very medieval to me! I love roast dinners so I think I’m looking forward to trying one of his special duck dishes or maybe beef, since I’m a real roast beef fan, being British of course!
                                HHmmmmm...roast beef...wonder if he can russle up a Yorkshire pud to go with?

I've realized that my flight gets in earlier than I first thought so I might make it to the fuel dinner on the 1st. So, Ischepp I might be up for joining your table but there's no way I can get from the airport to Burnaby, check in and get back to Kitsilano that early. Anyway I'm still trying to make up my mind about this (I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure).

AG - congrats on the project with Cliff - I'm made-up for you!
                                (Liverpool expression meaning excited, delighted, and in this case, ever so slightly tinged with the green of envy!) Have a great time with Cliff! You too Chelle!

More congrats! ...this time for SlytherinGal on the engagement...BEST WISHES Girl!

and Danna Lee...we've not met but I do hope you can make it to the con.

Oh, and somebody mentioned earlier how Creation have not got all the ticket prices up yet. Yes that's very frustrating so ...
                                Gary and Adam...if you lurk this thread at all please get your collective butts in gear and update the GD site! Did we mention that there's only 46 days to go!

Cheers all
                                Jan
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X