X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
    Guess what!

You just re-used a topic idea that's been posted again and again and again. if you ask me, you need new material.
    Owned

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

I find it more logical for species previously in stargate that are known to be intergalactic travellers to have had factions split off and then later be found in a different galaxy. It isn't rehashing, its expanding.

Comment

TPTB will continue to rehash SG1 on SGA as long as they have a stagnant writing staff.

Comment

SG-1ssm, you do realise this is a spinoff, don't you? If you dislike the show that much, why bother watching? If you want something a little more original, try watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Comment

The Lost Tribe has more holes than Swiss cheese. There's nothing consistent in this episode except TPTB's poor and unimaginative writing.
            sigpic

Comment

As stated on another thread, I thought this episode was alright, it wasn't as good as "First Contact" and I thought Daniel was slightly weird in this episode. It was entertaining if you don't think too much regarding the plots.

Todd escaped so hopefully the team can locate him and execute him before he tells his Wraith friends the location of Atlantis.

I also hope we get to see them repair the control room, if it's repairable as I expected, the control room is trashed, and of course at the end scene McKay states that they are installing the new Stargate, well, how and where are they installing it? At the Auxiliary control room? At the trashed control room? Are they going to have an Iris or a shield?

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                As stated on another thread, I thought this episode was alright, it wasn't as good as "First Contact" and I thought Daniel was slightly weird in this episode.
                That was because Michael Shanks was simply winging it...at least it felt that way. Maybe he read through the script and thought "oooh boy this is pretty bad...oh hell let's just have some fun with it"
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                  All in all, I really enjoyed this. It wasn't as good as First Contact, and it could have been wrapped up better, but it was an entertaining show and opened up some more depth to the Pegasus Galaxy. We're potentially back to having two main enemies in the Pegasus Galaxy; the Wraith and the Pegasus Asgard.
                  I really did enjoyed most of the episode as well, and I agree that it did reveal a lot of interesting aspects of the Pegasus Galaxy, but it was the final 5 or so minutes just soured my impression of the episode as a whole.

In both episodes there were so many interesting plot points, the discovery of Janus's lab, the rogue 'tribe' of Asgard, the Attero device that crippled Wraith ships and caused Stargates to explode, Todd thinking he's been betrayed by the humans and taking over the Daedalus.

I personally expected the closing minutes of the episode to have some acknowledgment and reflection of these significant events by the characters. The Traveler women mentioned that the Stargate on their settlement exploded killing thousands. Chances are that happened on many other worlds, possibly on worlds the expedition trades with and potentially on the planet the Athosians are on now. I think there should have been some acknowledgment of this by the characters and concern that maybe some of their allies and contacts in the galaxy could be dead. And their alliance with Todd seems to be over now, completely reversing the advancements made in The Queen and is a pretty big setback in their campaign to defeat the Wraith.

In S4's The Seer, there was a great scene between Rodney and Sheppard where they discuss how their decision to reactivate the Replicators resulted in tens of thousands of humans being killed by Replicators. I think there really should have been a similar scene between Daniel and McKay, where they discuss how their decision to turn on the Attero device has unfortunately led to the deaths of thousands.

What did we get instead? Sheppard asking the Traveler women if Larrin ever talks about him, Keller turning down Ronon saying she's interested in someone else, and Daniel arguing with McKay about whether or not McKay was going to compliment him when Daniel thought he was dying.

I don't expect very intricate plots and huge twists out of Stargate, but I do expect some acknowledgment of the future ramifications of significant plot points by the characters when they do happen. But that's just me, and if I do re-watch this episode I'll probably just stop watching after the device is deactivated and leave the rest to my imagination.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                    That was because Michael Shanks was simply winging it...at least it felt that way. Maybe he read through the script and thought "oooh boy this is pretty bad...oh hell let's just have some fun with it"
                    There was one scene where McKay triggers a spark and claims that the Ancient safety protocols will open the door to evacuate out off, well, firstly why the aft door and not the front door?

Secondly, as Daniel and Rodney leave, why did Daniel do the that dorky walk? lol The "secret spy" walk. I thought it was strange if not slighty hilarious for it's so out of character. Daniel Jackson, a SG-1 member for so many years does not do that walk, he never did that walk so why start now? This and other odd balls made Daniel look simply weird.

Comment

rofl....i watch stargate cos it's just so fun to watch it it relaxes me when i see mckay and the rest struggle in pegasus and to be honest i don't care if the writers use old plots from SG and you cn't bring daniel to atlantis without bringing an old race from SG1 back what else is daniel gonna do just show mckay the lab and for the rest be a good boy and watch at the sidelines sorry but danny boy deserves a bit more fun and action...just be glad they didn't do a plot like sha're again

Comment

Fell asleep last night while watching this episode live. It was late, I was tired, I gave rating the episode a pass as I was asleep.

Fell asleep this morning while watching the taped version, round two. Wasn't tired this time, episode didn't keep my interest. Started to suspect the episode just wasn't doing anything for me.

Fell asleep this afternoon while trying to watch a third time. Was hyped up on caffeine and still couldn't stay awake. Tried to wake and rewind several times. OK. This time, I'll just say I didn't like this episode. I was rather disappointed in almost all of the story lines. Most of the characters seemed to be acting strangely.

What a waste of Shanks.

Maybe I'll try to watch again........when I need a nap

Comment

Erm.....whaaaaa?!

So those aliens are Asgards and they are not like Thor at all - more like Loki. That was a nice twist and , for me at least since I stayed, unspoiled, unexpected. I am still miffed about the fact that the Asgards had their own Ragnarok and blew themselves up. I loved Thor, Heimdall and the others. I really dislike the Ancients by now but I always loved the Asgards, so it was nice to see that maybe some of the people from the race are still alive. Hey, who knows maybe they have clones for Thor and the others also on that hellish planet. What I didn't like at all, was the fact that SGA didn't even try to form a friendship/partnership with that lost tribe and Woolsey just ordered the facility to be blown up. These are Asgards for goodness sake and I am sure that together they would have found a way to get them off the planet and solve the Wraith problem. I don't think that the whole lot thinks like that one leader. I am sure there are also wise and gentle Asgards there like Freya or Thor in that lost tribe.

The way both Zalenka and John survived the big explosion of the Stargate unscathed made little to no sense. Zalenka wasn't hurt at all and John got a few pieces of glass in his skin. I know that we are not supposed to expect realism in shows like Stargate and I really am not, but that was as ridiculous as any James Bond movie in which James survives explosions without a scratch. This was a huge explosion and it would have been nice if John had needed an emergency surgery or something with Teyla being forced into action. Instead the poor woman became again the Invisible Woman.

The travellers: The leader looks like a model and John behaves like an idiot and kirks around. The main engineer is some kid, that is even younger then wesley and even less believable and more annoying. Was Martin Gero drunk when he wrote that part of the story? Just awful.

The whole rebuilding of the main room and getting a new Stargate seemed too convenient and fast. They repaired the damage as if it was just a little window that was broken. Not that all the main consoles including the Stargate were bust. What was the point of destroying the main section of the tower? Was there a point at all?

Danny and Rodney...wtf? I think Michael Shanks was just winging it because he totally behaved OoC. Daniel never acted like that. It felt to me as if Michael read through the script and thought "oooh boy this sucks badly...oh well let's just have some fun with it and get it over with" -_- The whole Todd part of the story was unbelievably bad. For one thing, Cadwell went completely MIA in the second part. He is the acting commander of the Daedalus yet he was not in charge of getting the ship back. He was simply not there. The whole story itself just sucked. Ronon acted like some gorilla with a gun and Todd just went away. Just like that....how unsatisfying was that? Those ships from the Asgards simply blew up after being hit a couple of times by an elderly ship from the Travellers? Riiight. We are talking about Asgards here, the little guys that have more advanced technology and knowledge at the disposal then any other living race - one of the original four races that protected this part of the universe and a little ramshackle ship is able to blow an Asgard ship up....no comment.

Everything about the second part felt rushed and half-cooked. Not a single story line was decently resolved.

Like I have often said, it frustrates me to no end that the writers from SGA come up with decent and better then decent story lines and plot ideas but when it comes to executing those ideas they fail on all levels. This last season has a lot of potential of being great but a lot of opportunities go to waste or story lines are poorly used.

I can't help it, but I was disappointed and I am sure if I watch the episode again I could point out more stuff. On the whole another half-arsed episode...why am I still upset about the fact that those writers simply can't get it right. Maybe because I care too much for the characters. -_-
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

though I happen to agree that SGA lacks "originality" I will say this. "Original" is an over used word. There is no such thing as "originality" becuase every idea is sparked by another idea.

SGA's issue IMHO is the lack of quality writing and obvious use of plot devices and blatant plot holes...Like whatever happened to Caldwell? There one minute and gone the next.

The rehashing of old scripts is obvious because the rehash is so obvious. The originality illusion falls apart when it's so poorly rehashed it's like watching an old episode of another show.

There is nothing wrong with rehashing a script but it needs to be done with a change in formula. So the script from before isn't obvious. not just putting new characters to read old lines and changing a few techno words.

SGA also needs to stay clear of reusing the same alien races. Yes, every sci fi show as AI. Instead of replicators in pegasus it would have been better if the race of computer based intelligance was either more primative or hybrid with the wraith.

The writters could have introduced a race of ground dwellers that were more humaniod, even canables. Or an advanced underwater race with huge ships and cities...Underwater.

Or a race of advanced repltiles that hopefully didn't look like a guy in a lizard suit.

There were a number of races in SG-1 that could have carried over...like the Nox, Furlings, mystery race of the week.

Lots of lost potential with SGA.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Pfft theres an outsider in nearly every Sci fi show.
                              Stargate Sg1- Vala - Teal'c
                              SGA-Ronon Teyla
                              Star Trek Voyager-seven of nine- neelix
                              Farscape-Crichton
                              Star Trek Enterprise- T'Pol
                              Seriously theres at least 5 more shows I could of stated but you get the point.
                              Tst

Comment

I came here expecting to see a ton of priase for this episode, and I am extremely surprised to see how many people didnt like it. I am not exagerating when I say I felt this was the best 2 parter of the series. What many episodes are lacking lately is the many stories within the big story. The way the writers intertwined ALL of the characters into having their own dilema was amazing. On top of that, many of the characters had an in depth look into their character, and its interaction with the others. In theh 80 minutes they had to work with, there was a ton of information thrown at you, and it didnt feel rushed, and all made sense in the end. Even the supporting actors (and Michael Shanks) were able to keep their characters as part of the story. I will admit Teyla barely had any screen time, and Caldwell did not exist - but overall, did you notice once the action started?

To top that off, the writers found a clever way to bring back a much loved race, and reintroduce them as the enemy. A ton of backstory was also added as we learned the history of the new (or old) race, and what their interaction with the rest of the pegasus galaxy has been. I see many people complaining that the asgard went down without a fight, and my argument there is that they are not the same race that we were friends with in SG-1. They are from a different galaxy. Their technology is not as advanced, as was explained. They put ALL of their efforts into finding a way to slow or stop the degredation of their cloning techniques, which is a perfect example of why they are not technologically advanced in ANY other area. They built their protection suits, their facility, and got to work. I also dont think we have seen the end of them yet..

In short, I thought these 2 episodes were written very well, and are a perfect example of why this show is being taken off the air prematurely. I was on the edge of my seat through both of th episodes, and in a long time, these are the first 2 I actually watched a 2nd time just for the pure entertainment of it.
                                Last edited by wireman121; 11 October 2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X