GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post
    So Kliggy, are you planning on coming to AT4? I guarantee you'll see me in a kilt
    Well now see, I don't have to go, because I've already seen you in a kilt
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Well now see, I don't have to go, because I've already seen you in a kilt
      And you saw this when, and where, and why, and how?

*whistles* Stirring the pot? Not I!
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        And you saw this when, and where, and why, and how?

*whistles* Stirring the pot? Not I!
        Um, I think it was after a party(no I hadn't been drinking) ...in the main lobby...there was a small group of people (one wearing a kilt ) and with my eyes

there answered in order
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Two words...

Cocktail Party.

Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post
            So Kliggy, are you planning on coming to AT4? I guarantee you'll see me in a kilt
            I have already seen a picture of you in a kilt and you look very nice, but I am hoping to see it in person. I am doing my best to see that I make it to AT4.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought I'd just pop in and say that one day/year, I'm hopeful to join in on the fun (maybe when the US economy doesn't totally suck? *shrugs shoulders* ).

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                Are you replying to me?

I didn't say they were all mine.
                d'oh, i is a moron
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

umm... is there a date set for AT 4 yet? I don't know how I got it in my head that it might be in spring... Now I can't find any info about it.
                  No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.

-Helen Keller

Comment

Nope, not yet.
                    Jenni

Comment

You know what would be cool...a date for when we get the date to AT4!!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                        I thought I'd just pop in and say that one day/year, I'm hopeful to join in on the fun (maybe when the US economy doesn't totally suck? *shrugs shoulders* ).
                        Heh...I think the US economy will always suck.

My advice? Get that jar and start filling it up pronto with Christmas money, birthday money, spare change, whatever!! If you wait for things to change here and the dollar to actually be worth something, you'll never go!

When I went last year, honestly the biggest expense was the ticket(s) and airfare. I didnt spend as much as I thought I would on food and there isnt too much to see in the area being that the Ren is next to the airport.

If you can save and first buy your ticket to the event then you'll be fine. Airfare can be bought later as the date narrows. Usually there's a good 6 months in between the announcement/ticket sales and the actual event happening so this way its very possible of a thing to do. Lots of peeps do it anyways so you wont be alone.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        Hmm...When was the date released for AT3 last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          lolol. Anything for a countdown Chelle?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Heh...I think the US economy will always suck.

My advice? Get that jar and start filling it up pronto with Christmas money, birthday money, spare change, whatever!! If you wait for things to change here and the dollar to actually be worth something, you'll never go!

When I went last year, honestly the biggest expense was the ticket(s) and airfare. I didnt spend as much as I thought I would on food and there isnt too much to see in the area being that the Ren is next to the airport.
                            What? Waddaya mean nothing to see? It's right next to the airport as in "next to the runway". In case you didn't notice, people pay to stay at the hotel and watch planes land and take off!
                            No kidding, they have the "plane spotter special" at weekends.
                            It includes two nights and exclusive entry to the plane spotter lounge - or whatever it is called - a huge room with a panoramic view of the runway.
                            Let's just say that the price was kind of scary, the Gabit discount is a *very* good deal.

AT AT1 and 2 I had a room on the same side of the hotel and we saw a bunch of spotters bbq-ing on the parking lot, watching for new and exciting planes.

Anyway, not much to see is relative. You can get into a huge adventure just by crossing the street to go to the gas station.
                            Well, it's an adventure for anyone who is used to driving on the right side of the street, consequently, I keep looking in the wrong direction.

12 years of travelling to GB and I still can't get used to the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                              What? Waddaya mean nothing to see? It's right next to the airport as in "next to the runway". In case you didn't notice, people pay to stay at the hotel and watch planes land and take off!
                              No kidding, they have the "plane spotter special" at weekends.
                              It includes two nights and exclusive entry to the plane spotter lounge - or whatever it is called - a huge room with a panoramic view of the runway.
                              Let's just say that the price was kind of scary, the Gabit discount is a *very* good deal.

AT AT1 and 2 I had a room on the same side of the hotel and we saw a bunch of spotters bbq-ing on the parking lot, watching for new and exciting planes.

Anyway, not much to see is relative. You can get into a huge adventure just by crossing the street to go to the gas station.
                              Well, it's an adventure for anyone who is used to driving on the right side of the street, consequently, I keep looking in the wrong direction.

That's why it's painted on the street..."Look Left"
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                That's why it's painted on the street..."Look Left"
                                Yeah, and I am ever so thankful for that!
                                I just have to remember to look down!

Comment

Working...
                                X