No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I mentionned it on Twitter, LJ, Gabit, msn, and pretty much as much as I could. But I'll do it here again.

Thank you all for that amazing weekend ?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      The day I returned to work I found myself cutting stamps off of the mail as it had become so automatic. I'm assuming we will do the stamp thing again for AT5? We could bring them to SE but I'm not sure the Gabit folk want to haul them home.

BTW, who won the stamp collection thing? Want to pass on my congrats.
      I keep doing that too - yet another reason to enjoy Xmas Card exchanges!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Becky! You have to make your own fun in the lobby! Did you take your pants off? Tackle hug strangers? You're just not trying hard enough

Thanks for the fantastic weekend, one I won't be forgetting in a hurry. *hugs*
      LOL - only you Neep ... you are definitely a unique one! *hugs the crazy Kiwi*

My thoughts on the YT incident (in spoilers b/c most of it has been said already):
      Spoiler:
      As for the vid on YT incident ... I was blissfully unaware until a tweet flying by caught my attention that the person responsible had been caught. Shock was my first reaction, followed by a slow burn of anger and shame. How ... WHY ... would anyone blantantly disregard one of the very few rules set out at the event, and then go on to advertise the fact??? *shakes head* I'm very glad that the person responsible has been caught, and dealt with.
      This wasn't 'cool' -- it was a slap in the face to all the rule-abiding participants, and a direct challenge to the authority of the G4 and awesome staff! That person took advantage of the staff's tendency to be trusting and relatively lax around us -- one of the great things about the GABIT events is that it really feels like a family atmosphere. I was saddened by someone's audacity to publicly flaunt their disregard of the rules, and angered by the potential consequences for us all

I've said it a few times in person, but would like the opportunity to do so again in print - a *huge* THANK YOU to the amazing Amanda Tapping, the incomparable G4, and the tireless staff of GABITEvents. You all seriously rock the rockrock like it's nobody's business! ***Cdn bear hugs all round***
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Ames... Seriously, bless you. Thank you so much for all the goofyness and all the blueness you brought to this weekend. Can't wait to meet you all again, love.

As for the YT mess. Well, I won't talk about it. Let's just say that as a newbie, I feel as angry and amazed at this craziness as if I had known Gabit & G4 for years. Mentionned it to a few already, but to me, Gabit staff&attendees is a new-found family and I hate breaches of trust as if I was the one insulted. ><

*shares of hugs all around*

Comment

Originally posted by Carter-SG-1 View Post
          heh, I'm sure those "Halloween bears" will get the thief
          LOL! Sadly I am too far south for the polar bears to be of any help. Besides, they have their own problems what with global warming and all. (kick in the butt to Stephen Harper and the Conservative minority government who are doing squat)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            But feeling sick is a good thing, right?
            I'm thinking of making Holland my last stop before heading back to Heathrow, so will be there in around 2 weeks? Will let you know when I have exact dates
            Don't forget to let me know when you arrive in Melbourne...depending on the weather, I would say we'll probably spend the day in the city and maybe go to the Skydeck at the Eureka hotel and then check out the rest of the city...unless you have other ideas!
            Originally posted by ames View Post
            I've said it a few times in person, but would like the opportunity to do so again in print - a *huge* THANK YOU to the amazing Amanda Tapping, the incomparable G4, and the tireless staff of GABITEvents. You all seriously rock the rockrock like it's nobody's business! ***Cdn bear hugs all round***
            Posts like this should be bolded....I love this and second the motion...the G4, the Gabit team, Amanda and her fans are rock stars!!! It was an absolute pleasure and privilege to have been able to attend and be surrounded by the most amazing people on this planet.
            Thank you all!
            Originally posted by Azeleen View Post
            Ames... Seriously, bless you. Thank you so much for all the goofyness and all the blueness you brought to this weekend. Can't wait to meet you all again, love.
            *shares of hugs all around*
            Seconding this motion too...I'm going to miss all the hugs and love.

I know I said I would have my report ready this week but unfortunately I have to put it on hold for a little bit...but I will get it done. I just need to get over what ever it is that is slowly driving me nuts!

(((Gabiteers)))
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              As promised all that we could remember of the AT4 Q&A's is written down

Part 1, part 2, part 3.
              WOW!!! you guys have wonderful memories! I loved reading pengyn's and now yours. What great memories--and now I think you've fastened it into my memory bank--much better than only have heard it at the con. Amanda is truly a marvelous woman. Such ambition and energy. Makes me wish I were young again. For my age I have mental energy enough but physically I can't keep up! I am finally getting back to normal sleepwise. But wouldn't have missed it for anything!!

My sincere thanks to everyone who made my weekend so terrific--from the fantastic G4 to my fellow Amanda fans. Best ever!!!!

Hope all my American friends had a fine Thanksgiving and that EVERYONE has a wonderful Holiday Season. Next on my list--Holiday Cards and a trip to the post office

(((((((((((Samandans))))))))))

Comment

Nice. Athough Ihad only just got the SOM tune out of my head only to be replaced with this.

Oh, you are already a part of that club my dear.

Re: the posting on videos from AT4. Sorry if I sound all Aunty EH-T here but this illustrates one of my pet peeves, namely lack of respect. To me it is not funny nor youthful hijinks to break the rules. To me it shows a total lack of respect for the Gabit folk and for AT. The rules are there for a reason and we all know what they are so there is no excuse for breaking them. If you can't respect the rules and the people that make them then don't go to the event because, frankly, you are missing the point of what AT events are all about.
                As usual you took the words right out of my head--the major problem in the WORLD today is lack of respect!! It is a cause of no end of trouble--right from the school kids who throw their trash in my yard and including the wars that are so sadly in the news of late. Respect for neighbors all the way to people of other races, religions would make the world a more peaceful and happy place. At AT5 we have an opportunity to prove to the G4 that we are the respectful folks they expect us to be. I truly hope that will be the case.

I love you all,

donamac (rant over)

Comment

*cross-posted from the Samandan thread*

I just realised that I haven't posted my latest drawing yet. Some of you were able to see it in person at AT4.

Clicky for larger version.

It is companion piece to the drawing I did for AT3.

Enjoy! But please do not repost it without my permission. Thanks!

Comment

I got an email today from a dear friend I've known since we went to high school together and I thought should share the sentiments of that email. So to all the women I had the pleasure and privilege in meeting at AT4...

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~
                    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
                    So love the people who treat you right.
                    Love the ones who don't just because you can.
                    Believe everything happens for a reason
                    If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
                    If it changes your life, let it.
                    Kiss slowly.
                    Forgive quickly.
                    God never said life would be easy.
                    He just promised it would be worth it.

I am only as strong as the chocolate I eat, the hair spray I use and the friends I have.
                    To the cool women that have touched my life.. Here's to you!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      I got an email today from a dear friend I've known since we went to high school together and I thought should share the sentiments of that email. So to all the women I had the pleasure and privilege in meeting at AT4...

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~
                      "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Kiss slowly.
                      Forgive quickly.

I am only as strong as the chocolate I eat, the hair spray I use and the friends I have.
                      Very nice!!

Comment

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Kiss slowly.
                        Forgive quickly.

We should all take that to heart.

Comment

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Kiss slowly.
                          Forgive quickly.

Amen to that! Very nice!!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Kiss slowly.
                            Forgive quickly.

Very cool

I passed a woman with a hearing dog today I think the huge grin combined with my rainbow hat may have scared her slightly, but it made my day.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Don't know what it is about me and auctions but I was involved in another last night. I have an annual Christmas party with friends and the tradition is for the women to draw names and make a gift for the person whose name you've drawn. This year we broke with tradition and were to each make a batch of cookies (placed in a nice tin or a container of your own creation) and bring $20.00. Everyone's money was pooled and there was a draw, however, you put your name in the draw along with the name of the charity of your choice. The winner then was to donate the cash ($300.00) to that charity. I named Sanctuary for Kids but didn't win.

The cookies were auctioned off and everyone received a set amount of play money (Canadian Tire money for those of you who know what that is). You could also bid above the limit of your Canadian Tire money but then you had to use real cash which also went to the charity. I ended up with a couple of batches of cookies which I will give to the folks in my office.

Not a bad holiday idea. A way to get baking and help others (what the season is all about ).

Comment

Don't know what it is about me and auctions but I was involved in another last night. I have an annual Christmas party with friends and the tradition is for the women to draw names and make a gift for the person whose name you've drawn. This year we broke with tradition and were to each make a batch of cookies (placed in a nice tin or a container of your own creation) and bring $20.00. Everyone's money was pooled and there was a draw, however, you put your name in the draw along with the name of the charity of your choice. The winner then was to donate the cash ($300.00) to that charity. I named Sanctuary for Kids but didn't win.

The cookies were auctioned off and everyone received a set amount of play money (Canadian Tire money for those of you who know what that is). You could also bid above the limit of your Canadian Tire money but then you had to use real cash which also went to the charity. I ended up with a couple of batches of cookies which I will give to the folks in my office.

Not a bad holiday idea. A way to get baking and help others (what the season is all about ).
                                That sounds like a very cool tradition indeed Eh-T!
                                You do get involved in the most interesting things ... hopefully there weren't any bitter moments involving the cookies though! *hugs*
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X