No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no email *is worry now* we definitely registered I tired to use the email us link on the GABIT website but its not working

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Don't worry Julia, you're not alone!
      I'm sure the GABIT team will get to us as soon as they can
      ...silly technical glitches causing irksomeness...
      *hugs*
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I've emailed the ask G4 addy, so hopefully Mumsey will see it

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
          Don't worry Julia, you're not alone!
          I'm sure the GABIT team will get to us as soon as they can
          ...silly technical glitches causing irksomeness...
          *hugs*
          *Hugs* did you not get an email either Ames?

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic

Comment

My bank has introduced international transfers to online banking since last time, so I will be fine I think.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Nope Julia, still having my hopes dashed everytime I see someone post that they've got theirs and my inbox remains empty. Sigh... but on the GABITEvents forum, Mumsey said to give it a day, so that means no panicking for at least another 12 hours!
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Don't panic if an email has not arrived as of yet...if you were successful in the initial application then just give the Gabit team time to fix the glitch or two...remember there are 2 weeks to make the payment...no stressing...we're Gabiteers - we can handle anything!!
                I remember being in a similar situation when I registered for AT4...Julia & Mumsey were so patient and extremely helpful & reassuring that I managed to get some sleep before work that very morning...even if I was feeling so excited & scared all at the same time.
                Just trust the G4 to get it done. xo
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi guys sorry for the confusion and any upset. I Managed to "send" everything very efficently yesterday afternoon. I was so quick and slick I triggered some kind of ant spamming mesure and half the e-mails ( randomly I might add) have just disappeared intot he ether. I suspect over the next few days you will recive two or even three copies of the same mail.... sorry.

I will have to be LESS efficient next time and send them out more slowly. Just a note too. These e-mails and eventually your e-tickets will be sent from tickets @ gabitevents.com. add that to your safe senders and that might help.

Please direct any correspondance to the usual registration address.

Julia, can you let Julia H know which e-mail address on the website isn't working so she can ask the webmaster to fix it. She is on her way back from a trip but if you tweet her on the gabit addy she will pick it up.

Hugs Becks

Comment

Seating in the main hall was determined by when you pre-regged. Waiting list for weekend tickets is in the order people applied for tickets. Cocktail party allocations were done by lottery and the waiting list was also formed by lottery.

If people drop out we will just move the seating forwards of those remaining. New people do not just fill up the spaces of drop outs they join at the back.
                    At the end of Jan I will start the charms project at that time I will start taking seating requests for tables at the cocktail party. These will need to be in at the end of the first week of march. Tables of nine or near nine will get priority.

The hotel booking code will be sent out with the recipts of payments or soon after. We do have a negotiated rate with the hotel of:
                    £95 per room per night double/ twin including breakfast and 85 per room per night single occupancy including breakfast. The hotel does not have any triple rooms. If you want one bed for two people ask for a double, if you want two beds ask for a twin.

Disabled access rooms are avaiable. please note the hotel no longer has "dog" or pet rooms for the public, but does still allow assistance dogs.

Any other questions just shout
                    Best Becks

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      One thing to consider....for my bank for international stuff they have to contact a partner bank in kansas city....same thing if I need to get foreign money. They literally don't have it. Also, tomorrow is a holiday, so no banks will be open. Same with martin Luther King day.
                      Some of your post offices don't keep international stamps either. I wanted to post a card from a little town somewhere in Kansas, some years ago now, and they didn't have those stamps as they didn't get asked for them... Had to wait until we got to Kansas City.

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Yep. And I doubt Kansas is alone. I think 60% or more of the american population doesn't have a passport, can't even go to canada now without one.

My post office does have international stamps, but my bank doesn't have foreign money. And if folks send me even a foreign money order, they have to send it to KC, they can't handle it. Kansas City only has what it has because it's got the international airport etc. I bet the next closest place for me would be Omaha, Tulsa or Denver.

Just the joys of living almost a thousand miles from the nearest border
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

International stamps???? When I send letters or packages overseas I just put on regular old USA stamps (postage); usually around $1.00 US for a letter. Haven't got anything back. Half the time the post office guys weigh the package (letter) so I'm sure it has the right postage.

I get foreign currency whenever I travel. I just order it from my bank, which was bought out by a Canadian bank, and they have it sent up from Chicago. Takes a day or so.

I also have not heard and will give it until tomorrow. I'm not worried. I already checked with the bank about the transfer they said it would cost about $30-40 US dollars; could be worse. That's the same fee I paid the last time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Julia, can you let Julia H know which e-mail address on the website isn't working so she can ask the webmaster to fix it. She is on her way back from a trip but if you tweet her on the gabit addy she will pick it up.

Hugs Becks
                            I'm still on vacation in the middle of a forest (with the webmaster). Not due home until the weekend.
                            Someone texted me and gave me the heads up about this post so have taken my iPad to a wifi spot to answer and clarify.

Julia, you emailed asktheG4 and that is fine. The contact us button on our website purely inputs that addy into your email programme. It is working fine as is [email protected]. Both these emails are controlled by the website and webmaster and these emails are seen by three directors, so are usually answered quickly. The registration.com & tickets email addies are run off the registration system and not connected to the website or webmaster but run by registration.

Hopefully the problems caused by the technical hitch which registration encountered yesterday are now over and everyone whose email went astray has had a duplicate sent by mumsey or becky in reg where it is being controlled.

I am getting twitter on my iPhone sporadically so am answering the gabit enquiries there when I'm able but the email addies are better for queries about reg problems as the system is not controlled or can be influenced by me even if I were at home.
                            Hope that clarifies things.

Back to the forest for my mini break!

Julia
                            G4
                            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

No payment email yet.

Posted on the other Gabit forum and tweeted you lovely folks about this, but I've tried to email you at the [email protected] and the [email protected] accounts about this and both emails were returned to me.

My email is working fine as I've been getting mail all day and tested it as well by sending out an 'experimental' email to my friend to make sure it's working in that way as well. Havent had any problems except with the two emails I tried to send you.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                No payment email yet.

Posted on the other Gabit forum and tweeted you lovely folks about this, but I've tried to email you at the [email protected] and the [email protected] accounts about this and both emails were returned to me.

My email is working fine as I've been getting mail all day and tested it as well by sending out an 'experimental' email to my friend to make sure it's working in that way as well. Havent had any problems except with the two emails I tried to send you.
                                I think I have now broken the reg addy too. I am getting errors on some things too. The techy peeps are on the case.

Mean time I will try and send from my personal account.

Hugs Becks

Comment

Working...
                                X