No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I felt like I was chasing my tail a bit for awhile there.

Comment

ok, singular thread
      http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...8#post11573098
      dinner, go, discuss
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

help!!! somebody stop me!!! i'm thinking of canceling my flights to vanc. (which are non-refundable) and driving instead. which would mean many more nights of hotels and lots of gas(coming from chicago area). either that or changing the return flight and taking one more day so i could spend one night in victoria(that would add about $600-700 to my bill. i already delayed my return by 3 nights,and am renting a handicap van which is costing a lot. but i love driving trips. i hate flying. i can't afford this, please, somebody talk me out of doing this!!!!!!! there's still at5 to save for.

Comment

Flights are paid for, you are getting on that plane! You have the driving around Vanc to look forward to as well... Add up the money it would cost for hotels and gas and stick it into an account named AT5.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Look at your forum rank - you're an airman - see, you don't' really hate flying

Stick with your plans, you'll be fine, it's crazy to just throw all that money away, you could use it for AT5 or for bidding on awesome auction stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose View Post
              help!!! somebody stop me!!! i'm thinking of canceling my flights to vanc. (which are non-refundable) and driving instead. which would mean many more nights of hotels and lots of gas(coming from chicago area). either that or changing the return flight and taking one more day so i could spend one night in victoria(that would add about $600-700 to my bill. i already delayed my return by 3 nights,and am renting a handicap van which is costing a lot. but i love driving trips. i hate flying. i can't afford this, please, somebody talk me out of doing this!!!!!!! there's still at5 to save for.
              Common....you don't need us to tell you that this money could be spent going to AT5. You already realize that. Think smart. The flight may be a pain, but just get past that. Think...what would AT do. She flies all over the world just to allow fans to see and talk with her. Surely, you can fly to Vancouver to see her. Don't waste money....use it for something good....like AT5 and AT6, etc. Or give it to S4K's - they can always use it.
              sigpic

Comment

you've already made plans and they're non-refundable so stay with what you have.

vancouver will always be there, you can always go back later.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*hunts around for badge........THAT'S QUITE ENOUGH OF THAT!!!

There, did that work?

How about some good old fashioned logic? Flying is safer than driving. A penny saved is a penny earned.

Ah, got it. You need to save that money for AT5: it's another chance to see us!

My work here is done......

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

thanks all for your "interventions" . the problem is, the more i research tourism around vancouver, the more things and places i want to see and the more time i want so i'll be able to see them. i'll have to settle for what i already have time for and save the other for (gabit team don't read further) the next sanctuary event. next year maybe? however LORD WILLING< IF I'M STILL AROUND FOR THE NEXT EVENT IN VANCOUVER, I WILL BE DRIVING THERE. too much beautiful scenery between here and there. until then i will stop researching for this trip. besides that, trin is blackmailing me with seeing the area where carter's house is(on the show, not amanda's house). no more research!!!!!

by the way eh-t, my brother and sis-in-law are both attorneys and their best friend is a judge, so i'm not afraid of you...........well, maybe just a little.

Comment

thanks all for your "interventions" . the problem is, the more i research tourism around vancouver, the more things and places i want to see and the more time i want so i'll be able to see them. i'll have to settle for what i already have time for and save the other for (gabit team don't read further) the next sanctuary event. next year maybe? however LORD WILLING< IF I'M STILL AROUND FOR THE NEXT EVENT IN VANCOUVER, I WILL BE DRIVING THERE. too much beautiful scenery between here and there. until then i will stop researching for this trip. besides that, trin is blackmailing me with seeing the area where carter's house is(on the show, not amanda's house). no more research!!!!!

by the way eh-t, my brother and sis-in-law are both attorneys and their best friend is a judge, so i'm not afraid of you...........well, maybe just a little.
                      LOL! I hope that you are not afraid of me. I do not wish people to be afraid of me. (Well, maybe Neep, just a little bit )

Comment

Eh-T lives for my fear.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          LOL! I hope that you are not afraid of me. I do not wish people to be afraid of me. (Well, maybe Neep, just a little bit )
                          nope, not afraid. i spent enough time in courts with lawyers to know not to be afraid. i worked in an E.R. in chicago and had to go to testify about patients who were suing doctors, or being sued by other patients or trying to sue the police "I was just minding my own business and these 2 cops came up and started beating on me!" how many times have i heard that? my opinion of lawyers was pretty low most of the time because most of the ones i dealt with were the "ambulance chasers". the stupidity they displayed during some of the questioning just staggered my imagination. but there were some pretty with it ones too. unfortunately they were the minority. what kind of attorney are you? my brother and his wife are in real estate-nothing exciting(thank goodness).

Comment

Eh-T is in litigation. Real tricksy.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Eh-T lives for my fear.
                              Yes, I live for that and making AT run.

nope, not afraid. i spent enough time in courts with lawyers to know not to be afraid. i worked in an E.R. in chicago and had to go to testify about patients who were suing doctors, or being sued by other patients or trying to sue the police "I was just minding my own business and these 2 cops came up and started beating on me!" how many times have i heard that? my opinion of lawyers was pretty low most of the time because most of the ones i dealt with were the "ambulance chasers". the stupidity they displayed during some of the questioning just staggered my imagination. but there were some pretty with it ones too. unfortunately they were the minority. what kind of attorney are you? my brother and his wife are in real estate-nothing exciting(thank goodness).
                              I'm the nice kind.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                I'm the nice kind.
                                I'm scared of EH-T, too. Though not cuz she's a lawyer. But it's okay, I know where she works. I could always ship a group of nubbins to her office and watch the havoc unfold.

Slightly more serious... EH-T, you aren't related to anyone in Oregon, by chance, are you? Because if I do feel any nerves around you, it's due to the fact that you bear a striking resemblance to a coworker of mine. She's the kind of person who is so nonchalantly good at her job that I feel like I need to be on my A-game whenever she's around. I would make a joke about her being your doppleganger, but she's a bit older than you. So aunt, maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X