Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Con: Aug 24-26, 2007 (Stargate actors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nikki_6969 View Post
    I'll be around Thursday sometime, too. Don't worry, there will be plenty of us there to help you get into trouble.
    Thanks nikki. I got one detail worked out, just a few more to go.

Now, why does getting into trouble sound like a nice thing to do
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by nikki_6969 View Post
      I'll be around Thursday sometime, too. Don't worry, there will be plenty of us there to help you get into trouble.
      Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Now, why does getting into trouble sound like a nice thing to do
      Did someone say "trouble?" Erin? How'd you work your way into the conversation without being here?!?!

Trouble is our specialty! I'm not sure if it's just being in the greater Chicago area, the group of GWers that will be there.... Or if trouble is just inherent to the lots of us, regardless of locale or activity....... One must ponder the degree of trouble we should require to truly call it "Trouble" while we're at it.......

*gigglesnort*

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

I'll be there on Thursday too! Can't get into TOO much trouble, though, as I'll have my 8-year-old son with me ... LOL! But I'm up for outings, gatherings, etc. if there are any going on.

Comment

I'll be attending this con with my friend, but I have a question for those who may be more knowledgable about this situation.

Ok, on the Creation website it mentions staying at the Wyndham...and to mention Stargate when you book your room to get the "special" rate of $129/night. However, if you go to hotel search sites like Expedia, you can get rooms for $98/night. So why on Earth would I want the "special" (aka more expensive) rate when I can get it cheaper? Is there something I'm missing here? Do we get something special (worth $30/night) for mentioning the Stargate convention?

Also, can you bring in whatever you want for the actors to autograph, or does it have to be special "Creation Ent Approved" stuff? How much do photos there sell for, generally (to have the actors sign)?

Thanks!

Comment

hi Emmahh1125:

the photos are generally about $6.00. u can order them online from creation or u can buy them at the convention. they should have a table set up there. and also u can bring whatever u want to be signed. like last yeatr i bought a micahel shanks dr. jackson plate and he signed it for me. not sure about the hotel though i can come home when i'm done, i'm only 20 min away from the hotel. anyways hope that was helpful. hope to meet u there james

Comment

Originally posted by Emmah1125 View Post
              I'll be attending this con with my friend, but I have a question for those who may be more knowledgable about this situation.

Ok, on the Creation website it mentions staying at the Wyndham...and to mention Stargate when you book your room to get the "special" rate of $129/night. However, if you go to hotel search sites like Expedia, you can get rooms for $98/night. So why on Earth would I want the "special" (aka more expensive) rate when I can get it cheaper? Is there something I'm missing here? Do we get something special (worth $30/night) for mentioning the Stargate convention?

Also, can you bring in whatever you want for the actors to autograph, or does it have to be special "Creation Ent Approved" stuff? How much do photos there sell for, generally (to have the actors sign)?

Thanks!
              It does sound like a rip-off now that you mention it, with the hotel, I mean. I don't think there is anything special offered by mentioning Stargate. As for signing, you can bring your own stuff, but if you don't have a Gold ticket, you will have to pay for the autographs. It is a good idea to also buy photo ops of your favourite celebrity. Those are usually a riot.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                Well thank you very much Arctic Goddess and Chelle! I will have to see what I can work out and let you know. I tend to start out being shy but open up once I feel comfortable!!!
                I am so excited that so many people will be making the long trek to come to Chicago! Being my hometown, I am happy to help anyone out with logistics, directions, etc....just PM me.

I will also definitely love to join in on any trouble-making that occurs!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamala42 View Post
                  I am so excited that so many people will be making the long trek to come to Chicago! Being my hometown, I am happy to help anyone out with logistics, directions, etc....just PM me.

I will also definitely love to join in on any trouble-making that occurs!!
                  Thanks kamala42. I just PM'd you with a few questions. Looks like my biggest hurdle I just overcame so I am going to buy my ticket later this week.
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Emmah1125 View Post
                    Ok, on the Creation website it mentions staying at the Wyndham...and to mention Stargate when you book your room to get the "special" rate of $129/night. However, if you go to hotel search sites like Expedia, you can get rooms for $98/night.
                    Whoa, thanks for that tip. I haven't booked my room yet, so I'll be sure to do it through Expedia or a similar site. Usually booking directly through a convention saves you money, but I guess that's not the case this time!

And yes, you can get the actors to sign anything you bring with you. I plan on bringing my copy of the letter page from Cult Times Magazine where they printed my "Save Carson" letter for Paul McGillion to sign. (Although the photos they sell at the convention are gorgeous.)

Comment

God you guys have gotten me pumped. I cant wait to go now. This will be the first convention I have ever gone to. I;m trying to get someone I know to go with me but even if they don't I will be there. I'm looking at getting the Gold Package through Creation, Has anyone gotten this? Do you Recommend that I get it now? And What about Hotel Room should I book that now? Ahh I can't wait I already asked off work and I'm ready !!!!! I hope I get to know some people on this board better and meet up there

Comment

FM - Welcome to the insanity that is the Chicago Con Thread! Trust me when I say that you'll have a good time while you're there.

As for which tickets to buy - it really depends upon your budget. The Gold tickets are of course the most expensive but do include most of the autographs. If you're interested in the closest seating to the stage, buying these tickets sooner rather than later is your best bet.

Again earlier is better than later if you want your own hotel room. There are always people looking for roomies as well to split costs - keep an eye out for a thread to be started for that shortly.

Also, there are plenty of get-togethers during the course of the con, whether they be hanging out on someone's room to taking over the hotel's bar (Kerri, Erin, JCSM, and co, we're good for it, right? ). If you get there a few days ahead of time, there's plenty to see and do in the city too! The train leaves right from the airport (a five minute ride on the hotel's shuttle) and you can hit tons of stuff there - museums, the aquarium, shopping, the works!

See ya soon!

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                          FM - Welcome to the insanity that is the Chicago Con Thread! Trust me when I say that you'll have a good time while you're there.

As for which tickets to buy - it really depends upon your budget. The Gold tickets are of course the most expensive but do include most of the autographs. If you're interested in the closest seating to the stage, buying these tickets sooner rather than later is your best bet.

Again earlier is better than later if you want your own hotel room. There are always people looking for roomies as well to split costs - keep an eye out for a thread to be started for that shortly.

Also, there are plenty of get-togethers during the course of the con, whether they be hanging out on someone's room to taking over the hotel's bar (Kerri, Erin, JCSM, and co, we're good for it, right? ). If you get there a few days ahead of time, there's plenty to see and do in the city too! The train leaves right from the airport (a five minute ride on the hotel's shuttle) and you can hit tons of stuff there - museums, the aquarium, shopping, the works!

See ya soon!

ah it sounds awesome. Im going to buy my ticket right after I post this that way there is no way to back out!!!. Tickets are non refunable and Im going. I look forward to meeting more people through-out the next couple months on this forum.

Comment

I Just bought my gold weekend tickets!!!. I Can't wait.. I Live in Ohio so I ll drive out it's only about 5 Hours. Just need a hotel room. I'll probably go out on Thursday night. Yey (P.S. I hope you don't mind Chelle but I like you countdown timer so I kinda borrowed it until the convention is over)

Comment

hi!
                              congrats finalmacuyver. i just bought my gold ticket the first week in april. i live 20 min from the hotel so i dont have to worry about getting a room i can always come back hom i'm looking forward to meeting u. take care james. i'm in row E10 btw what row are u in????

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
                                hi!
                                congrats finalmacuyver. i just bought my gold ticket the first week in april. i live 20 min from the hotel so i dont have to worry about getting a room i can always come back hom i'm looking forward to meeting u. take care james. i'm in row E10 btw what row are u in????
                                Im not sure yet Im still waiting on the information email, Ive only recieved the order recieved email so far. Did you purchase yous through creatino enternetainment? What information does the email give you other than row? Look forward to meeting new fans!!
                                Last edited by FinalMacGyver; 08 May 2007, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X