GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    But see it's easy not to see if someone is filming. With the technology at hands it just looks like making pictures. It is sometimes just a switch of a button and you are done with it. Not to mention that at some times during a Q&A or an Auction you are just to busy watching stuff on stage.

I was really shocked when I heard about it, not only that someone taped it, but also that someone on this forum, who knew it was illegal advertised it and squeeed about it. Because of that probably loads of people went looking for it and found it, and now probably made copies of it.

It honestly hurts me (and also saddens me loads) that people would do such a thing after everything that the G4 does for the fans of Amanda. I mean they make conventions/events such an amazing experience. They make it worth going, and if you ever went you know what I mean. It's about meeting new people, getting together with people you met online or just catching up with old friends. You'll never be alone on any Gabit Event. You can just be yourself and have fun!

Yeah I know I just rambled a lot. But all I want to say is...

THANK YOU G4 FOR YOUR AMAZING EVENTS!!!

Year after year you do things for the fans, year after year you are there for them. Year after year you keep amazing me with all your talents. You all just are amazing people! And I hope things like what happened now will not change who you are, or how you run conventions. Because they are amazing!
    Well said Eve!! And I totally agree!!!

((((((((G4))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Have to admit that I was quite stunned to see a video on YT from the Gabit event. I do know that there has been no mention at the Armageddon event for no videoing but if I do attend an event and they say strictly no videoing, then my camera is only going to to take still photographs. In fact I have very limited amount of pics from Gabit coz I was to engrossed in the actual event to be bothered with taking pics. I'm just so totally peeved and sorry for Amanda and the Gabit team that this has happened. Good luck in finding the perpetrators. IIRC, the same thing happened at Avalon...I thought there was a no video taping of that event too and yet I have seen a clip from Avalon on YT.

Still haven't started my AT4 report as yet...in short, had a rough night last night and will be taking things easy for a few days...including limiting my internet fun as the head and eyes have protested rather loudly! But should be back on board very soon! Thank heavens for Advil!
      Yes take care of yourself! There are some things that are more important than playing on the interwebs. Really, there is And when you're well and rested I'm looking forward to reading your report

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      Spoilered for length...
      Spoiler:
      But see it's easy not to see if someone is filming. With the technology at hands it just looks like making pictures. It is sometimes just a switch of a button and you are done with it. Not to mention that at some times during a Q&A or an Auction you are just to busy watching stuff on stage.

I was really shocked when I heard about it, not only that someone taped it, but also that someone on this forum, who knew it was illegal advertised it and squeeed about it. Because of that probably loads of people went looking for it and found it, and now probably made copies of it.

It honestly hurts me (and also saddens me loads) that people would do such a thing after everything that the G4 does for the fans of Amanda. I mean they make conventions/events such an amazing experience. They make it worth going, and if you ever went you know what I mean. It's about meeting new people, getting together with people you met online or just catching up with old friends. You'll never be alone on any Gabit Event. You can just be yourself and have fun!

Yeah I know I just rambled a lot. But all I want to say is...

THANK YOU G4 FOR YOUR AMAZING EVENTS!!!

Year after year you do things for the fans, year after year you are there for them. Year after year you keep amazing me with all your talents. You all just are amazing people! And I hope things like what happened now will not change who you are, or how you run conventions. Because they are amazing!
      What she said! Beautifully put!

Comment

As promised all that we could remember of the AT4 Q&A's is written down

Part 1, part 2, part 3.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          As promised all that we could remember of the AT4 Q&A's is written down

Part 1, part 2, part 3.
          Heeeeeee.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
            [SIZE="1"]*to the tune of 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star'*
            Nice. Athough Ihad only just got the SOM tune out of my head only to be replaced with this.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

EH-T your wonderful! do you have room for one more niece? I'll be a good girl, promise!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            Oh, you are already a part of that club my dear.

Re: the posting on videos from AT4. Sorry if I sound all Aunty EH-T here but this illustrates one of my pet peeves, namely lack of respect. To me it is not funny nor youthful hijinks to break the rules. To me it shows a total lack of respect for the Gabit folk and for AT. The rules are there for a reason and we all know what they are so there is no excuse for breaking them. If you can't respect the rules and the people that make them then don't go to the event because, frankly, you are missing the point of what AT events are all about.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Re: the posting on videos from AT4. Sorry if I sound all Aunty EH-T here but this illustrates one of my pet peeves, namely lack of respect. To me it is not funny nor youthful hijinks to break the rules. To me it shows a total lack of respect for the Gabit folk and for AT. The rules are there for a reason and we all know what they are so there is no excuse for breaking them. If you can't respect the rules and the people that make them then don't go to the event because, frankly, you are missing the point of what AT events are all about.
              Nicely put.....such a nice polite Canadian...are you from Manitoba? I hear there are friendly people there.

And also...very true.
              Last edited by Tittamiire; 27 November 2009, 11:09 AM.
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I also heartily endorse this product and/or service.

Nicely put, Aunty Eh-T.

(Titta and I are in the same room right now, stuffing our faces with brightly coloured Turkish cakes we picked up at the Christmas market. We had hot chocolate with baileys, bratwurst, fresh donuts cooked in front of us and we also sampled some fantastic olives. How cool is that? My first winter Christmas!)
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Nicely put, Aunty Eh-T.

(Titta and I are in the same room right now, stuffing our faces with brightly coloured Turkish cakes we picked up at the Christmas market. We had hot chocolate with baileys, bratwurst, fresh donuts cooked in front of us and we also sampled some fantastic olives. How cool is that? My first winter Christmas!)
                  Blegh ... you're making me sick! Lol *tries not to throw up*

Glad you're having a good time

And well said everyone on that stupid person and the vid. Grrrr ... some people! Glad she (I assume) was found.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just popping in to try and catch up with everything. Going back over posts made just a few hours after the con is bringing back such wonderful memories... Was trying to stay out until the entire trip was penned out in my journal... It never gets written down and then weeks later is regretted...
                    However, it was only a matter of time... What is that saying Resistance is Futile?
                    A huge THANK You needs to be said to everyone that I met, and spent time getting to know over that weekend...
                    Never before have I walked into a con as a first timer and felt such a warm welcome!
                    It was truly the best weekend yet. There are many personal messages that need to be PM'd if they haven't already, but I think those are going to remain private...
                    Thank you so much everyone!
                    sigpic
                    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Blegh ... you're making me sick! Lol *tries not to throw up*

Glad you're having a good time

And well said everyone on that stupid person and the vid. Grrrr ... some people! Glad she (I assume) was found.
                      But feeling sick is a good thing, right?

I'm thinking of making Holland my last stop before heading back to Heathrow, so will be there in around 2 weeks? Will let you know when I have exact dates
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

But feeling sick is a good thing, right?

I'm thinking of making Holland my last stop before heading back to Heathrow, so will be there in around 2 weeks? Will let you know when I have exact dates
                        Hehe .. a very good thing! But no fun

Yay. Let me know the dates once you know, but no obligations at all!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          Nicely put.....such a nice polite Canadian...are you from Manitoba? I hear there are friendly people there.

And also...very true.
                          Mostly friendly. The odd thief has not been reading the license plates.

Nicely put, Aunty Eh-T.

LOL! Now you kids take it easy or you will be sick. Glad you are both having such fun.
                          Last edited by EH-T; 27 November 2009, 02:53 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Have to admit that I was quite stunned to see a video on YT from the Gabit event. I do know that there has been no mention at the Armageddon event for no videoing but if I do attend an event and they say strictly no videoing, then my camera is only going to to take still photographs. In fact I have very limited amount of pics from Gabit coz I was to engrossed in the actual event to be bothered with taking pics. I'm just so totally peeved and sorry for Amanda and the Gabit team that this has happened. Good luck in finding the perpetrators. IIRC, the same thing happened at Avalon...I thought there was a no video taping of that event too and yet I have seen a clip from Avalon on YT.

Still haven't started my AT4 report as yet...in short, had a rough night last night and will be taking things easy for a few days...including limiting my internet fun as the head and eyes have protested rather loudly! But should be back on board very soon! Thank heavens for Advil!
                            That was one reason I was glad I had the monopod in Chicago. I got more piccies this time than ever before. I didn't have to remember to lift the camera.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I'm not going to comment on the perpetrators.

what we can do, however, next time you're at a con and if you know there's a 'no videoing' policy...and you see someone doing it...turn their butts in.
                            Yeah. I should've spoken up, but I kept expecting the person in Chicago to get busted, especially after they had checked up on me. And I was behaving myself. But, I think they got away with it.

LOL! Now you kids take it easy or you will be sick. Glad you are bothe having such fun.
                            THAT explains it. They didn't realize they were in Canada when they broke in.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                              Just popping in to try and catch up with everything. Going back over posts made just a few hours after the con is bringing back such wonderful memories... Was trying to stay out until the entire trip was penned out in my journal... It never gets written down and then weeks later is regretted...
                              However, it was only a matter of time... What is that saying Resistance is Futile?
                              A huge THANK You needs to be said to everyone that I met, and spent time getting to know over that weekend...
                              Never before have I walked into a con as a first timer and felt such a warm welcome!
                              It was truly the best weekend yet. There are many personal messages that need to be PM'd if they haven't already, but I think those are going to remain private...
                              Thank you so much everyone!
                              You were a newbie too? I had no idea, lol! Was an absolute pleasure meeting you too
                              And yes, resistance IS futile

Comment

heh, I'm sure those "Halloween bears" will get the thief

Comment

Working...
                                X