Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    One note on another event going on.

Virtual Babyshower for Lies (samjackshipper)

Lies is within days of having her own little Samandan, so anyone that wants to participate in a virtual baby shower, please do. Bring one little thing (emphasis on ONE and LITTLE) for an infant, in the 6-12 month size - not newborn, she says she has a lot of that stuff. get it to me and I'll mail it to Lies. Please also, have your name on it or have a card attached to it so she knows what comes from whom.

Ideas are like a onesie, or little socks or a binkie.....you moms out there know those little things that you found indispensable for your own kids.

This is 100% voluntary.

At MTM i'll be the main hall boss, at SE i'll be with guest services, so i'll be around.

thanks and pass the word to anyone you think might be interested
    Do you want us NOT to wrap it then? Can I have a card? Just trying to figure this out.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      You do have to have some clothes on Jumble....nudity is not a "symbol" of being an abnormal! Fancy dress is reference to a costume. At AT4 I went with a "invisible" attibute so no one could tell and I went in my "street" clothes so don't worry, no formal gowns required. I'm still trying to think of something (anything) I can to have some sort or costume.
      Ok, now I'm starting to wonder exactly what impression you have of me

Is it too late to clean up my reputation, give out a more sweet and innocent impression? It is? But..... I've got a whole month............

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Such a pity...would have loved to have got my hands on one of those shirts...if only to support S4K.

You know I'm not sure whether to feel lucky I was never asked or sad that I wasn't asked...coz I walked into that ball and no one asked....and I wasn't even in fancy dress!!
        Ack! PM me with your size if your able before the sale starts (which is in about 4ish hours) and I'll order you one. You do remember I'll be seeing you shortly afterward.

I think I was only asked because I was early. Probably after so many people walked in, they either weren't able or got distracted. Not to worry!

Comment

Originally posted by PaganX View Post
          I'm too scared to contemplate countdowns but I am still....I feel I work better under pressure....usually

I have 7 more days to get the my contribution to the SE auction done , 15 more work days , 26 days til I head out, 27 days til ComicCon, 35 Days til Vanctuary....In between this I need to pack, finish my costume, do a HUGE house tidy for my house sitter, lavish love and afftection on my pooches, spend some time with my niece, get my hair done (having it straightened CANNOT WAIT!!), get all my paperwork in order and actually look at planning a little better my post Vanctuary Canada travels
          I'll be at Comic Con as well only I have less time than you do to get ready for Comic Con as I'm working Comic Con and I will be in SD the Monday before CC starts to get ready for preview night on Wed. Tear down the booth Sunday night leave SD the following Monday and head to Vancouver the next Thursday for the Sanctuary Con.

I'm still trying to decide what I will do for the abnormal ball this time - I'm not sure if I will be bringing a suitcase or just a carry-on so that will limit what I can do.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Do we get one more bump pic before the delivery?? Not long now at all Lies...how's the hubby going? xo
            37 weeks tomorrow ...I'll try to post another pic, if I can get the hubby to take one. I'm getting huge ... lol. Hubby is doing fine, we're slowly getting everything ready, and he's doing lots of manly baby chores
            Isn't it weird that you were actually at my house the day we took THE test? Time goes insanely fast!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Since it's getting really close, here's a little something to help you get ready

Spoiler:
            PUSH!!!

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            Thanks! I needed that.
            I really don't need that yet!!! Hehe ... don't want to think about that part Denial is my friend

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Gosh, not yet!

I have this big project planned, but don't know what colour it needs to be. Lies, what colours do you like that can go on a boy and a girl? How about dark blue- I think all babies with blue eyes look good in dark blue. Or you know... whisper in my ear what you are expecting so I can get started
            Mmm ... yellow?

Today I got a package from my good friend Sanna (2Shy) ... awwww ... little Swedish baby gifts. I feel very honored that I have friends who take the time to think of thoughtful gifts and send them across the world!

Oh, and did I show pictures of our new kitten yet? I don't think so. We got her last monday, she's a real sweetie, not afraid of anything, superactive and then *boom* suddenly exhausted ... so cute.

and she's already taken over the laptop ... lol.

I was just reading the gabit e-mail about TSE and MTM. You guys are so going to have a blast!! It all sounds wonderful. You're all going to remember all Q&A's and write long reports, right???
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              *flops* I'm tired just reading that!

Good luck getting everything done in time!

Last year at AT4, the first year they held the abby ball, I had packing restrictions (ie I was backpacking/couch surfing/hosteling for the most part across England) so I elected to not get a costume together. They do ask at the door, but I just said I had x-ray eyes which worked.

Try and do something though, no matter how simple it might seem as you'll love the experience. Some people just put glitter on their hair/face, some bought horn hairbands to wear, some fake vampire teeth, etc.. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate and could always be taken off later for the dancing if you feel it would bother you.
              I had a pair of Nubbins ears - very fetching!

Mumsey
              Girding loins for the next influx...
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Has anyone been able to buy their auto/photo tokens yet? I just lost everything in the shopping cart for the 15th time! Not enough coffee in the world for this on a Saturday morning.
                ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Yeah, their site was totally overwhelmed. I got in but it took a while and a lot of patience. On the bright side, and I prefer to look at it that way, it shows how popular the show is and how much the Sanctuary fans want autographs and photo-ops. The Paul and his Legends guys are really great and they tried to let us know what was going on so we wouldn't feel like no one knew what was happening. My hat is off to them. They'll get it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter View Post
                    Has anyone been able to buy their auto/photo tokens yet? I just lost everything in the shopping cart for the 15th time! Not enough coffee in the world for this on a Saturday morning.
                    Yes, but I got knocked off more times than I can count. Finally figured out how to get around that. I must say their prices are very fair, especially if you compare them to Creation Entertainment. Even pictures only cost $35. I want to personally thank Sanctuary, Gabit and Legends for being very fair and considerate about the charges. That is a lot more than most cons would do and way better than Creation. I have only one suggestion, (not a complaint - just an idea). Maybe next year they can offer a photo shoot with two Sanctuarians in it at one time. That would really be cool.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Do you want us NOT to wrap it then? Can I have a card? Just trying to figure this out.
                      you can wrap it if you want...but i'll either be schlepping it to the canada post or taking it home to mail...and on the customs form I do have to declare what's in the box. So if you want to wrap it, maybe stick a postit on the card telling me what it is so i can fill out the customs form right.

and certainly, please include a card.

My big thing is...don't get something that's going to take up half my suitcase or give me grief at the border
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        or give me grief at the border
                        So no placenta products then?

(eeew, ew, ew.)

*edit to add*

OK, you can get placenta lip balm. I'm going to be sick.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

yes, nothing biological that might get me busted please
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PaganX View Post
                            I'm too scared to contemplate countdowns but I am still....I feel I work better under pressure....usually

I have 7 more days to get the my contribution to the SE auction done , 15 more work days , 26 days til I head out, 27 days til ComicCon, 35 Days til Vanctuary....In between this I need to pack, finish my costume, do a HUGE house tidy for my house sitter, lavish love and afftection on my pooches, spend some time with my niece, get my hair done (having it straightened CANNOT WAIT!!), get all my paperwork in order and actually look at planning a little better my post Vanctuary Canada travels
                            i hear you. i just sent pictures to julia tonight for my auction contribution. i have to do major cleaning (especially my bedroom) since a friend will be staying here to take care of my handicapped mom and diabetic dog. i have to make sure i have enough insulin and syringes and treats,etc. (for the dog, not my mother). i planned to get a lot of stuff done the last 2 days, but we had a really bad storm wed. evening and we had a really BIG branch land on the house and several slightly smaller branches land on the roof of the porch and into the living room window(didn't break,thank God) we have a few punctures in the roof now, but the tree cutting guys pulled pieces of broken shingles over them to keep more water out. spent all thurs. raking up all the small branches and twigs that the town didn't clear away. filled 4 big garbage cans with branches. what a job. i'm very grateful that God was watching over us and no one was hurt. almost a week earlier we had another bad storm and an entire big tree fell on the car of the guy who has been our lawn maintenance guy for many years. he showed me a picture today and the whole tree(not just a branch) fell on the car and crushed the rear seats, trunk and front passenger area. thank God that he was not injured! the roof of the car was pushed down some but not enough to crush him. the same guy that cut him out of his car is the guy that cut our fallen branches off. worse storm i've ever been through. my poor dog was scared to death. so, anyways, there's lots left to do before tse, but that will just make the trip sweeter. but , you'll get it all done, so don't fret, just enjoy.
                            i just bought my photo/auto tickets from legends mem. and had no problems except it said they would be sent by mail(becky said they would be in our packets at the event) and they didn't ask for the SE ticket #. so i just sent them an email and gave them the number. don't expect any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Auction! Squirrel!
                              So are we supposed to distract you during the auction by yelling squirrel?

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              So no placenta products then?

(eeew, ew, ew.)

*edit to add*

OK, you can get placenta lip balm. I'm going to be sick.
                              EWWWWW. Why would anyone want to put that on their lips? Again, ewwwwww.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                37 weeks tomorrow ...I'll try to post another pic, if I can get the hubby to take one. I'm getting huge ... lol. Hubby is doing fine, we're slowly getting everything ready, and he's doing lots of manly baby chores
                                Isn't it weird that you were actually at my house the day we took THE test? Time goes insanely fast!

Oh, and did I show pictures of our new kitten yet? I don't think so. We got her last monday, she's a real sweetie, not afraid of anything, superactive and then *boom* suddenly exhausted ... so cute.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9913/img1096s.jpg and she's already taken over the laptop ... lol.
                                I'm not sure I would use the term weird...for me it was more like really cool and special and honoured! I was and am still extremely happy for the both of you.
                                I'm going to wait til bump is born before I go baby shopping. Though I have been sorely tempted a few times to get something but I just have to wait.
                                The kitten is gorgeous. Bet she likes the lappy coz it's warm and close to her new mum.
                                Get plenty of rest...have fun getting ready. Have you started nesting yet? I nested big time with Niki but not so much with Tom.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X