Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael is still (spoilers from this episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
    Michael is still alive. When he was falling toward the end, the Asgard from 'The Lost Tribe' beamed him aboard their ship. Together, they will get revenge on Atlantis.
    Ah, wishful thinking, but no, he went SPLAT! on the pier. Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Ah, wishful thinking, but no, he went SPLAT! on the pier. Yes!
      He could have gone splat on the water but at that height it is going to hurt just as much
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
        we all saw the hive ship blow up, there was no way he could have survived that... oh wait...

2. did you see his dead body? no
        3. did you see him hit the ground? no

4. did anyone say he was DEAD? NO...... THIS IS IMPORTANT... they only said he was "out of the picture" note: they explicitly avoided saying he was dead...

5. Todd's 10,000 years old AT LEAST.... there is a lot about the wraith physiology that we do not know...

6. no dead body
        7. no pronouncement of death
        We also know that the Jumper went missing, there's no way he could have survived the explosion but we do he could have escaped easily.

1. Dead you see him fall from a great height? yes

2. Do things usually hit the floor after falling due to gravity? yes

You want a pronouncement of death? HE'S DEAD!
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          Hey i LIKED the clone saga in spidey! :-p

BEN REILLY LIVES
          "NooOo0oo..." - Darth Vader
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

we all saw the hive ship blow up, there was no way he could have survived that... oh wait...
            But it was established in the episode before the Hive blew up that the puddle-jumper was stolen. There was nothing in this episode to suggest he survived.

4. did anyone say he was DEAD? NO...... THIS IS IMPORTANT... they only said he was "out of the picture" note: they explicitly avoided saying he was dead...
            "...explicitly avoided..."? So unless they say 100% without a doubt "HE'S DEAD" then it didn't happen?

5. Todd's 10,000 years old AT LEAST.... there is a lot about the wraith physiology that we do not know...
            I don't really see what Todd's age has to do with anything but we've seen Wraith impaled by Wraith Stunners and stabbed to death so we know they're not invincible.

6. no dead body
            7. no pronouncement of death
            lol you already said #6 in #2 and #7 in #4
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Michael, Beckett and Ba'al
              Sounds like the opening line for a children's nursery rhyme.

Michael, Beckett and Ba'al
              Came running down the hall
              But then they got stunned,
              Which ended the fun
              And they didn't get dinner at all.

or some such nonsense
              sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it have been awesome if they brought in clone Colonel O'neill to command Atlantis? "God, I missed going offworld."

Comment

No it wouldn't, it would be ****ing awful.

Comment

If they were to bring Michael back it would probably be as a clone. If that happened I imagine they'd explain it like this, the Michael who died in this episode was the clone, and he would have had some defect designed into his DNA that would kill him (like Carson), which would guarentee loyalty. It could also explain why Michael looked so unhealthy in this episode.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

my whole point, is that there was never any explicit statement or irrefutable on-screen proof that Michael is 100% irreversibly dead...

is it possible he's dead? absolutely
                      in fact it is highly probably that he is

HOWEVER

it is also possible that he is still alive...

i'm not saying he is
                      i am merely saying that based on what was shown and what was said, that we cannot draw a conclusive unequivocal irrefutable inarguable conclusion about him...
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by airic82 View Post
                        I don't understand why Atlantis keeps killing off it's villains so easily. What I LOVED about SG-1 was that they just kept developing and adding layers to villains, but Atlantis seems content to kill everyone off. I mean look at all the Genii they killed (Colm Meany's character for example), then there was the short lived Replicators (they were around for half a year), and now Michael, who I think was the best villain for Atlantis.

I sure hope you're right and Michael is somehow alive. My thought was that he's cloned himself (like Carson), but that would be very Baal like. Either way, the episode was great, but I'm very frustrated with a "loss" of my favorite. To have him escape might have been dodgy though, that I admit, so in terms of story it was best. I'll miss him.
                        Michael has been around since season 2, I'd hardly call that killing him off quickly. Asurans were lame, the writers didn't make them into very good villains, so I was glad to see them go before being dragged on forever like in SG-1.

Spoiler:
                        Shepperd gets captured by Kolya in what I believe is the next episode, so he hasn't been killed off somehow.

Not to mention Todd, whose loyalty is ambiguous.

I'd rather see villains come and go. The Goa'uld were great, and I absolutely loved how Ba'al had so many layers of character. But honestly, by the time he had cloned himself and was impossible to kill and was always meddling, I had kind of grown tired of him.

I am not really sad to see Michael go. He had a good run, let him die tactfully, not in a drawn out ordeal.

Comment

My guess is that Michael will be back, in an infected Ronan. Did you notice that when he said 'time for one more trophy' he appeared to cut Ronan before the camera panned away. My guess is that he smeared a few droplets of his blood into Ronan's wounds, and Ronan is now infected with Michaels blood and will begin 'to turn' at some point.
                          "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
                          I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
                          They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

Comment

I always never really liked Michael just because I have a stigma of Conner Trineer (sp?). Just seeing him in science fiction again brought back horrific memories of another science fiction television show he was in for 4 seasons. I wasn't glad to see him die, but I also wouldn't care if he had made it out.

Normally I would say that we would definitely see Michael again - especially with the people who write the show now, they are very fond of bringing back dead people (the most tired cliche in TV history). However, because of Atlantis' shortened run and limited number of movies, I'd say he might stay dead, if just because of a lack of space to fit him in somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              No it wouldn't, it would be ****ing awful.
                              Why? I personally thought he was a great base commander, and it will essentially be the same O'neill, just at a different age.

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAA

Michael's dead

I feel so sad. I LOVED THAT DEAR OLD INTENT-ON-REVENGE WRAITH!!!!! now i only have rodney to drool over
                                "Wøøf!"

Comment

Working...
                                X