No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The York dungeon is a little grizzly, though, might scare Kallesta a bit. There's plenty of interesting history, though and walking the old city walls is great fun The last time I went to York was a staff outing for the teachers at my school in Germany, hehehe.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      < snippity doo dah >
      (My goodness. Bev’ll be proud of me and all these tech terms I’ve managed to use in one paragraph!)
      *wipes tear from her eye* I proudly present you with the 'Sam Award' for technobabbling above and beyond the call of duty...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        ForeverSG1, York is a good place to go, perhaps. You could go up the east coast train route and take in York on your way to Scotland. It's good for the historical stuff for you chap, and an advantage is that because it's the classic medieval-shaped city everything you want to see and do is very close together (i.e. inside the confines of the medieval walls).

Some attractions:

The Hole in the Wall had good Yorkshire food the last time I was there:
        http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs..._the_Wall/York

York also has the York Dungeon, which is a very tourisity thing and more for the kids but good for a laugh. York has a nice ambience and plenty of Bed & Breakfasts to stay in. The general sitting around in pubs stuff is good, and old streets like the Shambles are great for browsing.

Examples of other historic cities with train stations are Norwich, Lincoln, Chester, Carlisle.

If your chap's into castles, he could look at Northumbria's various offerings before going into Scotland. Or go right in the other direction and check out Edward I's monstrosities in Wales - out of the way though.

You might find these links useful in general:
        http://www.ukattraction.com
        http://www.tourist-information-uk.com/
        York is some were i've always wanted to go

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          The York dungeon is a little grizzly, though, might scare Kallesta a bit. There's plenty of interesting history, though and walking the old city walls is great fun The last time I went to York was a staff outing for the teachers at my school in Germany, hehehe.
          Thankfully I'm not bringing Kallesta to London so I don't have to worry about that. As much as she'd love meet Amanda, I think she'd drive AT and everyone else crazy with her never-ending questions. Luckily, I'm so used to her constant chatter that I've learned to tune her out at times, but I think other people may find it rather annoying after awhile.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 22 April 2006, 11:33 AM.

Comment

208 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

207 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                207 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Rune

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!*
                  *SSSQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE!*

(Edited to add: Omigoodness... In a week it'll be 200 days.... that's not too long now is it????!)
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

*SSSQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE!*

(Edited to add: Omigoodness... In a week it'll be 200 days.... that's not too long now is it????!)
                    Isn't it amazing how 200 days seems so much less than 201.

*squee* and wait till we get to 199 days

Comment

I'm really looking forward to announcing 200 and 100

Comment

Oh shush!

Then it'll almost be like 100....

and then 99 will be like..... *...imagining what it'll be like when it's that close*
                        Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 23 April 2006, 09:43 AM.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          *wipes tear from her eye* I proudly present you with the 'Sam Award' for technobabbling above and beyond the call of duty...
                          *proudly pins award to lapel*

*wipes tear from eye & offers Bev a tissue*

Awww.... My first.......

Comment

Hooyeah!!

We're almost under 200 days!

I'm getting so excited!!

Singing to self...

I get to go to Ga-bit!
                            I get to go to Ga-bit!
                            I get to go to Ga-bit!

Comment

LOL! Hmmm..... maybe we should have a mini-party for T-minus 200????

*grins* And you'll never guess what I just found in my mother's junk... *coughs* STUFF..... A pale pink feather boa!!!!! Hmmmm.... add that to that black striped see-through jacket...Hmmm.... we might just have the beginnings of a get-up...

Now how closely does customs go through one's bags????

Comment

Now how closely does customs go through one's bags????
                                Ohhhh with the finest of fine tooth combs no less.

Especially if someone were to accidentally inform them you were coming

Comment

Working...
                                X