No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avalon was thanksgiving weekend 2006. I had thanksgiving in Wells and dinner was frozen pizza

it was worth it
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      avalon was thanksgiving weekend 2006. I had thanksgiving in Wells and dinner was frozen pizza

it was worth it
      LOL...yeah, I guess in the grand scheme of things the turkey/dressing would pale in comparison to what you were getting instead.

And I dont mean the pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        Ok...I was checking the Creation site and Amanda is doing 3 Creation events in 2009: SG1/Atlantis Con in April(Vancouver), Grand Slam Summit in May(Los Angeles), and SG1/Atlantis con in August(Chicago). Any guess when she may do AT4?
        Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Ooh..she's gonna be in Chicago? *plots* Might have to fit that con into my plans for next year. Being only bout 45 min away how can I resist? Yay! More Amanda!

Hopefully she'll still do AT4!! At least we know the months of April, May and August are out for dates. I'm still thinking it will be either September or October yet. *crosses fingers*
        Ha! I wondered how long it would take for the speculation to begin again.

Amanda is going to be very busy in 2009. I'm already planning to come to AT4 as long as it does not conflict with other commitments and I've bought a ticket for the April event in Vancouver. Funny thing is, Chicago is actually closer to me. Seems like 2009 will be busy for me as well.

Hey Mumsey, how were the skeeters?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
          I'm sure we have already had one big event on thanksgiving, but I can't remember which one it was. Was it AT1, 2 or Avalon?
          Yup. It was the Thursday before Avalon. We went to Stonehenge and had dinner in Bristol at an Indian restaurant. Can't find Turkey and dressing in the UK.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Ha! I wondered how long it would take for the speculation to begin again.

Amanda is going to be very busy in 2009. I'm already planning to come to AT4 as long as it does not conflict with other commitments and I've bought a ticket for the April event in Vancouver. Funny thing is, Chicago is actually closer to me. Seems like 2009 will be busy for me as well.

We already ordered tickets for Chicago, have gone every year since it started. That will have to be our 2009 AT fix. Can't do England again so soon.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Fortunately we didn't encounter any. The train was air conditioned and so somewhat sealed against the outside world, and we didn't get the opportunities to get off that we should have done because it was running so late. Those stations came and went while we were sleeping. We only got out for a while at Edmonton, and it was very warm there, but not near any standing water, so the pesky little critters weren't around.

So with Vancouver being mostly wet while we were exploring, I was lucky to get away with it.

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, AT2 was the weekend before Thanksgiving, November 2006. I was in Burbank at a Creation con that weekend. Avalon was the following weekend, over Thanksgiving.
              Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                Yup. It was the Thursday before Avalon. We went to Stonehenge and had dinner in Bristol at an Indian restaurant. Can't find Turkey and dressing in the UK.
                Turkey is more widely available all year round now in the supermarkets, but it is a meat we associate only really with christmas, so you don't really get it in pubs and restaurants.
                sigpic

Comment

see, we were going for AT2 only, then when avalon was announced, and jsut the next week....dude, could NOT Pass that up. so plans were changed and we got extra sightseeing and took in both cons.

I do think AT2 was a wee bit better than Avalon, simply because - as beautiful as Wells was - there was just nothing to do in the town, no TV, it was impossible to get into contact with anyone, so you felt pretty cut off, especially if you were a yank and had no transportation to go anywhere.

the con was okay, but the location, while beautiful, simply was not tourist friendly

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    We already ordered tickets for Chicago, have gone every year since it started. That will have to be our 2009 AT fix. Can't do England again so soon.
                    I'll probably be ordering my ticket(s) (depending if I'm dragging a friend along) by next week some time for the Chi-con. It's too close for me to pass up, especially if Amanda is headlining it. Would be cool to meet up with you at some point during that weekend.

My "fixes" next year will be this con, AT4 and hopefully Gatecon if they do another. Guess I'm totally hooked...hehe.

Comment

Lol Cel. You are so hooked

I'll be doing Vancouver Creation and hopefully AT4, depending on when it is.

And if there's ever another Avalon (and Thomasina did say there would be, someday ) I would hope it's not so close to the AT event (if there's also another one of that lol). It's more fun to have 2 seperate things to look forward to. Although I guess travelwise it would be cheaper to have them so close together. Mmmm.
                      Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 03 September 2008, 10:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
                      sigpic

Comment

well, from the pov of a yank, one airfare was better than two, and had avalon been, say a month later (we'll ignore that that would have been christmas) i wouldn't have been able to go.

the main reason i could do AT2 AND avalon was because they were a week apart so i had only one flight to pay for

Not that they can necessarily coordinate that stuff. I"m sure they can't. Carmage and Gabit are two separate - if co-working - entities.

However, i do think it was easier and cheaper for Amanda as well. since she too just had one flight to worry about. (she doesn't pay her air fare i don't believe, traditionally the convention pays the actor's expenses...but i'm sure it helped out the bottom line of both cons to pay for only one trip than to each pay for one)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          Lol Cel. You are so hooked

I'll be doing Vancouver Creation and hopefully AT4, depending on when it is.

And if there's ever another Avalon (and Thomasina did say there would be, someday ) I would hope it's not so close to the AT event (if there's also another one of that lol). It's more fun to have 2 seperate things to look forward to. Although I guess travelwise it would be cheaper to have them so close together. Mmmm.
                          Ooh..another Avalon? Now that would be something not to miss! *dreams*

Comment

I'd be torn, since I won't be able to take off more than 5 days for England this time. I'll be flying out Wed, as before, getting there Thursday, and leaving Tues. Monday will be my venture (OUR venture...right gals?) to Stone Henge.
                            Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              If they do another Avalon at or around the time of AT4...I should be able to do it...I just need time and dates. But I won't hold my breath for that to happen!!
                              Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                              I'd be torn, since I won't be able to take off more than 5 days for England this time. I'll be flying out Wed, as before, getting there Thursday, and leaving Tues. Monday will be my venture (OUR venture...right gals?) to Stone Henge.
                              Yeah sure ya betcha!!!!!
                              Seeings how I'll be in the area anyways...I'm not sure when I'll get to the UK yet...hopefully on the Wednesday.
                              Jenni...I thought it was better to do the touristy things before the weekend with Amanda...any way you can make it there say a day earlier???
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                                Hmmmmm........ this sounds scarily like my trip to San Diego, LOL.

As for Stonehenge... I really hope that week is half term or some sort of holiday for me, because I would love to go with you all to Salisbury. I used to work about a ten minute drive from Stonehenge (just outside Salisbury) and popped up to the henge every so often.

Down side being I'd see all my ex pupils there. LOL.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X