This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starfox View Post
    Darlin', evil implies a certain innovation, creativity and drive. Evil takes work. You make the same tired comments in every thread. I've never known evil to be quite that boring.
    different kind of evil
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      different kind of evil
      Um...a dumb evil?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
        Um...a dumb evil?
        no, I'm not a typical Stargate villian
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          Um...a dumb evil?
          No... Evil Knievel...

Comment

After 14 years worth of stories, it is darn hard to come up with something "NEW". It is like saying family guy sucks because the simpsons have done it. Well yeah, they have been on the air for 20 years. Of course they have done it. Instead of saying it sucked, without watching it, why not suggest a NEW story or threat. It might be the same type of threat, but it is a different spin on it and it shines a light more onto the characters that most of us have grown to love.
            Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
            Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I respectfully disagree. Even though there's a virus and a cure to be found, I thought this was a wonderful team story, and it showed just how much everyone cared about Rodney, given what a pain he can often be. And David did such a wonderful job of portraying McKay's mental decline, it's award-worthy.
              I 100% agree with you.
              Not every episode has to be full of action. The Shine is one of the best writing episodes in a long time. It made me wanna cry at some points an at overs it made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                no, I'm not a typical Stargate villian
                no the stargate villians have entertained a hell of a lot of people over more than 10 years.

all you have done is annoyed a huge group of people and tried to be funny but failed at oh so many times that ive lost count...and ive only been counting in this post.

dont know how old you are but i suggest you grow up.
                The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                  Your loss.

This episode ended up being one of the best if not the best of atlantis.

You made a whole new thread just to say you didn't like the episode, when you didn't even watch it past the first 5 minutes?

If all SG "fans" are like this, than I'm not surprised everyone appears to hate it.
                  I am anti, and I watched it all. Despite the poor editing, I didn't think it was that bad. It was better than any other I've seen since Lifeline (unless I am forgetting something), and even that episode left a bitter taste because of many reasons, one of which is replicators.

Comment

The first bit of negative feedback and people cant handle it. This is a discussion forum afterall. If this episode and every episode is so awesome then why is the show cancelled - think about that fanboys of this forum.

p.s I am a long term stargate fan but the standard of episodes are generally going downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by SiroVai View Post
                      The first bit of negative feedback and people cant handle it. This is a discussion forum afterall. If this episode and every episode is so awesome then why is the show cancelled - think about that fanboys of this forum.

p.s I am a long term stargate fan but the standard of episodes are generally going downhill.
                      It was cancelled because MGM can make more money off SGA with movies than they can with it as a show. And plenty of really good shows have been cancelled, Firefly for instance only had 13 or 14 episodes and I think only like 11 of them actually aired. And Arrested Development was probably the best sitcom of all time and it got cancelled after two and a half seasons.

As for "The Shrine" I thought it was wonderful to see an episode that was really a true character episode. I understand that there are a lot of fans who want explosions and action, but its also nice for a change of pace. DH was fantastic as was the rest of the cast.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by SiroVai View Post
                        Episodes where the team have to get a cure/fix/repair before the virus/bug/evil thing destroys/kills somthing/somebody in a very specified amount of time?

Pleeeeaseee. I turned this episode off after 5 mins, Booooorrring!
                        While I wouldn't go this far after all every show need something to go wrong other wise there is no conflict to resolve. The story is as very weak at best. Hewit makes up for it by his best acting of the series to the date, but when there is no real threat to his life hard to enjoy this for much more than Hewits acting. Also starting in the middle of things is normally the sign of a weak script watch BGS some time you will notice almost all of the really bad episodes start at the end to create a fail sense of tension to a script that doesn't otherwise have it. This was written by Brad Wright so its not that he's not a good writer I think he just missed his mark here. These things happen but doesn't make "The Shrine" worth rewatching.
                        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

i love the actions and genius of the stargate shows (loved the satelite weapon the replicators sent thru) but it also needs character development and stuff that isn't just action based so we get a feel for the charaters.

rodney and shepherd on the bridge .... awesome!!! ronans loyalty with mckay wikid coz he's always ripping on them. SGA rules over SG1 in that respect coz we have alot more fun with the characters, by then end it was something more SG1 were expanding on but i love SGA with shep, mckay and dex those guys have mad respect and jokes with each other.

Comment

Im an unconditionnal fan of StarGate, saw SG-1 multiple times.

When i rewatch SG-1, i instinctivelly pass through fillers, i dont need to rewartch those, they are boring.

Despite the fact that this episode was nice, and let me drop a tear its a filler again. Were at episode 6, and no plot. It is sad. Very sad. There can be character developpement at the same time as a plot that span through 4-5 episodes!

I used to be so eager each friday for the next SGA, but now, i lost that feeling. Because were running at 6th filler in a row here.

Comment

SGA has no plot whatsoever since the Replicator homeworld was blown up in Be All My Sins Remembered. No wonder SciFi and MGM pulled the plug on the show.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                                SGA has no plot whatsoever since the Replicator homeworld was blown up in Be All My Sins Remembered. No wonder SciFi and MGM pulled the plug on the show.
                                I wonder what took them so long
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X