GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I was just on the Sanctuary thread and a poster mentioned she is collecting favourite phrases from Sanctuary including "a few cups short of a tea service" and "cheeky monkey".

I have a lovely souvenir from AT3 which is a button with the Sam saying "What's a girl to do?". I'm hoping the AT4 buttons (if this is a regular thing) will include Helen-speak.
    Helen speak?? Oh boy! My hubby picks on me with the way I talk...because unfortunately I use terms such as "pray tell" and "per se" and "cheeky monkey"...I was kinda stumped when Helen used that "cheeky monkey" thing...I think I've used that term since I was a kiddling myself...which is a long long time!!!
    I hope that they have a plethora of buttons with Helen and Sam sayings on them...I love buttons!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
        Button quotes are sues department... I only do writing on quilts

I prefer the phrase a few saucers short of a tea service... you can still drink, just a little less tidily and a little more uncouth

Becks
        Speaking of which, any special plans for next year?

And I didnt pick up any of the button last year, simply cos I didnt know what to do with them later. I'm simple and probably a bit weirder than most. I hate knickknacks and whatnot cos they dont serve a good purpose to me. Plus I hate dusting so I just do without. The buttons were cute and I pawed through the basket giggling at many of the quotes, but I didnt end up buying any. I put my money to good use on other things for sale there though.

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
          Button quotes are sues department... I only do writing on quilts

I prefer the phrase a few saucers short of a tea service... you can still drink, just a little less tidily and a little more uncouth

Becks

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Helen speak?? Oh boy! My hubby picks on me with the way I talk...because unfortunately I use terms such as "pray tell" and "per se" and "cheeky monkey"...I was kinda stumped when Helen used that "cheeky monkey" thing...I think I've used that term since I was a kiddling myself...which is a long long time!!!
          I hope that they have a plethora of buttons with Helen and Sam sayings on them...I love buttons!!
          Cheeky monkey is my favourite new saying.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Speaking of which, any special plans for next year?

And I didnt pick up any of the button last year, simply cos I didnt know what to do with them later. I'm simple and probably a bit weirder than most. I hate knickknacks and whatnot cos they dont serve a good purpose to me. Plus I hate dusting so I just do without. The buttons were cute and I pawed through the basket giggling at many of the quotes, but I didnt end up buying any. I put my money to good use on other things for sale there though.
          You'll have to ask Ames about what to do with them later, she bought a whole whack of them! I'm not really a collector of things so I only bought one. Attached it to my fanny pack where it still resides.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

You'll have to ask Ames about what to do with them later, she bought a whole whack of them! I'm not really a collector of things so I only bought one. Attached it to my fanny pack where it still resides.
            I think I bought four. They adorn various hats, backpacks and bags at the moment and are always fun to explain *g*
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I was just on the Sanctuary thread and a poster mentioned she is collecting favourite phrases from Sanctuary including "a few cups short of a tea service" and "cheeky monkey".

I have a lovely souvenir from AT3 which is a button with the Sam saying "What's a girl to do?". I'm hoping the AT4 buttons (if this is a regular thing) will include Helen-speak.
              Helen buttons would be cool! I have a few Sam ones from AT3 I kept mind on my lanyard and its hung on the wall beside all my other GABIT stuff.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                ...I was kinda stumped when Helen used that "cheeky monkey" thing...I think I've used that term since I was a kiddling myself...which is a long long time!!!
                I was quite surprised when much was made of Jack's "Fer cryin' out loud!" That's something I've been saying since forever. In fact I think I picked it up from my dad.

Mumsey
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Comment

Cheeky monkey is my favourite new saying.
                    Well it used to be one of my sayings but I'm going to try to not say it now...my newest saying is "oh bummer"...which when you say it sounds like Obama...yeah...I'm trying to get rid of that one too...I'm running out of sayings that are me and not interpreted as someone else...bummer!
                    Might go back to the old..."bugger"!
                    Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    I was quite surprised when much was made of Jack's "Fer cryin' out loud!" That's something I've been saying since forever. In fact I think I picked it up from my dad.
                    Mumsey
                    I know what you mean! I remember that from since I can remember. My dad used to say it...with his German accent...and just about everyone I knew said it. Then a few years back there was this contestant on Big Brother that said it all the time...and she was as rough as they come...so I rarely say it now...except in here on the odd occasion...except i use the abbreviations FCOL...and stupid thing is this...sometimes when actually speaking I'll say the abbreviations as well...like LOL or ROFLMAO (rofflemayo) I blame my teenager for that one!

I just noticed that in 10 months 3 weeks and 2 days...I'm going to meet Amanda!! Yay!! Then soon after that...it's AT4!!! Holy mackerel!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

not long then
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm seeing lots of fabulous sale prices from Canada to London. Sadly, they are all for travel well before next November.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ohhh .. the new intro to the site is so pretty
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X