Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarcasmo View Post
    Douchey boss? Yes, unfortunately.
    Get a grip. WTF is douchey? Some stupid americanism no doubt.

Comment

What should I get a grip on?

My default assumption is that everyone on the internet is American because there is so many of them around and some are surprised to see other nations here.

Douchey as in douche as in a slang way of saying creepy and lecherous. Which, in context of a superior doing that about his subordinates, is apt.

Comment

i loled when beckett started complaining about walking too much and asked to rest, and then he saw the women team and caught a second breath and started running
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

My default assumption is that everyone on the internet is American because there is so many of them around and some are surprised to see other nations here.

Douchey as in douche as in a slang way of saying creepy and lecherous. Which, in context of a superior doing that about his subordinates, is apt.
          *waves* Hello - Brit right here.

And over here "douche" or "douche bag" means absolutely a very unpleasent, nasty, vindictive person.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

*waves hi from a colony*

means absolutely a very unpleasent, nasty, vindictive person.

Well, I wouldn't say they were being nasty or vindictive, but it was certainly unpleasant.

Comment

Hmm so your default assumption is that everyone on the world wide web is American? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                Hmm so your default assumption is that everyone on the world wide web is American? Interesting.
                No, just on certain sites. And yes, that is my default assumption, because I got sick of being surprised when Americans got surprised that there were other people on it.

Comment

Oh. How ignorant of you.

Comment

*watches the point fly gracefully over your head*

Comment

No, just on certain sites. And yes, that is my default assumption, because I got sick of being surprised when Americans got surprised that there were other people on it.
                      Erm... could you rephrase that please?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        Erm... could you rephrase that please?
                        Sure. I'm not American yet a lot of the people who frequent the same sites as me are. I wasn't surprised to know that other people were online; they were. So I've become accustomed to certain assumptions.

Does that make more sense?

Comment

Sure. I'm not American yet a lot of the people who frequent the same sites as me are. I wasn't surprised to know that other people were online; they were. So I've become accustomed to certain assumptions.

Does that make more sense?
                          It does indeed! Thankyou.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was really funny. Before people go on more about the whole "they are under his command" thing, in "real life," there wouldn't be women on what amounts to a front line mission like this. Women would do security forces work in maybe similar environments, but they wouldn't be involved in combat operations for AFSOC (I would assume that's who's running the military portion of Atlantis, right?) by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by 103 View Post
                              I thought it was really funny. Before people go on more about the whole "they are under his command" thing, in "real life," there wouldn't be women on what amounts to a front line mission like this. Women would do security forces work in maybe similar environments, but they wouldn't be involved in combat operations for AFSOC (I would assume that's who's running the military portion of Atlantis, right?) by any means.
                              Exactly. I've been in combat situations with women, and they are relegated to exactly those roles, and that said, I tell you that guys in those situations behave exactly as Shep and Beck did, and in fact the only thing I found unbelievable is that Sheppard wouldn't have had knowledge of it beforehand.

Other than that, the ep was cool with me.
                              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Its struck a very good realism point imho. Particularly since these guys are good buddies. If you dont think it was realistic or appropriate or in character i say come back a few years when u start noticing girls, or that guys are always like this when youre not looking and theyve fooled you into a false concept of 'gentlemanness' because of ur attitude.

Breaking news, guys like girls: more at 11

Comment

Working...
                                X