No announcement yet.

Ronon pulling Mckay's leg at the end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think keller shows a lot of interest in rodney this episode. well, she at least mentions him twice.

once when she grabs the fried teleportation device, thinking that he would like to to examine it.

second when the little girl says (of the new runner) "he acts means, but he's not really" and keller says that she know someone just like that. i like that she COULD be alking about either ronon or rodney, but i think it's mckay on her mind!

and just for the record, i never even considered that ronon might be kidding! great idea and now my preferred reading of the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Thanks for posting this, Brian. That scene played exactly the way I imagined. Ronon was so messing with Rodney here. First, he seemed to be puzzled that Rodney would think he's interested in Keller and then when he realized that Rodney was asking because *he* was the one who was interested, it sort of looked like Ronon was trying to motivate Rodney into going for it.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

I found it particulary hilarious when he says,

"Maybe I do have intentions..." but he says it like he's swallowing the "in" in "intentions". Almost like he's swallowing a chuckle and he can only say a part of the word seriously.

I know I do it when I find something hilarious and can't say it with a straight face.
        sigpic

Comment

It would be completely random for Ronon to be pulling Rodney's leg.

First, we got "Quarantine". Tension built, they kissed, nothing else was said about the matter. Then, in "Tracker", Ronon quite randomly volunteered to go with Jennifer on the mission.

Now, to then have him turn out to be pulling Rodney's leg at the end would've been quite random and illogical (then again, him at first claiming to not have any feelings for her was random as well).

After all, there was the kiss which was never spoken of again. Did the kiss just fall into a plot hole? Are they pretending it never happened? To have it never heard from again and then have the next time something concerning Kellex ever appear on-screen be him tricking Rodney about liking her... hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            It would be completely random for Ronon to be pulling Rodney's leg.

First, we got "Quarantine". Tension built, they kissed, nothing else was said about the matter. Then, in "Tracker", Ronon quite randomly volunteered to go with Jennifer on the mission.

Now, to then have him turn out to be pulling Rodney's leg at the end would've been quite random and illogical (then again, him at first claiming to not have any feelings for her was random as well).

After all, there was the kiss which was never spoken of again. Did the kiss just fall into a plot hole? Are they pretending it never happened? To have it never heard from again and then have the next time something concerning Kellex ever appear on-screen be him tricking Rodney about liking her... hmmm...
            Actually they never did kiss in Quarantine. It was an almost kiss twice. I could see how the writers would choose to have Ronon pulling Rodney's leg in this instance. We really haven't gotten much after the almost kisses in Quarantine. Had they truly kissed and then nothing said or addressed afterward...now that would be just plain wrong...LOL!

Comment

the best part IMO was Rodney's last line - 'may the best man win'

"best man" ? this implies at least 2 men. appart from Ronon, who is the other man ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                the best part IMO was Rodney's last line - 'may the best man win'

"best man" ? this implies at least 2 men. appart from Ronon, who is the other man ?
                Oh, HA HA HA HA.......HA.

Rodney is twice the man Ronon is!

Take that!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                  Oh, HA HA HA HA.......HA.

Rodney is twice the man Ronon is!

Take that!
                  "twice the man" in only half the body ? bummer, that sure isn't gonna work out

but it's ok - clearly you're rooting for mckay, so in deference to your admiration for him, I'll spare the Rod -_-

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    "twice the man" in only half the body ? bummer, that sure isn't gonna work out
                    Hey! It's not size that matters, but how you use it. Plus, what Rodney lacks in height and muscle mass, he makes up for in other ways.

I could make a comment about the size of his brain compared to Ronon, but that would be mean. So I won't say it.

But it's implied.

but it's ok - clearly you're rooting for mckay, so in deference to your admiration for him, I'll spare the Rod -_-
                    Eh, go for it. Take your best shot.

Rodney is so great, he practically defends himself. Plus, it's not like I go easy on Ronon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box
                      Rodney is so great, he practically defends himself.
                      aye but judging by his fighting skills he doesn't defend himself very practically :/

Hey! It's not size that matters, but how you use it. Plus, what Rodney lacks in height and muscle mass, he makes up for in other ways.
                      yes, in imagination. case in point, his line about the best man ^_^

I could make a comment about the size of his brain compared to Ronon, but that would be mean. So I won't say it.
                      hey it's ok I'm good, fire at will. I'm certainly not a Chewie uh I mean Ronon fan, and it's not like I've been very kind in the past concerning the size of his noggin
                      and tbh I like Rod a lot

it's just that I'd like to see him win, or at least hold his own, in a 1:1 fight. at least once
                      c'mon writers, you can do it. it's not like you guys are stingy when it comes to suspension of disbelief

Comment

Carl Binder just did an interview on JM's blog about Tracker. He has answered some questions dealing with this particular subject.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...cenes-snippet/

Ive never felt that Ronon was great friends with Rodney but felt there was a great deal of respect there. However I did find some of the banter harsh and unnecessary towards Rodney and wondered where the respect had gone. Was there a concious decision to portray there banter this way or am i missing something here?”

Answer: There is respect between them. But they are two completely different personalities. Ronon has an abrupt, in your face quality. So if someone is slowing him down while he’s pursuing the man who’s kidnapped someone dear to him, he’s going to let him know. I did not intend for it to be unnecessarily harsh, just Ronon being Ronon.

Michelle writes: “Is Ronon really interested in Keller, or is he pulling Rodney’s chain?”

Answer: Or perhaps he thinks this won’t be much of a competition.

From my own interpretation of the scene coupled with Carl's answers I have to say Ronon was genuine and wasn't pulling Rodney's leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther View Post
                          Carl Binder just did an interview
                          Michelle writes: “Is Ronon really interested in Keller, or is he pulling Rodney’s chain?”

Answer: Or perhaps he thinks this won’t be much of a competition.

From my own interpretation of the scene coupled with Carl's answers I have to say Ronon was genuine and wasn't pulling Rodney's leg.
                          Good catch. That's probably what he's saying. I wonder if Momoa misread it or is just a bad actor, because...
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            Good catch. That's probably what he's saying. I wonder if Momoa misread it or is just a bad actor, because...
                            According to Carl that is one of his favorite scenes, and he believes David and Jason played it perfectly. Perhaps people are trying to read too much into the scene, or reading too much into their relationship. To tell the truth, while I was very much aware Ronon was enjoying Rodney's insecurity, it never crossed my mind he was joking. His smile, in my opinion, was smug not teasing. Many people have pointed out it is common for Ronon to pick on Rodney. What they seem to be forgetting is that it was never a I am teasing my friend type. There was always a serious message in it, and that was Ronon doesn't think highly of Rodney. The same way Rodney doesn't think highly of Ronon. Even Jason Momoa in an interview brought out that while Ronon and Rodney have a level of respect for each other, because they are on the same team, they aren't really friends.

Comment

No way is he pulling his leg. What a useless scene to put in at the end of an episode if its a joke.
                              I thought Ronon was smiling to himself because he was finally admitted to himself that he liked her. Maybe he was doing everything subconsciously and now that the question was asked, he thought about it and realised that he indeed did like her.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                                Thanks for posting this, Brian. That scene played exactly the way I imagined. Ronon was so messing with Rodney here. First, he seemed to be puzzled that Rodney would think he's interested in Keller and then when he realized that Rodney was asking because *he* was the one who was interested, it sort of looked like Ronon was trying to motivate Rodney into going for it.

Well said, exactly the way I see it.

And as for that interview with CB - of course he have to answer like that - to keep this "love triangle" alive. Naturally he can't reveal the outcome, to make the viewers lose interest.
                                Wich they already have by the way, the so called love triangel is just stupid and embarrassing
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X