The Fist bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
    Dusty-whatever probably was, the others were probably pretty close.
    Joe Flanigan was born in 1967. Paul McGillion in 1969.

Janina Gavankar (Dusty) was born in 1980. Leela Savasta (Vega, dead girl) is of unknown age o_O. Nicole de Boer (Porter) in 1970. Christina Cox (Teldy) in 1971.

So apparently I was wrong. Then again, I don't stare at women long enough to accurately gauge their ages. Especially not when they're one-time or almost-one-time characters.

Comment

Hasn't is already been etablished this was (for lack of a better word) ad libbed?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Hasn't is already been etablished this was (for lack of a better word) ad libbed?
        Doesn't make it any less bad. And also, it's not like it was hard to catch. No one in post thought it objectionable.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          That just makes it even more lame. Fun, but lame. I mean, these two characters would have zero chance with any of these women.

Ezri was smitten with Carson, but he seems to be romantically retarded at best.

Comment

That just makes it even more lame. Fun, but lame. I mean, these two characters would have zero chance with any of these women.
            I don't think either of them were really thinking "Yeah, we're gonna get some action on this mission...!" I saw it as just a little jokey thing between the two of them.

Comment

I think it's funny that people keep saying how 'out of character' it was for Beckett. It wasn't out of character, the writers are the one who created him, and they can make the character however they want, and if the actors want to add something, then the writers are allowed to let them. Nothing they write for anyone is 'out of character', some people just don't like it.
              Last edited by DrJenniferDex; 08 September 2008, 03:41 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                When the all-girls team first turned their back on John and Carson after first introductions, they touched knuckles, the manly "Alright!"-gesture.

What the hell were the writers trying to portray? "Oh yeah! All ladies! We're gonna score tonight!" or something?! I mean, what was up with that?! Why was it necessary? What could it possibly mean other than "Score!"/"Yay!"/"Alright!"?

Whee, a guy's dream, 4 girls. Two each or something.
                what's the big deal? I thought it was hilarious

And then by the end there, I got this whole "I'm the man, so I'll have none of you women stepping in and getting in my way!"-vibe when John, after coming up with that plan which had many holes and then decided to activate the tablet before setting the charge, ordered "the girls" not to leave their positions no matter what.
                um you do realize that Shep was in charge...

Who wrote this episode, the men behind "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible"?!
                the ep was written by Joe M
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Ezri was smitten with Carson, but he seems to be romantically retarded at best.
                  Only when Mallozzi makes him that way.

But for seriouslies, tptb, stop trying to hook up people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    And I just simply found it out of character for Beckett, who despite the fact he OBVIOUSLY likes girls, I did not imagine to be the kid of guy who'd do that.
                    Because he isn't. If tptb had any sense in their brains, they should have definately edited it out in postproduction. tptb's fault.

My point is that a lot of people find these kind of things offensive. Not only is it immature and sexist, it's also OoT, especially for Carson.
                    Thank you!

On a side note, I don't blame Joe F and Paul McG for this. Yes, I have double standards. Shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      what's the big deal? I thought it was hilarious
                      Then again, you're most probably a heterosexual white male.

um you do realize that Shep was in charge...
                      Being in charge does not necessitate being stupid. He should've listened to his subordinates when they were trying to help him.

the ep was written by Joe M
                      And I was right on that he wrote "Irresponsible", now wasn't I?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                        I think it's funny that people keep saying how 'out of character' it was for Beckett. It wasn't out of character, the writers are the one who created him, and they can make the character however they want, and if the actors want to add something, then the writers are allowed to let them. Nothing they write for anyone is 'out of character', some people just don't like it.
                        Nothing is ever out of character no matter what the established canon is since the writers wrote the characters and the writers can write them however they want? OK then...

Comment

hahaha, funny how it goes from "omg writers are sexist pigs for putting that line in" to "omg producers should have edited it out" when they find out it was their beloved Flanigan and McGillion that actually adlibbed it in. Great way to lose any shred of legitimacy to your argument.

Anyway, Joe and Paul did it for lols. And it was lol. It was all Flanigan's and McGillion's idea. If you don't like it, go complain to them about.

PS, for anyone saying it is out of character for Beckett - go back and watch the show. Rising - Beckett talking himself up about the drone he 'managed' to control; Rising - where he complains he never gets to head touch with the hot chicks like Shep does; Poisoning the Well - where he's dismissing the medical labs and any research they might have done until the hot doctor chick comes in and he suddenly changes his tune; and so on.

Comment

Then again, you're most probably a heterosexual white male.
                            yeah so?

Being in charge does not necessitate being stupid. He should've listened to his subordinates when they were trying to help him.
                            he did listen. remember it's a tv show and Shep was supposed to be the hero in this ep. I wouldn't call him stupid

And I was right on that he wrote "Irresponsible", now wasn't I?
                            yup he and PM wrote Irresponsible. so what? they also wrote WoO...
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              hahaha, funny how it goes from "omg writers are sexist pigs for putting that line in" to "omg producers should have edited it out" when they find out it was their beloved Flanigan and McGillion that actually adlibbed it in. Great way to lose any shred of legitimacy to your argument.

Anyway, Joe and Paul did it for lols. And it was lol. It was all Flanigan's and McGillion's idea. If you don't like it, go complain to them about.
                              You'll notice how I've criticized Flanigan and McGillion for this as well. But they're just two men. The people in post production, the director and the writers are many.

So it's all a big pile of men who together decided this wasn't at all objectionable.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              PS, for anyone saying it is out of character for Beckett - go back and watch the show. Rising - Beckett talking himself up about the drone he 'managed' to control; Rising - where he complains he never gets to head touch with the hot chicks like Shep does; Poisoning the Well - where he's dismissing the medical labs and any research they might have done until the hot doctor chick comes in and he suddenly changes his tune; and so on.
                              I'm sorry, how does any of that translate into "I'll bump fists with a fellow man whenever I see hot chicks that I can oogle!" how?

Comment

yeah so?
                                It explains why you didn't find it objectionable at all... and probably think we're overracting.

he did listen. remember it's a tv show and Shep was supposed to be the hero in this ep. I wouldn't call him stupid
                                Wait... how did he listen? In what alternate universe is cutting what's-her-name off mid-sentence and going "I think I've made myself clear" listening?

Taldy eller whatever: What if it goes sideways?
                                Shep: I already told you about my plan.
                                What's-her-name: What if...
                                Shep: Be quiet.

Yes, that's real listening right there.

yup he and PM wrote Irresponsible. so what? they also wrote WoO...
                                And? Writing a few good episodes does in no way mean you cannot write bad episodes and it also does not mean you get "Get out of Criticism" cards. "Irresponsible" was a shoddily written episode with little insight into how women think. Since this episode also displayed alarming lack of insight into the female mind, I surmised that the writers for both (or at least "Irresistible" and "Whispers") were the same.

Not very surprisingly, they were.

Comment

Working...
                                X