No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just remember that you'll probably need to check it. Dunno if TSA will have an issue with you having boxes of blue powder in your carry on
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

67 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        just remember that you'll probably need to check it. Dunno if TSA will have an issue with you having boxes of blue powder in your carry on
        LOL - I can see it all over the news. "Passenger detained with suspect blue powder"...

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          44 days? That is really soon!
          And after reading this thread, you would think AT4 is all about the food We'll definitely go out for poffertjes for lunch. Hubby wants to join us too (cause, going out for poffertjes is not something we normally do, it really is a treat).
          I'm counting on your hubby being there...we need someone to keep us in line!! And to stand in line for us to get the food!!
          Yeah...43 days now til I board my flight....very scary!!!!!
          Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Wow, thank you so much!! At this rate I might have to bring an extra suitcase - and I only live 30 minutes away!
          You need not use AT events to get the blue jelly from me...anytime of the year, I will send...just let me know when you need some!
          Originally posted by Tal View Post
          LOL - I can see it all over the news. "Passenger detained with suspect blue powder"...
          Oh heck...don't laugh!!! I'm gonna send mine in the post before I leave Aus...along with the chocolate I have to bring coz I don't think I would be able to pack much else with the food I need to take.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

LOVE it!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Originally posted by Tal View Post
            Yeah, a rare strain of blue anthrax... Don't ask where I procured it either.

I'm taking my backpack for my travels, but I'll have a 'flight bag' to stash my pack in for the flight as it certainly will be too big to qualify as carry on. If I'm not mistaken there should be plenty of room around the 'edges' of the bag for smaller things, like my jacket and of course, the blue jelloy goodness. The boxes and packets will all stay sealed so hopefully there won't be too much questioning going through customs. In Vancouver, I brought nothing more exciting than underwear, but I was still detained and stood in line for almost two hours so here's hoping!

Comment

Just a word of advice for anyone carrying things like jello - pack it all carefully inside ziplock bags, luggage gets treated roughly and you don't want blue crystals through everything in your luggage if a packet of it "escapes"!

Comment

same for anything. put your shampoo, lotion, etc, in zip loc bags. If you have a special outfit, can't hurt to zip loc it as well to protect it from any staining.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  So, you want to give away your ticket?

Never mind. I think I know the answer.
                  Well, since AT did ask at lunch if I was going and I told her yes I can't really disappoint her now can I? As some will tell you, I am a woman of my word.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  44 days? That is really soon!

And after reading this thread, you would think AT4 is all about the food We'll definitely go out for poffertjes for lunch. Hubby wants to join us too (cause, going out for poffertjes is not something we normally do, it really is a treat).
                  It's not?

Oh, I got to meet hubby once (for all of 10 seconds )

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                  It's about something other than food!? *looks stunned...has to go for a lie down*
                  Shocking, eh?

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  They sound yummy.

I'm really excited today, because last night I booked my train to London for me and my carers.

We arrive at London Kings Cross Thursday November 12 at 3pm, we leave again Monday November 16 at 10.30am

OMG! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!

*bounce bounce bounce!*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  YAY!

Originally posted by PengYn;10575236

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"
                  Hold the phone. It's not?! What did I pay for then? I thought this was an Almond Truffle convention?[/COLOR]
                  Have we been misled?

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  You guys are such fun, I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you next year

Sadly, I've had to cancel one of my allocated tickets for SE because the person I booked it for is unable to come Darned work committments

However, the good news is that Sarai is now definitely going with me *happy dance*
                  Hope you don't come to the conclusion we are more fun online than in person.

Glad Sarai is definitely in but sorry to hear your other friend won't make it. Hopefully there will be many more Sanctuary Cons in the future and she'll get to one someday.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Hope you don't come to the conclusion we are more fun online than in person.
                    Oh I think that's unlikely, especially considering what the excitement level will be when we get to SE

I'mgoingtomeetMartinI'mgoingtomeetMartinI'mgoingtomeet...... *looks around*... I'mgoingtomeetDamianandAmandaandhopefullyChrisandRobinandRyan.... andI'mgoingtomeetMartin...........

*cough* Sorry

Glad Sarai is definitely in but sorry to hear your other friend won't make it. Hopefully there will be many more Sanctuary Cons in the future and she'll get to one someday.
                    I hope so, on both counts

Comment

I have had several tickets come available in the last couple of weeks, and the waiting list is getting pretty short. If any of you are wanting to come along to AT4 on 13th - 15th November you can join the list. You never know your luck! Contact me on [email protected]

Kay G4
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

66 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Unbelievably, I was able to get tickets to AT4 . As happy as I am, my son is even happier. He fell in love with Amanda (for his first crush he definitely chose well ) in Chicago and can't wait to see her again. I'm also very excited to see her as well as attend a GABIT event - from all that I've read, I know it will be a wonderful time.

A question, though, for you experienced AT attendees. Are there usually activities planned on Friday? I'm looking at flight schedules and was wondering, if we arrive around 8 p.m., if we would miss many events. Thanks for any advice you can share.

Besides airline tickets, I guess I should start collecting stamps and buying chocolate (a necessity for attendance, I'm assuming )
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to x stargatergirl x for the perfect sig!

Comment

Thanks for the travel tips...just one question...how long does one usually stand around in customs for??...on average that is to say.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by lisinit View Post
                              Unbelievably, I was able to get tickets to AT4 . As happy as I am, my son is even happier. He fell in love with Amanda (for his first crush he definitely chose well ) in Chicago and can't wait to see her again. I'm also very excited to see her as well as attend a GABIT event - from all that I've read, I know it will be a wonderful time.

A question, though, for you experienced AT attendees. Are there usually activities planned on Friday? I'm looking at flight schedules and was wondering, if we arrive around 8 p.m., if we would miss many events. Thanks for any advice you can share.

Besides airline tickets, I guess I should start collecting stamps and buying chocolate (a necessity for attendance, I'm assuming )
                              Yay!! Congrats So cute that your son has a crush

Here's how it was at AT3 ... The only official activity on the friday was the cocktailparty in the evening. That's for the first 90 attendees only and there's a (probably long) waitinglist, so you don't have to worry about that. The other conventionactivities start on saturdaymorning early (seriously .. early! lol). You can register fridayafternoon and saturdaymorning.

Arriving on fridayevening would be fine I'de say. Lots of people do I think.

Chocolate is a must! Cause AT4 is really all about the food ... apparantly
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                I have had several tickets come available in the last couple of weeks, and the waiting list is getting pretty short. If any of you are wanting to come along to AT4 on 13th - 15th November you can join the list. You never know your luck! Contact me on [email protected]

Kay G4
                                wow...sure is tempting, I just cancelled my US trip for November - ack...... must. not. be .tempted.

Comment

Working...
                                X