GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I know this is probably not the place to put this news but in 3 months, 2 weeks and 4 days, I will be having dinner with Amanda here in Melbourne!
    I have to learn to breathe...such a stressful thing is bidding on auction for such a cool thing!!
    So...I have 2 awesome fantastic events to look forward to in October and November...wow...my Christmas is going to come early!!
    That's awesome! Congrats!!

Of course, we want a full report in 3 months, 2 weeks and 5 days.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I had a rather boring day at work except I talked for about half an hour to some lovely folks about Gabit and Amanda Tapping today! One asked..."Who is Amanda Tapping?" I nearly keeled over!! Like she's one of the most awesomest women on the planet!!! That was pretty much the highlight of my day! I got to talk Gabit!!!
      Proselytizing again, Chelle? Just wait til the con when you'll be preaching to the choir. You're going to have so much fun.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

The Sanctuary Experience and Meet The Man: Richard Dean Anderson Events Update

GABIT Events and Legends Memorabilia are pleased to announce that pre-registration for these two events will open on Friday 3rd July 2009.
        http://www.gabitevents.co.uk and click on either The Sanctuary Experience or Meet the Man link to get to the General Events FAQ.

The General FAQ contains information on each event, including Venue, ticket options & prices, and the time reg will open for the event you are interested in.

Whilst we are happy for people to cross post this announcement with the general link, please do not post the FAQ in its entirety on lists or forums as it makes it impossible for us to keep it up to date and correct.

Any questions not answered in the FAQ can be directed to [email protected] or [email protected]

We look forward to welcoming you to our first Vancouver Events

Best Wishes
        Becky, Julia, Kay, John, Paul ,Angie & Julie.

Comment

I applaud you for keeping the price so reasonable.
          Last edited by leiasky; 30 June 2009, 03:02 PM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
            The Sanctuary Experience and Meet The Man: Richard Dean Anderson Events Update

<snip>

Best Wishes
            Becky, Julia, Kay, John, Paul ,Angie & Julie.
            Thanks for the info!

*SQUEE*

Now I must remember to be at the computer at the right time!

Comment

I just noticed the date these go on sale. July 3rd. Right in the middle of a holiday weekend for everyone in the USA. Ugh. LOL!

Cocktail Party question. . . is this just an hors d'oeuvre type event or is this a full sit down dinner?
              Last edited by leiasky; 30 June 2009, 03:09 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                I just noticed the date these go on sale. July 3rd. Right in the middle of a holiday weekend for everyone in the USA. Ugh. LOL!

Cocktail Party question. . . is this just an hors d'oeuvre type event or is this a full sit down dinner?
                The Cocktail Party at Meet the Man is a full sit down dinner. Is that the one you are referring to?

Julia
                G4
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                  The Cocktail Party at Meet the Man is a full sit down dinner. Is that the one you are referring to?

Julia
                  G4
                  Yep. Now I understand why just one evening is half the price of a whole weekend pass. Thanks for the quick response!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    Yep. Now I understand why just one evening is half the price of a whole weekend pass. Thanks for the quick response!
                    No problem.

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

happy canada day !!!!!!
                      CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                      Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                      Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                      Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                      Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                      Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

for those that need it

www.ex.com/ucc

now bear in mind, currency conversion varies hour to hour and who knows that it'll look like in september, but this can be a guideline
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have a general question about the Thursday night event for people who have participated in prior Gabit functions. I know that some food functions held by another entity involve the actors spending around 3 to 5 minutes per table. Around how much time do you anticipate RDA spending at each table?

Comment

Hopefully, he'll feel comfortable enough to spend more time than that
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
                              I have a general question about the Thursday night event for people who have participated in prior Gabit functions. I know that some food functions held by another entity involve the actors spending around 3 to 5 minutes per table. Around how much time do you anticipate RDA spending at each table?
                              They say it's like the cocktailparty at AT's events right? From what I've heard, she spends 10-15 minutes a table.

(And at the latest Creation event I was at, the food function was a dessert party where both attending guests spend less than 1 minute at our table, 1 didn't even bother to sit down, the other was constantly checking how long he had to stay.)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                They say it's like the cocktailparty at AT's events right? From what I've heard, she spends 10-15 minutes a table.

(And at the latest Creation event I was at, the food function was a dessert party where both attending guests spend less than 1 minute at our table, 1 didn't even bother to sit down, the other was constantly checking how long he had to stay.)
                                At Gabit events cocktail parties, after Dinner, The guest circulates the tables and spends 8-10 minutes sitting and chatting with the fans. Then the photo of the whole table is taken before the guest moves on. oow that's not in the FAQ is it? Each cocktail party attendee gets a copy of this group shot of the guest at their table. I'll get that added in somewhere. For technical reasons in Vancouver all the prints will be 6x8 Photos. You also get a souvenir wine glass charm to take home. More on the charms project will be sent to those lucky enough to get charmed passes.

Best Wishes
                                Becks

Comment

Working...
                                X