*to the tune of 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star'*

What a pity the con. is done
    For I really had such fun.
    Lots of old friends I did meet
    Made some new ones - pretty neat!
    But, alas, it's over now
    To all involved, please take a bow.

Dinos, replicators, threats galore
    Amanda talked......and talked some more.
    She was seen with her hard hat on
    As she twirled her shiny baton.
    One more thing that was of note -
    Amanda singing with a goat.

A funny scene without a doubt
    Was Sam and Helen, acted out.
    Our heroes seem to have the knack
    For falling for 'kinky' guys called Jack.
    The actors gave a performance best
    And we were very much impressed.

Chocolate, jello, we ate a lot
    Abnormals danced - I kid you not!
    Nubbins, Nubbins, everywhere
    Neep went trouserless for a dare
    Our generosity knows no bounds
    The charities gained lots of pounds.

Amanda, G4, thanks to you
    The stewards, puppies and Legends too.
    I hope to see you all again
    In the lobby of The Ren.
    AT5 will be so great
    I really, really cannot wait!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      *to the tune of 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star'*

Spoilered for length...
      Spoiler:
      But, alas, it's over now

In the lobby of The Ren.
      AT5 will be so great

*applause* Bravo!

"Amanda singing with a goat."
      Ah yes, the memories. LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Told AT's joke at a partners' meeting the day I got back. Only got one laugh. No sense of humour these people, I thought it was hilarious.
        LOL!
        Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        OK, I need another break from work so here are some of my highlights from AT$ (is that a typo or a Freudian slip? ):

-reuniting with "the Four" and with familiar faces from AT3

-meeting folks from this and other threads who I had not yet had the pleasure of meeting

-talking to strangers

-actually seeing some things in London for a change

-adopting more nieces

-being the recipient of a beautiful piece of artwork from antoa (and the little bag ) At first I thought it was a picture of me but realised it was AT because of the long hair That girl's got talent.

-watching the look on Julia's face when her book raised so much money at the auction

-(I mentioned this to you privately) the pride I felt when samcarterrules got up the nerve to ask a question (and a great question it was too). Way to go girl!

-getting the PengYn eyes again

-the bad influence of LeeFraser, dipsofjazz, amanda_tapping_fan and the others in my row in encouraging me to make AT run

-offering Thomisina 10 English pounds to run in the lobby (and then running after her to hand it over and explaining to the security guy "its OK, I'm not crazy")

-all the nubbins popping up when the 2 new nubbins went up for auction and having the perfect vantage point to see antoa dissolve further and further into tears as the price continued to climb, in the end raising 800 English pounds for charity

-Neep going pantless to raise money for charity and raising close to 200 English pounds

-using the "That's quite enough of that!" button on my adopted nieces (a lot)

-competing with Flow at the auction. I welcome the rematch at SE!

-apologising to Mick over running up the bid on the framed picture he purchased only to find he didn't mind in the least and that he generously will likely donate it back to be re-auctioned at SE. Classy gentleman.

-having a joke dedicated to me

-the joy in having two friends, who are warm and kind and very generous, win coffee with AT. Couldn't have happened to two nicer people.

-finding my long lost Mum at (go figure) the Abnormal's Ball

-getting to know some of the guys like Shirt'n'Tie (who was not wearing a tie, very confusing) and Master Bray Tack. Kudos to the guys who were severely outnumbered.

-Titta's costume. A-maz-ing!

-AT's speech crediting the fans with making S4K possible. Classy gentle woman.

-the Remembrance Day service and the opportunity to place a little cross with a poppy on the grounds of Westminster Abbey in loving gratitude to my uncles.

Despite all that I'm still a wee bit bitter but I'm sure I'll get over it by SE (or AT5 at the latest).
        EH-T your wonderful! do you have room for one more niece? I'll be a good girl, promise!
        Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        Hey everyone

I've finally finished my AT4 con report. Each event I always try to capture the spirit of Gabit. I try to include everything that I remember from all of the Q&A's as well as the event as a whole, and I also try to illustrate what it means to me personally. So... it gets lengthy but hopefully it will be an enjoyable read for you.

AT4 "Reflections" Con Report

My LJ does have a naturally grey font and I know that there might be some folks here who have trouble with it, if you do please message me, because I can tweak it a bit for you.
        Still reading but its a great read!
        [QUOTE=dipsofjazz;10885203] *to the tune of 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star'*
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...lay_guitar.gif

But, alas, it's over now

In the lobby of The Ren.
        AT5 will be so great

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...rSmileyGuy.gif

Brilliant!!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I stayed at the ren last night on business and the lobby was strangely less active than the last time I was there!!!

Thanks for all the kind words, GABIT is what it is because of the hard work and dedication of the not just the G4, the Staff and our stewards but all of you who come along and bring the craziness to life.

Thank you all for your generosity of Spirit, time and finance.

Roll on the summer and AT5. More news soon on those events. However the SE tickets general sales are now up on the Legends site. General admission weekend tickets only ( the meet & Greet is full) now available.

Best Wishes
          Becks

Comment

I'ma gonna cross post my latest travel blog here, since technically this is still my AT4 trip

For kinda off topic

Spoiler:
            I have spent the last few days being pampered and waited on by a friend in Nelson (north of Manchester). Just what I needed to get over this cold. Good food, company and cats… what more can you want? Thanks Ruth!

Yesterday Sara and Jayne took me to the Imperial War Museum in Manchester, which was fascinating. I found a “fernleaf” uniform, complete with lemon squeezer. They had a wee (and I mean wee) display about the ANZACs. They mentioned Gallipoli but I couldn’t find a thing about Chunuk Bair. As for Maori soldiers, I found one photo of an “unidentified Maori from New Zealand.” Nice. Other than that, the place is amazing. There are photos of nurses practising fitting full body gas masks on new born babies. A member of staff gave me one to hold and it was heavy enough without the baby, and the nurses in the photos were holding 2 babies each and had gas masks fitted themselves. They had hooks on the back so the nurses could hang the babies on the wall and have 2 free hands to try and pump all of the masks 40 times a minute. The scariest thing was seeing the colourful plastic modern equivalent issued to Israeli children just 20 years ago, showing that this stuff isn’t going away any time soon.

Tomorrow I’m catching a bus to Sheffield where, depending on the weather, a feisty wee rugby player may be dragging me up a mountain. On Tuesday I’m heading to Prague to begin my trip around Europe. Yay!
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
              I stayed at the ren last night on business and the lobby was strangely less active than the last time I was there!!!

Thanks for all the kind words, GABIT is what it is because of the hard work and dedication of the not just the G4, the Staff and our stewards but all of you who come along and bring the craziness to life.

Roll on the summer and AT5. More news soon on those events. However the SE tickets general sales are now up on the Legends site. General admission weekend tickets only ( the meet & Greet is full) now available.

Best Wishes
              Becks
              Becky! You have to make your own fun in the lobby! Did you take your pants off? Tackle hug strangers? You're just not trying hard enough

Thanks for the fantastic weekend, one I won't be forgetting in a hurry. *hugs*
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Best Wishes
                Becks
                We do add a certain something wherever we go

Yes! Roll on SE and AT5!
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Tickets to our Sanctuary Experience event are now available on the Legends Memorabilia website.

Please go to http://www.stargateprops.com/catalog...d.asp?id=21604 to make your purchase. (Please note that the Meet and Greet add-on is sold out.)

Kay G4
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

regarding some you tube videos

The only reason I didn't delete that post last night was to not warn that person prior to Gabit getting the info they needed to take it down.

Guys, y'all that have been to the cons know the rules. And they're simple. And, honestly, Gabit isn't the only con that has a 'no taping' policy. Gatecon does, Creation does and i'm sure others that I haven't attended.

When she does the cons, to the best of my knowledge, Amanda makes very few 'rules' and demands. The biggest of which is 'no video taping'. Not a huge inconvenience.

Instead of cheering these persistent rule breakers on, you should be concerned. Do you know it would not be impossible for Gabit to implement a 'no cameras at all' policy?

Some events have that. They could very easily make a 'no cameras at all' policy, then contract with a few trusted folks to take photos, that Gabit then gets Amanda to approve, that they then upload and guess what, NO ONE has a unique and fun photo of their own. No one would have a photo that they could use for their walls or icons.

That is a worst case scenario. And every single time we have rule breakers like this that ignore the rules, they make the worst case scenario more and more likely.

Cheering these folks on is like rooting for the shop lifter that you see sticking something under their jacket.

If i were Gabit, I would not be thinking twice about banning these ladies from future cons.

They took advantage of the open and fun and relaxed atmosphere to pimp their own reps. And disrespected every single attendee while they did it.

If you come across any more of these videos, please do not post the links here. If you have the desire to post them anywhere, PM them to Gabit, or PM them to me and I'll forward them. But please don't encourage these thieves by embracing their disrespect.

Amanda trusts us at her cons, and all she asks is respect in return. That's not too much.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hit the nail on the head (as usual) Denise, thank you!

Hi Guys.

Just saw the GABIT message on Twitter.

I am very upset for the GABITeers.

I am bitterly disappointed that someone broke the rules. This is a betrayl not just of GABIT and their kindness and generosity, AND a betrayl of Amanda's trust, but also a betrayl of the honest-decent fan who attended and kept the rules.

Chin up GABITeers.....and to the rule breaker......well.....*&*^*^*D!!^&*&&!!

*humph*

S'n'T
                      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                      Sara O' Neill's father;
                      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Have to admit that I was quite stunned to see a video on YT from the Gabit event. I do know that there has been no mention at the Armageddon event for no videoing but if I do attend an event and they say strictly no videoing, then my camera is only going to to take still photographs. In fact I have very limited amount of pics from Gabit coz I was to engrossed in the actual event to be bothered with taking pics. I'm just so totally peeved and sorry for Amanda and the Gabit team that this has happened. Good luck in finding the perpetrators. IIRC, the same thing happened at Avalon...I thought there was a no video taping of that event too and yet I have seen a clip from Avalon on YT.

Still haven't started my AT4 report as yet...in short, had a rough night last night and will be taking things easy for a few days...including limiting my internet fun as the head and eyes have protested rather loudly! But should be back on board very soon! Thank heavens for Advil!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

What a bunch of nitwits!

Why take a video when it was expressly stated not to do so?

I had a very close seat to the stage and a very nice camera sitting up in my room for all of AT4 because I didn't want to be bothered taking photos. I wanted to appreciate the fans, the atmosphere, and the giving spirit.

I feel violated as a participant, so I can't imagine how the G4 and stewards must feel.

This is so much against the whole giving-vibe of the weekend.

Why?

Comment

I'm not going to comment on the perpetrators.

what we can do, however, next time you're at a con and if you know there's a 'no videoing' policy...and you see someone doing it...turn their butts in.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i didn't realize the person that put the video up was breaking the rules. i honestly thought it was just a treat for the peeps not able to go. sorry.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              regarding some you tube videos

The only reason I didn't delete that post last night was to not warn that person prior to Gabit getting the info they needed to take it down.

Guys, y'all that have been to the cons know the rules. And they're simple. And, honestly, Gabit isn't the only con that has a 'no taping' policy. Gatecon does, Creation does and i'm sure others that I haven't attended.

When she does the cons, to the best of my knowledge, Amanda makes very few 'rules' and demands. The biggest of which is 'no video taping'. Not a huge inconvenience.

Instead of cheering these persistent rule breakers on, you should be concerned. Do you know it would not be impossible for Gabit to implement a 'no cameras at all' policy?

Some events have that. They could very easily make a 'no cameras at all' policy, then contract with a few trusted folks to take photos, that Gabit then gets Amanda to approve, that they then upload and guess what, NO ONE has a unique and fun photo of their own. No one would have a photo that they could use for their walls or icons.

That is a worst case scenario. And every single time we have rule breakers like this that ignore the rules, they make the worst case scenario more and more likely.

Cheering these folks on is like rooting for the shop lifter that you see sticking something under their jacket.

If i were Gabit, I would not be thinking twice about banning these ladies from future cons.

They took advantage of the open and fun and relaxed atmosphere to pimp their own reps. And disrespected every single attendee while they did it.

If you come across any more of these videos, please do not post the links here. If you have the desire to post them anywhere, PM them to Gabit, or PM them to me and I'll forward them. But please don't encourage these thieves by embracing their disrespect.

Amanda trusts us at her cons, and all she asks is respect in return. That's not too much.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                I'm not going to comment on the perpetrators.

what we can do, however, next time you're at a con and if you know there's a 'no videoing' policy...and you see someone doing it...turn their butts in.
                                But see it's easy not to see if someone is filming. With the technology at hands it just looks like making pictures. It is sometimes just a switch of a button and you are done with it. Not to mention that at some times during a Q&A or an Auction you are just to busy watching stuff on stage.

I was really shocked when I heard about it, not only that someone taped it, but also that someone on this forum, who knew it was illegal advertised it and squeeed about it. Because of that probably loads of people went looking for it and found it, and now probably made copies of it.

It honestly hurts me (and also saddens me loads) that people would do such a thing after everything that the G4 does for the fans of Amanda. I mean they make conventions/events such an amazing experience. They make it worth going, and if you ever went you know what I mean. It's about meeting new people, getting together with people you met online or just catching up with old friends. You'll never be alone on any Gabit Event. You can just be yourself and have fun!

Yeah I know I just rambled a lot. But all I want to say is...

THANK YOU G4 FOR YOUR AMAZING EVENTS!!!

Year after year you do things for the fans, year after year you are there for them. Year after year you keep amazing me with all your talents. You all just are amazing people! And I hope things like what happened now will not change who you are, or how you run conventions. Because they are amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X