Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post
    ***hugs*** to Titta
    Thank you TPTB (and my dad, of course, who pays for it!) that we have TMN-on-demand, so I can watch it later on! Speaking of which, I'm two eps behind ... must rectify that situation sooner rather than later.... (I know, BAD ames.... *head down and shoots puppy-dawg eyes at all y'all*)
    Bad Ames.....but the puppy dog eyes are irresistible....I'm fighting the urge to pat you on the head and feed you a treat...
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

So that's where that thing went! Wait -- you had room for a pocket in that dress??? I'm impressed
      Strapped to the inside of my leg ala Lara Croft.
      sigpic

Comment

318 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Happy hols to all my fellow Gabiteers!!!!

Good news: ames will have lots more time to catch up on Sanctuary and Stargate and generally play on GW again
          Bad news: reason being ames is once again officially unemployed

That being said, ames is highly stubborn, and refuses to let a little thing like lacking a regular paycheck keep her from visiting the UK at the appropriate time! Let's face it - I was between jobs for AT3 as well ... although perhaps that's a tradition I'd best not repeat for future events, eh? LOL!

*snip*
          Good luck with the moving.... wait, I think you've already moved.... If you're in the process of moving, I hope it all went well and if you've already moved, then I hope it went well!!!
          There's still a lot of time before the con, so hopefully the job-gods shine down on you.... that sounded wayyyy goofy... I appologize....

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Yes the cocktail party was fun...and your cleavage managed to make it's way on the net

It's understandable giving up a charmed pass for those reasons...and at least you managed to go the one at AT3...and had some wacky wonderful people at your table

This is kinda a goofy question.... but what does one wear to the Cocktail party....I doubt with my super-handicapped computer that I will actually get one, but in the event that a miracle happens..... *appologizes for the rambling* I know that the website says dressy, I was just wondering how dressy....
          like nice jacket dressy, or little black dressy?
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

The range last year was all the way from business to little black dress. Basically it's just no jeans and tee shirts - make an effort to look nice type of dress.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
              I know that the website says dressy, I was just wondering how dressy....
              like nice jacket dressy, or little black dressy?
              The cockail party is a "formal" affair so the dress code is smart to formal.

As Antoa says very smart business to ball gowns will all fit in. Alot of people love to "dress up" for parties and we so rarely get the chance these days so here's one!!! break out that fancy dress or posh frock. Just for the sake of international clarity... I do not mean in fancy dress- costume- dress up - I mean, cocktail dresses and dinner jackets...

Ladies, you don't have to wear a dress though, smart trouser ( pant) suits are fine but it's not a "casual" dress affair. The reat of the event is, but the cocktail party isn't.

Best Becks

Comment

I would really like another opportunity to wear my Christmasdress again

EDIT: those snowflakes on the gabitsite are ... like insane lol ...try looking at them for a while hehe
                Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 30 December 2008, 08:58 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

if you work in an office, what you'd wear to a meeting works, slacks, dress shoes, nice blouse

or what you'd wear to a party or a wedding...that kind of 'dress up'

the first cocktail party i wore slacks and a satiny shirt, the last one an Indian outfit, just something nice and pretty
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Back when ticket sales were announce I asked about the fields for inputting the address - whether they were one line at a time or just one giant field (since foreign addresses are always different). Did we ever get a clarification on this?

Also, it was deemed that nothing could be done about the disadvantage of buying for multiple people, right? Since it take longer to enter the info, and your spot in line isn't confirmed until everything is entered, so your chances of getting a charmed pass are reduced with every additional person in your group.

I will definitely be copying and pasting Pakakareki (or however you spell it). Kiwi's and their crazy towns.

Just wanting to get the bits tied up for Saturday morning.

Comment

I can steal my dad's shoes, but I don't own any formal wear so I need to get stuff. Am I going to need a jacket and/or tie?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                        I can steal my dad's shoes, but I don't own any formal wear so I need to get stuff. Am I going to need a jacket and/or tie?
                        You don't need a jacket per se but you do need a tie. (or bow tie!)
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                          I can steal my dad's shoes, but I don't own any formal wear. Am I going to need a jacket and/or tie?
                          Yes, you'll need a jacket and tie. You must look your best for Amanda!
                          sigpic

Comment

Tie for sure Falcon. Check out the gabit site FAQ.

And Antoa ... I too hope for 1 big field, it's always so difficult to figure out where to put stuff, cause it's different everywhere.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                              Back when ticket sales were announce I asked about the fields for inputting the address - whether they were one line at a time or just one giant field (since foreign addresses are always different). Did we ever get a clarification on this?

Also, it was deemed that nothing could be done about the disadvantage of buying for multiple people, right? Since it take longer to enter the info, and your spot in line isn't confirmed until everything is entered, so your chances of getting a charmed pass are reduced with every additional person in your group.

I will definitely be copying and pasting Pakakareki (or however you spell it). Kiwi's and their crazy towns.

Just wanting to get the bits tied up for Saturday morning.
                              I'm going to acquiesce to Becky or Kay to answer these Reg questions. Not my field of expertise, although I know a little, but they know more.

To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

OK seriously, when we are able to register, those snowflakes will be gone right? You can't expect us to not make mistakes with them flying around lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X