GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    I know this is not the kitten thread ... but wanted to share. My parents have a mommycat with 5 kittens at home right now (they sometimes take kittens in, when the local shelter is over capacity).

And to answer Dona's question: my cat has lost its tail because of an accident. He doesn't seem hindered by it at all.
    *hugs kitties* so very cute!

I was wondering if your cat was a manx too... funny how cats depend on their tail for balance but if for some reason they don't have one they seem to manage just fine without it.

Can't believe SE & MTM are getting so close, still so much to do... I don't have any plans at all for the days between the cons - what's everyone else planning?

Comment

i had a cat with a stub tail. she got along just fine
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know this is not the kitten thread ... but wanted to share. My parents have a mommycat with 5 kittens at home right now (they sometimes take kittens in, when the local shelter is over capacity). This is a pic:

*click for bigger*

There are 5 kittens there and we will get the middle one. The blue/grey/white female kitten. Her name will be "Doortje". Cute eh!?

And to answer Dona's question: my cat has lost its tail because of an accident. He doesn't seem hindered by it at all.
        Very cute..a new baby before the baby. Awwww!
        sigpic

Comment

I know this is not the kitten thread ... but wanted to share. My parents have a mommycat with 5 kittens at home right now (they sometimes take kittens in, when the local shelter is over capacity). This is a pic:
          http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/511/poesjes.th.jpg *click for bigger*
          There are 5 kittens there and we will get the middle one. The blue/grey/white female kitten. Her name will be "Doortje". Cute eh!?
          Awww...they are so cute. When I first saw the picture I picked the grey one out right away - then when I saw the striped one I was torn. I'd love to have a cat but we're a dog family - hubby doesn't like cats much so I told him that if I can't have a cat then I want a French Bulldog...in a few years when the kids move out...coz Niki's already talking about leaving the year after next. Then Tom, I'm assuming may not be too far behind. I'll be an empty nester! Holy cow that went quick.
          Originally posted by llp View Post
          Very cute..a new baby before the baby. Awwww!
          When I was 6 weeks old, my mum bought a 6 week old kitten..."Pussa"...she was born on the same day as me. She was my guardian. Wherever I went, the cat would follow. This one time mum had set me up in the playpen outside in the front yard of the flats we we're living in and I picked up the playpen and walked into the middle of the road. The cat followed me and sat beside the playpen the entire time...mum said she was always very protective of me. I was 14 when she was killed on the road. Pussa and I grew up together. She was an awesome cat. One time, one of our other cats caught our pet Love Bird and Pussa chased the cat and headbutted him so he would release the bird. Once the bird was free, Pussa went back to her spot under the verandah - she didn't want the bird, she was saving him.
          We have pictures of her eating breakfast with us and the pet rabbit - and giving our pet mice piggy backs. I reckon she was one in a million. I had a few other cats after her and the only one that came close was Pepper. She died after giving birth to her first litter too fast. I never had another cat after her. I did have a dog though - Rocky - but he got adopted out to an elderly couple. Then when hubby and I moved in together he already had Major who was about a year old. He quickly became my dog...then when Nik was born, he became her guardian.
          Kids and pets make a great combination.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
            I think this was the thread that someone said they were wanting to see moose? If not, I apologize for off topic. I think anyone would enjoy this though, even if you have seen them before. http://www.wimp.com/babymoose
            hi, i'm the moose lover on this thread. thanks for the great video. i've seen a still photo of the same thing, but the video is really great. sure hope i'll get to see some moose on the way to whistler and back after tse.

Comment

I think this was the thread that someone said they were wanting to see moose? If not, I apologize for off topic. I think anyone would enjoy this though, even if you have seen them before. http://www.wimp.com/babymoose
              That is soooo marvelous---Mama moose looks just like a human mother would look. Indulgent and protective and almost as if she'd like to play too. I love to see baby animals play together. It also gives a suggestion of the scale--how big that Mama is compared to the sprinkler and her babies. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Thank you for sharing that fantastic video

And more cute! Eee...glad you've got yours picked out.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i had a cat with a stub tail. she got along just fine
                Yeah...I spend a fair bit of time on the Isle of Man (off there tomorrow in fact, woo!) and the Manx cats do perfectly fine and are all over the place.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  I have never seen this video before but I have to say that is one of the most beautiful clips I have ever seen. That is nature at it's most best. I love how the mother watched her baby play and then nudged him/her back and then the twin came out to pay - do you know if this clip is on YT? I'd love to show my mum and my kids.
                  I did a search on YouTube and found several. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNy9jTeolUk
                  sigpic

Comment

I did a search on YouTube and found several. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNy9jTeolUk
                    Thank you - I have favourite-ed one of them...how awesome it is to live in nature. This is why I prefer the mountains to the sea...I love nature in the hills.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post

Can't believe SE & MTM are getting so close, still so much to do... I don't have any plans at all for the days between the cons - what's everyone else planning?
                      I haven't booked anything yet. I'm waiting to hear about something that will use up a day (or most of one). I also have to see if family and friends are available. If I have time available, however, I'd love to do stuff with fellow GWers.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        I haven't booked anything yet. I'm waiting to hear about something that will use up a day (or most of one). I also have to see if family and friends are available. If I have time available, however, I'd love to do stuff with fellow GWers.
                        We will have to blame Damien for that....they need to get writing!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          We will have to blame Damien for that....they need to get writing!
                          Well...you're a writer, perhaps you should have offered to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Well...you're a writer, perhaps you should have offered to help out.
                            I would do it in a JtheR flash if I was in the union.

I love writing dialog, it is the easiest part for me...... oh well, I can dream
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey, two months today and I'm in Vancouver, Vangroovy, Vanctuary!

Comment

This is totally off topic and I guess most of you haven't been following the story of little Aria so a bit of a catch up-

Aria was born unable to feed properly, so for the first 3 1/2 years of her life she was feed intravenously. Her family had to move from New Zealand to the US so she could have a quadruple organ transplant (bowel, kidneys, pancreas and liver). The bowel rejected after about 3 months and she was relisted for another transplant (and the family had to face the awful wait for another child to die so theirs might live) but not long after they got the call that some organs were available.

Now, just weeks after the second transplant Aria has received her first proper food ever! She is being fed intestinally!

http://aria.org.nz/2010/05/30/huge-news/

This is major, and I can't wait for everyone in NZ to wake up and hear the news!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X