GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    A bunch of us went on the tour after AT3, and it was really cool. The tour guide really knew his stuff too.
    Actually, the one we went on started at the Tower Hill tube station. The one that Neep is looking at sounds different.

This is the one we went on, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      Actually, the one we went on started at the Tower Hill tube station. The one that Neep is looking at sounds different.

This is the one we went on, I think.

I think you have the right one Antoa. PengYn would know as she was the one who looked into it for the group.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Who wants to do the Whitechapel tour with me on the Wednesday night? It's £7.00 and starts at 7pm at Aldgate East underground station. We will pepper the poor tour guide with questions about Montague John Druitt

http://www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com/
        Being that my plans are not entirely set in stone atm, I'm may be interested as well. I need to check with a friend I'll be traveling with first though to assure she's alright with it. Kinda don't want to spring a nasty surprise like walking around the streets of London in the middle of the night one her last minute. For some reason, I fear she might object.

Comment

Who wants to do the Whitechapel tour with me on the Wednesday night? It's £7.00 and starts at 7pm at Aldgate East underground station. We will pepper the poor tour guide with questions about Montague John Druitt

http://www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com/
          Oooo, 'cause it won't be cold enough in November during the daytime we should be wandering about at night!

I haven't booked any flights yet so I'm not sure when I'm arriving. If I'm there by then I would be interested but I'll have to add myself on later if you're booking next week.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Oooo, 'cause it won't be cold enough in November during the daytime we should be wandering about at night!
            I haven't booked any flights yet so I'm not sure when I'm arriving. If I'm there by then I would be interested but I'll have to add myself on later if you're booking next week.
            Ok...so here's a question...how cold is it in London around that time of year??? In Celsius please so I have a better idea. Should I be packing thermals???
            And while I'm at it...what's the current temps like in Vancouver this time of the year? I heard Damien Kindler complaining about the heat
            Spoiler:
            from Twitter: "Krappy karma day. Bad moods abound. I'm cranky. Have no excuse except the heat and the mounting pile of things that need doing. Onward."
            and I was wondering if I was misreading something...according to the weather online in Vancouver, it's 20 - 25C over there...where's the heat???
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Ok...so here's a question...how cold is it in London around that time of year??? In Celsius please so I have a better idea. Should I be packing thermals???
              And while I'm at it...what's the current temps like in Vancouver this time of the year? I heard Damien Kindler complaining about the heat
              Spoiler:
              from Twitter: "Krappy karma day. Bad moods abound. I'm cranky. Have no excuse except the heat and the mounting pile of things that need doing. Onward."
              and I was wondering if I was misreading something...according to the weather online in Vancouver, it's 20 - 25C over there...where's the heat???
              Pssst, Chelle... some parts of the world think 25C is hot
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Pssst, Chelle... some parts of the world think 25C is hot
                Really??
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Really??
                    Yes Chelle.....just like cold is relative to what your used to. RoX was under the impression that 15 C was cold; no worries Mandy and I straighten her out .
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, I learned a couple of summers ago heat and cold are relative. Before then, I thought 35C and 99% humidity was unbearably hot. Until I saw 48C and 99% humidity. After that 35C seemed kind of nice. A month later I was outside and the breeze felt a little cool and I wanted a sweater. I looked at the thermometer and it was 28C!!!! All of this after growing up with negative degrees in the winter and never feeling cold. OY!

For me it is the damp, rainy 2-4C days that just go through my bones. Give me a dry -10 or -20 C any day over that dampness.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Hehe ... well, if Chelle is in, I guess I'm in too
                        Oh hey! I forgot to ask...is it just you or weren't you travelling with Flow?? You want Nep to just add you to the list or you plus one??
                        Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                        Yes Chelle.....just like cold is relative to what your used to. RoX was under the impression that 15 C was cold; no worries Mandy and I straighten her out .
                        That's because RoX lives north of the border. 15C is not cold...cool maybe, chilly even, but not cold. My idea of cold is anything under 10C...5C is cold...but not freezing!
                        It's gonna drop down to 7C tonight here in Melbourne...that should probably bring the temps here where I am down around the 5C mark...and probably down to 0C where hubby and the boys are camping!!! I wouldn't be at all surprised if hubby gets his wish and it snows while they're camping this weekend! Me...I have the ducted heating!! Yay!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

According to this site:

http://www.holiday-weather.com/london/averages/

London averages 4C (39F) for a low and 10C (50F) for a high in November.

Comment

Oh hey! I forgot to ask...is it just you or weren't you travelling with Flow?? You want Nep to just add you to the list or you plus one??
                            Flow doesn't know yet when she will go to London. She would like to do some travels with us, but she just doesn't know yet. So, if she is there she will have to book later, like EH-T.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              It was in the high 20s in Vancouver yesterday. For Vancouver in the spring that is hot (and I am jealous).

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              Yes, I learned a couple of summers ago heat and cold are relative. Before then, I thought 35C and 99% humidity was unbearably hot. Until I saw 48C and 99% humidity. After that 35C seemed kind of nice. A month later I was outside and the breeze felt a little cool and I wanted a sweater. I looked at the thermometer and it was 28C!!!! All of this after growing up with negative degrees in the winter and never feeling cold. OY!

For me it is the damp, rainy 2-4C days that just go through my bones. Give me a dry -10 or -20 C any day over that dampness.

That's because RoX lives north of the border. 15C is not cold...cool maybe, chilly even, but not cold. My idea of cold is anything under 10C...5C is cold...but not freezing!
                              It's gonna drop down to 7C tonight here in Melbourne...that should probably bring the temps here where I am down around the 5C mark...and probably down to 0C where hubby and the boys are camping!!! I wouldn't be at all surprised if hubby gets his wish and it snows while they're camping this weekend! Me...I have the ducted heating!! Yay!!
                              HA! I laugh at your concept of cold! Try walking home in -45C (although pretty much the same in F ... and we do occasionally say "F" when it's that cold ). That I can dress for but it is the damp that gets to me. Hence the "what the heck am I thinking going to London in November".

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post

I don't have anything other than my ticket and my roomie dealt with (and I mean that in the most lovingly innocent fashion, I swear! *hugs to roomie*) ... erm ... right.

PS: AT rox
                                Lol, I know what you meant.... *hugs*
                                sigpic
                                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Working...
                                X