Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so y'all know....

66 days till SE!

Was gonna link ya again with the countdown with the seconds, but thought I'd spare the G4 the anxiety...for now.

Not long now though! Working on all the fun 'other' stuff that will happen that week and plotting out the days as loosely as I can. I kind of wanna do this holiday in Vangroovy by the seat of my pants, so to speak; be open for everything and anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Just so y'all know....

66 days till SE!

Was gonna link ya again with the countdown with the seconds, but thought I'd spare the G4 the anxiety...for now.

Not long now though! Working on all the fun 'other' stuff that will happen that week and plotting out the days as loosely as I can. I kind of wanna do this holiday in Vangroovy by the seat of my pants, so to speak; be open for everything and anything.
      My plans are totally up in the air at the moment. Was going to visit some relatives and now some of them are away right at that time. Trying to hook up with friends as well but one day between TSE and MTM will be booked with something else and I have no idea when I'll hear about that and until I do, I can't book anything else.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

lovely bump lies
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          Picture time Me and bump at 32 weeks! 8 weeks after the last time I posted pics. Time is going SO fast! In spoilers because it's off topic.

Spoiler:

In another 8 weeks the baby should be here
          Love the pictures especially the last one. Boy or girl, that baby is lucky to have a mother like you!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            My plans are totally up in the air at the moment. Was going to visit some relatives and now some of them are away right at that time. Trying to hook up with friends as well but one day between TSE and MTM will be booked with something else and I have no idea when I'll hear about that and until I do, I can't book anything else.
            Tell me about it!
            sigpic

Comment

my plans have changed too. i was flying to seattle and then to vanc via air canada, but now i'm thinking i'll rent a handicap van in seattle and drive to vanc. rent is cheaper in the states, and i'd love to have a vehicle handy while i'm there. since it's a coastal route, it should be scenic and it's only about 150 miles. can air tickets be cancelled? i sure hope so.

Comment

nuts, just found out my tickets are non-refundable. so much for that idea. guess i'll just rent for after tse.

Comment

Since I'm pregnant, this cat seems to be in love with me ... lol. I think I smell good. He has NO hesitations whatsoever to sit on bump, I think he's into giving babymassage

See ....
                  Spoiler:

(as you know, the BW one was put asleep one week ago today .. I'm very glad to have this picture of them! The BW one didn't like sitting on my tummy, she always sat above or below the baby, the red one ... right on top of the baby ... lol)
                  AWWWW!!! I'm so sorry you lost your kitty! I know how hard it is as over the years I've lost a few myself. In fact I try to always have one to go home to after that sad trip to the vet.

Your picture with the two kitties is adorable. And is the ginger cat a Manx or just had an unfortunate accident? I love ginger cats as I always had them growing up and they were always clowns.

Look forward too baby pictures in month or two!

Comment

Picture time Me and bump at 32 weeks! 8 weeks after the last time I posted pics. Time is going SO fast! In spoilers because it's off topic.

Spoiler:

In another 8 weeks the baby should be here
                    Aw, aww and then some more aww! You're turning me into mush here
                    And you look great!

Comment

not only are air tickets usually non-refundable, you'd have to factor in 10-15 dollars parking per day for the van.

that'd quickly eat up any savings
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        not only are air tickets usually non-refundable, you'd have to factor in 10-15 dollars parking per day for the van.

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings....if you are staying at the convention hotel it is $30/day. I'm driving and I asked.

However, still cheaper than flying and I'm less than an hour away by plane.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

actually it's $30 a day for parking, but i really would have enjoyed the drive and having the freedom to just take off at will for a little local touring between events. but, such is life and i'll have a good time anyways.

Comment

So, anyone remember how far in advance of events do we usually get the seat assignments? Is someone with actual computer skills willing to volunteer to do a seating chart?

I'm hoping for an aisle seat (outside aisle is fine with me) as I find that better for the auction.

Also wondering about the meet & greet for TSE. Wondering if we are assigned seating at tables and then the guests circulate. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hi EH-T,

Where ever you sit, it will be a nightmare for Amanda come the auction!

Re the the meet & greet for TSE. Think that you are right with the assigned seating at tables and then the guests circulate. Been to some other cons and you were lucky if you got to speak to some of the guests. Would be nice to have assigned seats and then to agree with the rest of the table to do "musical chairs" i.e. each time a guest has been to have him/her move seats, that way hopefully, everyone gets a chance to sit next to a guest.
                              Can't wait!!
                              sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                So, anyone remember how far in advance of events do we usually get the seat assignments? Is someone with actual computer skills willing to volunteer to do a seating chart?

I'm hoping for an aisle seat (outside aisle is fine with me) as I find that better for the auction.

Also wondering about the meet & greet for TSE. Wondering if we are assigned seating at tables and then the guests circulate. Thoughts anyone?
                                That would only work if we know how the chairs will be setup. You're assuming the chairs will be the same way as at AT4. However, you need to know the size of the room first. And, I think there is more people going to the SE than they allow at AT5. We need the help of an expert to tell us how the seats will be... MUMSEY opps sorry for yelling!

And if you get an aisle seat, I want to be right behind you to keep an eye on you.....

No pushing up my bids now......
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X