No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People have broken the 'no video' rule in the past. If you see that happening, and want to, you don't have to confront the person. You don't have to say anything to them...but if you want to, just take a note of their seat and row number and let a steward know and let the staff deal with it.

And it's the same if you see anything going wrong. Like if someone leaves their stuff in the main room....by the way, just because you have assigned seats doesn't mean it's ok to leave your stuff behind. First of all, they're not responsible for anything left unattended. Second of all it's a danger. If an abandoned suitcase can get an airport shut down, well an abandoned purse likely won't get the hotel evacuated, but it is a security risk, so please, take all your stuff with you.

And if you see someone's possessions left sitting somewhere, turn them in. There have been attendees in the past that have set down very precious items, but haven't lost those items because someone picked it up and turned it into the reg desk. Do to them what you'd like done for you.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      I am not sure what to bring, so I will probably just default back to these. They are always a hit and they are inexpensive!
      Oh yes, please! Been hoping for them to come here up north too, but now luck. M&M was just recently introduced in Sweden and are super expensive, and we only got the two sorts to pick from.
      I've also been hoping for the peanut butter cups and the penguin bars to appear here as well, but so far now luck... So yeah, kinda keeping my fingers crossed for the chocolate party

And thanks Neep for the list for 'rules'

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        You got me hooked on those yummy delights - thanks!! Beats all the M&M flavours we have which is pretty much only 3 kinds.
        We have too many kinds to count - plain, peanut, peanut butter (my fav!), almond, pretzel, coconut, dark chocolate and some 'gourmet' kinds. I am sure I missed some.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Aww, thanks for the thought Ames...will have to make a trip to your place to enjoy the sweets then eh! Perfect excuse -
        "Sorry dear, gotta go to Canada to pick up some peanut butter M&M's!...back in a month!...have fun with the kids, don't forget to feed the dog....would you like me to bring a souvenir home for you? - No Niki, I don't think I can squeeze one of those Canadian Mounties in my suitcase!!"
        I don't know if PB M&Ms are available in canada....

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

So, anyone else having people question them as to why on earth they are going to London in February?
          YES! And my answers never seems to satisfy them... I say either just a convention and it happens to be held in February or.... "Do you know Stargate?" - "Kinda, has been on TV" - "Right, so there has always been a blonde woman on the team: Amanda! I'm meeting her there at her own convention." - Oooookay.. o.O

FRUSTRATING!

Comment

it takes too long to explain and they usually don't really care , so i just say it's a charity event and that's when it was scheduled for. that usually satisfies their curiosity.
            of to see the travel lady now and lay in stone all these plans i've made. gosh i hope i got it all straight.

Comment

"heeland coos"

So, anyone else having people question them as to why on earth they are going to London in February?
              I gave up trying to explain. Last person that asked I told them I'm going skiing in England. They were very impressed that I would go to "Europe" to ski! I am by the lack of geography that Americans don't know.
              sigpic

Comment

I just usually explain that I'm not much of a sit-on-a-beach kind of person and since I will spend most of the time indoors (museums and such) it matters not what the weather. Besides, it is cheaper than in high season.

To some, who know S4K because of my wristband, I explain it is for a fundraiser for them.

Perhaps we should tell people we are going early to get a good seat for the wedding.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  We have too many kinds to count - plain, peanut, peanut butter (my fav!), almond, pretzel, coconut, dark chocolate and some 'gourmet' kinds. I am sure I missed some.
                  Don't forget peanut butter and jelly M&M's....nom. I think these might be my favorite out of all the varieties I've seen/tried thus far.

I usually just tell everyone I'm going for a convention, what kind and for whom. I gave up long ago trying to explain too much in depth as for some strange reason, not too many people I know understand or know the show. Crazy.

Comment

Just realizing that I leave for London one month from today. Sooo much to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Don't forget peanut butter and jelly M&M's....nom. I think these might be my favorite out of all the varieties I've seen/tried thus far.
                      Haven't seen those around here, must have made it to this market.

And I just tell people I am going for a charity event and to meet up with my friends.

Comment

I just tell people I'm... getting on the tube.
                        sigpic

Comment

For time for me at a Con. I was wondering about the autographs, can I choose and print whatever Amanda's pictures that I like?
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

ditto...

For those with curious minds, I just say I'm doing research on Jack the Ripper..

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              I have never heard of PB&J M&Ms. Srsly?

Me too!

Oh, and I tell people why I'm going, though I generally find myself saying, "It's a sci-fi thing," and they get it. My geekery is well-known and loved amongst my non-geek friends.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                I just tell people I'm... getting on the tube.
                                LOL!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                For time for me at a Con. I was wondering about the autographs, can I choose and print whatever Amanda's pictures that I like?
                                There are rules about photos that can be signed. Best to e-mail the question to Gabit to get the proper information.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                                ditto...

For those with curious minds, I just say I'm doing research on Jack the Ripper..
                                I bet that shuts them up pretty quick!

Comment

Working...
                                X