No announcement yet.

2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add puddlejumper03 to the April 3rd reservation!! Pretty please - I'll bring chocolate!?

Comment

FAN PARTY AT THE HOLIDAY INN (April 2 at 7:00 PM)
      Arctic Goddess
      Neelan_Liquor +1
      mamasue9
      ShippyChick
      thephoenix77
      starwanderer
      Krisz
      OregonJen
      L-Jade
      Jack's CSM
      COL Mike
      DanaLee
      Lea
      Daniels Shadow
      Asmir47
      bar
      Chayiana
      Jolinar68
      Kamala42
      Talkan
      MaeveBran
      Snowflake +2
      JJ (cute as can be)
      Shirt & Tie
      Elephantgirl
      ~Sarah~
      veryangrystargatefan
      JannaGalaxy + 1
      Chelle + 2
      Ancientalliance + 2
      Toomi
      Girlinley + 2
      Shipperahoy
      Gatehoppe
      Sechemech-Ib
      jstiven

Dinner at Fuel, featuring Joe Mallozzi and Martin Gero (April 1, 7:00PM)
      Arctic Goddess
      Shirt & Tie
      MamaSue9
      ShippyChick
      Neelan_Liquor +1
      Krisz
      L-JADE
      Daniel's Shadow
      Jack's CSM
      COL Mike
      OregonJen
      veryangrystargatefan
      JannaGalaxy +1
      MaeveBran + 1
      ~Sarah~
      Icshepp
      Toomi
      Elephantgirl
      Asmir47
      bar

Dinner at Fuel, featuring Joe Mallozzi and Martin Gero (April 3, 7:00PM)

Mamasue9
      Arctic Goddess
      Elephantgirl
      Snowflake +2
      Shipperahoy
      nakedwesley + 1
      Ishshah
      Puddlejumper03
      Chelle +2 (tentative)
      Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 12 February 2008, 07:11 PM.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
        I don't know if it makes a difference to you, but the dinners at Fuel are:
        - Tuesday, April 1 or
        - Thursday, April 3

Hope that helps!
        Doh! I'm sure I knew that. *g* I meant Thursday, the 3rd. Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

**Waves hand in air**. Yes, please. Help me get there! Where are we going?
          Mamasue took up my offer of a lift to Fuel on the 1st since I'm driving straight from home and can stop by the Hilton/Holiday Inn to pick up people if they needed a lift. She said she would be with you that evening and thought you'd like a lift too.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            MamaSue took up my offer of a lift to Fuel on the 1st since I'm driving straight from home and can stop by the Hilton/Holiday Inn to pick up people if they needed a lift. She said she would be with you that evening and thought you'd like a lift too.
            Thanks Krisz, looks like you got a full car already. That's OK though, I'm sure there'll be other car or cab to go there. Just save me & DS & JJ three cool-kids seats, aka not at the far-far corner of the FUEL

Since I'll be arriving from Seattle with DanaLee & MamaSue, I'm assuming DanaLee would want to go to FUEL too.... but she hasn't been around lately I'll ask her via email then.
            sigpic
            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Everybody, I have booked a table for 20 for both evenings. From the looks of things, i will be increasing those numbers. So, please do not phone and book, since that will just confuse the poor restauranteurs.

Ruby_Caspar - what did you want to be added to? The Fan party or one of the Fuel dinners?
              Ooh sorry the Fuel dinner. Though a fan party sounds like fun...

I literally have nothing else to do in the evenings in Vancouver, so I'm up for anything! I'm flying in on the 1st, so could I be put down for the dinner on the 3rd and the fan party on the 2nd? Where is the Holiday Inn that it's at?

And where can I get me one of those cool 'Vancouver Con Attendee' banners? I'm getting really excited now...
              sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                Here's the template for the 2008 badge...
                Thanks Mamasue.....
                I take it, something like this is the idea:

Comment

Hi Artic Goddess,

Can I request 3 spaces for the Fuel meal on the 3rd? Unfortunately we don't arrive from the UK until 18.00 on the 1st so I think we will be rather tired to try for the first night

sheppardster + 2

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to organise this

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    At the moment I've got Mamasue (confirmed) and Arctic Goddess(not sure). L-JADE I understood was asking for herself and two others at first and then realised there wouldn't be room. This may change if Arctic Goddess isn't taking up the offer. So L-JADE +2 you would be in with first choice if you still want to take up the offer. If Arctic Goddess is coming then there will be room for you Icshepp and one other person. Watch this space!

There was a template for the GW badge on this thread at some point. I believe Mamasue might know something about this. Lo and behold I checked before I posted this, and Mamasue has come up trumps!

Thanks, if there is not enough room I can take a taxi. Appreciate your possibly including me. Will keep an eye to this site.
                    lcshepp.

Comment

Originally posted by lcshepp View Post
                      Thanks, if there is not enough room I can take a taxi. Appreciate your possibly including me. Will keep an eye to this site.
                      lcshepp.
                      Any idea how much a cab will be? If we can split it 3 or 4 ways it shouldn't be too bad.
                      sigpic

Comment

I might just rent a mini van for the 3rd to go to the dinner. Seeing as I work for a rental car agency, I can get one alot cheaper than a cab. Sometime this week I should find out exactly how much it would be, and if I can pick it up close to the Hotel. If the rental place is too far from the hotel it will not be worth it, as I would have to pay for a cab to get there. If I do get the Van, I should have room for four people. If we all chipped in it would be cheaper than a cab I'll let you know.
                        Music and Stargate
                        sigpic
                        Perfection

Comment

Fuel Restaurant is 7.7 miles northwest of the Hilton Hotel. Rough guess would be about $30.00 (Canadian) for a cab.

Fuel web site to see dinner menu (subject to change):
                          http://www.fuelrestaurant.ca/

Comment

Arctic Goddess...

As promised, when I called Fuel to cancel my individual reservation in favor of being inculded in the group reservation made by you, Fuel Owner / Proprietor, Tom Doughty said that you need to call him right away. 604-288-7905

I want to encourage you to call him ASAP and let us know the outcome of your conversation.

Thanks

Patricia Lee
                            Patricia Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Ishshah View Post
                              Arctic Goddess...

As promised, when I called Fuel to cancel my individual reservation in favor of being inculded in the group reservation made by you, Fuel Owner / Proprietor, Tom Doughty said that you need to call him right away. 604-288-7905

I want to encourage you to call him ASAP and let us know the outcome of your conversation.

Thanks

Patricia Lee
                              Hi everyone:

This is an email that Fuel sent me:

We still have a booking for 20 people reserved on both April 1 and 3 at 7 pm under YOUR name. The confusion arising from your reservation and that of Mr. Mallozzi is because we have had several calls requesting to add themselves to his reservation, which, of course, we will not do.

Please understand we are a 42 seat restaurant, therefore your reservation takes up half our space. Since your request is for so large a number, we require a credit card number to hold those tables. I have attached a credit card authorization along with our group menus.

Something else you might like to consider is buying out the restaurant. We would require a minimum amount spent so it is worth it for us to close to the public. This amount is subject to variance, but to buy out our restaurant for either of those nights, it would cost around $4500 not including tip and tax.

Keep us informed of any changes, and please send the authorization as soon as you can.

I am not prepared to use a credit card to book the tables or the restaurant. So, I've canceled the reservations. I am sorry about this, but you will have to make your own reservations.

I have booked a table for four people for each night, so, Krisz, our group has a table.
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Hi everyone:

This is an email that Fuel sent me:

We still have a booking for 20 people reserved on both April 1 and 3 at 7 pm under YOUR name. The confusion arising from your reservation and that of Mr. Mallozzi is because we have had several calls requesting to add themselves to his reservation, which, of course, we will not do.

Please understand we are a 42 seat restaurant, therefore your reservation takes up half our space. Since your request is for so large a number, we require a credit card number to hold those tables. I have attached a credit card authorization along with our group menus.

Something else you might like to consider is buying out the restaurant. We would require a minimum amount spent so it is worth it for us to close to the public. This amount is subject to variance, but to buy out our restaurant for either of those nights, it would cost around $4500 not including tip and tax.

Keep us informed of any changes, and please send the authorization as soon as you can.

I am not prepared to use a credit card to book the tables or the restaurant. So, I've canceled the reservations. I am sorry about this, but you will have to make your own reservations.

I have booked a table for four people for each night, so, Krisz, our group has a table.

Ok Arctic Goddess,
                                I have booked my own table for two. I encourge all who want to attend either evening to call fuel and book your own tables accordingly.

Best regards,

Patricia Lee
                                Patricia Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X