Ronon pulling Mckay's leg at the end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brain_child
    You guys all seem to think that Ronon's smile was mischievous when I thought it was confidence. Or atleast thats what the juxtaposition of Rodney's and Ronon's facial expressions seemed to indicate. Ronon appears confident of winning, while Rodney, not so much.
    I think his smile was a combination of both mischievousness and confidence. Ronon has never been one to lack in the confidence area, while Rodney lacks self-confidence in areas of personal issues such as relationships. So for Ronon's smile to appear confident of winning, that wouldn't suprise me because that is in character for Ronon. Ronon also knows how to make Mckay feel uncomfortable just by staring at him and I think he rather enjoys doing that to McKay! Which is what makes me feel that his smile was more mischievous, at least at first, to give Rodney a hard time.
    However it is quite possible that at the end Ronon realized that maybe it's time for him to start opening up to the possiblity of a relationship again.

Originally posted by Ethell
    That's what I thought, too. Never did it cross my mind that Ronon was only teasing McKay, because if he wasn't into Keller, than why would he have volunteered to go off-world with her to begin with?
    I wouldn't read to much into him volunteering to go off-world with Keller. He did it several times with Teyla. Wasn't there an episode where Ronon told Teyla that he sometimes just needs to get out of Atlantis - don't remember his exact words but it was something to that affect. And he did volunteer to go with Zelenka to the mainland in Echos, so Ronon does volunteer to help others out off-world.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      After watching the final scene in the episode. I believe Ronon is totally not into Keller like Rodney is. I think he was teasing with him because he did not know at first what Rodney meant, but then when he did, you can see his smile and it just seemed he was playing with Rodney. What do you think?
      I'm sorry but disagree. I wouldn't like that to be how people perceive Ronon. As someone who would tease his friend about liking the same girl as he does. I like Ronon cause he is what he is. He is to the point and above all I think he is quite honest. In that ending scene, if it were all a joke, he would of told Rodney that he was just kidding and that Rodney would have smooth sailing there but no he didn't. He remained honest enough to his friend to let him know that yep he's a bit attracted to her too.

So I hope it all resolves itself but I'm sooo not a fan of the two of them after Keller. I'd much rather they both found someone else.
      Spoiler:
      Maffieg

Comment

hiya!

I could see ronan teasing along Rodney for his own good: making him Man up, in the end for rodneys benifit....

..jsut get the image of ronan making a move on Keller, Rodney storming off, then Ronan smiling and fist-bumping Sheppard

Comment

After watching the final scene in the episode. I believe Ronon is totally not into Keller like Rodney is. I think he was teasing with him because he did not know at first what Rodney meant, but then when he did, you can see his smile and it just seemed he was playing with Rodney. What do you think?
          Yes i think it was obvius
          I wasn't watching alone, all my pals said the same , while laughing at poor Rodney ourselves.....
          Spoiler:
          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
          (YEAR 0 - 100)
          "O thou Sun,
          send me as far over the earth
          as is my pleasure and thine,
          and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
          but never hear anything of bad ones,
          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I agree. That seems to make the most sense in this situation.
            LLAP

Comment

He wasn't pulling McKay's leg, he just isn't open about that sort of thing and he was embarrassed, that's why he didn't look serious.

Comment

I really really really hope you guys are right! Keller belongs with Rodney! Ronon's sex appeal is too much for her to handle!

Comment

The question is why did Ronon decide to go with them in the first place? Rodney was suprised that he was going with them. Did Ronon go out of the kindness of his heart? Did he go because he had the same "intentions" that Rodney had? Did Sheppard put him up to it to mess with Rodney a bit, as Sheppard seemed to be messing with him a bit in the beginning too. Dont know, dont care. Personally, I'd perfer they drop the whole thing all together.

Comment

Holy mackerel, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I took the scene at face value, but now looking back at it, I can totally see how this might be Ronon's way of "making him squirm" as someone said.

~ mh777
                    "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

Comment

I didn't realise a thread had already been made concerning this topic...

OK, I swear Ronon was joking with McKay at the very end (regarding himself also having "intentions" towards Keller.) Everything, from the way he kept asking him more questions (making an already nervous Rodney feel more awkward and uncomfortable), to the growth of his gradual smile at the satisfaction of being presented another opportunity to tease him relentlessly (their friendship is one of the most intersting in the show) gave the indication Ronan was joking!

I don't think there is a love triangle here at all, at least not in the literall sense. For example, that moment where Ronon gives the girl her doll, which impresses Keller, is meant to make Rodney think Ronon has feelings for her, not make the audience think that.

My understanding of the scene (and episode as a whole) was that Rodney was being strung along to think Ronon was interested in Keller, when really he was just playing up an opportunity to make the good doctor squirm some more.

For those in doubt of my logic, watch that last scene again with the knowledge that Ronon is teasing McKay and doesn't actually have intentions towards Keller. I think the true meaning of the scene that the writers were attempting to convey will become apparent.

Comment

Momoa played it like Ronon was just teasing Rodney, and had no "intention" of going after Keller. If that's how he was directed, he did a great job.

If he was told that Ronon is really into Keller then Momoa did a horrible job.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

So a man who rarely (if ever) talks about his love life, bearing in mind it took him 2 years to tell his best friend (John) about his wife and her death and who looked totally embarrassed when Jennifer asked him about his wife during the quarantine lockdown, suddenly decides to tell Rodney that he is interested romantically in Jennifer for a joke?

I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            Momoa played it like Ronon was just teasing Rodney, and had no "intention" of going after Keller. If that's how he was directed, he did a great job.

If he was told that Ronon is really into Keller then Momoa did a horrible job.
                            I am going with that Jason M did a great job. So he was likely teasing him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              So a man who rarely (if ever) talks about his love life, bearing in mind it took him 2 years to tell his best friend (John) about his wife and her death and who looked totally embarrassed when Jennifer asked him about his wife during the quarantine lockdown, suddenly decides to tell Rodney that he is interested romantically in Jennifer for a joke?

I don't think so.
                              Not a joke necessarily, but we have seen that Ronon and Rodney have an interesting relationship.

Personally, I haven't seen anything depicted on SGA that would lead me to believe that Ronon has an equal or greater depth of feeling for Jennifer than Rodney does. Rodney loves her for crying out loud.

And while I'm not claiming that Ronon isn't at all attracted to her, he could very well be playing up his "intentions" for her because he sees how uncomfortable Rodney is with the situation. After all, he really only said, "maybe". Not even a yes. And his tone was far too....playful is the only way I can think to phrase it...throughout that entire scene.

We've never seen Ronon played that way, which is why I find it interesting that the director and Momoa chose to lpay him like that this time around in this particular scene.
                              sigpic

Comment

But Pandora, if what you say is true, that means that Ronon is stringing Jennifer along just to play a joke on Rodney.

I cannot condone anyone toying with someones affections just for a laugh, and I hope TPTB wouldn't say so either.

I think Ronon is telling the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X