This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode!

The whole parts with Keller and Ronon on the Daedalus reminded me a lot of DS9 towards the end with Worf and Ezri prisoners on that ship, and also the Bashir-Worf-Ezri triangle (rodney, ronon, keller).

Anyone got that vibe?

Also, when Daniel put his helmet on before going into that deadly room, you could see his helmet was far from being safely attached to the suit, it was just cheesy.
    Last edited by metabog; 11 October 2008, 02:59 AM.
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      idiotic and badly written episode
      which what you say about every episode
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        He/she doesn't actually.

First off, I loved the ep but it didn’t quite live up to my expectations

Fab things:
        1. Teyla searching for John
        2. John protecting Zelenka!
        3. Glass in back *cough*should have been worse though*cough*
        4. Shirtless shep! Literally left me gobsmacked for the rest of the ep
        5. Todd and Woolsey
        6. Daniel's chat with the Asgard
        7. Daniel and Rodney finding the suits
        8. Ronon swinging upside down
        9. Shep coming up with hyperdrive solution
        10. Keller finally making a decision and not stringing people along

Un-fab things:
        1. Leaving Teyla behind again
        2. Not enough Teyla
        3. Waaay too much Keller
        4. Keller's hair suddenly being straight (I have no idea what happened in that scene or the one after when it was curley again cos all I was thinking about was whats going on with her hair *cough*and shirtless Shep *cough*
        5. Where the hell was Caldwell
        6. Larrin I haven't minded her in the past but Shep was just a schoolboy over her here
        7. Keller's decision (unless it turns out to be Todd she's interested in)
        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Well this ep started of so great...With Teyla shouting for John, how she was so worried...And the scene in the infirmary and then.....My fears were confirmed, she gets left on Atlantis while the others go save the galaxy I swear I don't even know why they keep her there any more...Well at least TPTB have found a way to not write for Teyla, just keep her on Atlantis

I don't know why I even bother any more, I so wish they would just write her out of the show and be done with it because it's very clear they don't want her there, they don't want to write for her...So please put me out of my misery and do it already

I've had enough....I'm sick of Teyla being almost constantly ignored time and time again.......

I'M DONE
          sigpic

Comment

As a single episode I found it to be pretty entertaining (not as good as First Contact though), but as part of the entire season it exemplifies how much Teyla has been tossed aside in favor of Keller, who I think should be much more of a background character.
            It REALLY made me miss the TEAM of the past.
            In a way, though, to look on the bright side, I won't miss Atlantis quite as much as I would have otherwise, since what I once enjoyed so much about the show (Teaminess) is being diminished significantly as the season progresses.

Comment

The only thing i would have liked to have seen was a better speech made by daniel to the asgard.

Something with the same dramatic effect as when oneil first met the asgard in 'fifth race'.

It would have been great if daniel had offically told the asgard that we have been given the title of the 'fifth race' and could help them to rebuild their civilisation but if they continue down this path of wiping out humans by the 1000's then we will be forced to intervein to stop them from destroying their own race by becoming mosters.

Ie, it would be cool if he made a big deal out of it, made it sound like the fifth race is powerful and they shouldnt mess with us.
              SPACE MACGYVER!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Well, I'm loving this season so far. Out of the 11 episodes I only didn't like 4 which is a good ratio.

So, awesome conclusion for the amazing previous episode. Unfourtanetly I ran into the asgard spoiler before seeing the episode, so that didn't came as a suprise, but it was still cool. And I just love the asgards, it doesn't matter if they mean and evil. I hope we gotta see them later on. (maybe in movies??)

The Daniel-Rodney interactions were still on full force. Rodney thinking Danny was a gonner, discussing diversion 101, then Daniel's pep talk outside the chamber, just hillarious. But my favourite had to be this one at the end:
                Daniel: So you can only give compliments to the dieing?
                Rodney: It's something I'm working on.

Just made me lol.

I didn't know the travellers would show up so that was a pleasant suprise. Although the whole engineering room and the young mechanic had a Firefly feel to it as others mentioned it before. It was still funny though with Zelenka and the oversensitive radiation sensors.

more stuff I loved:
                - Rodney saying: „I did not see that comming” about the asgard reveal.
                - half-naked Sheppard sitting on the infirmary bed while the nurse is taking out the glass fragments from his back – I know, I'm that shallow

The hyperspace jump through the planet remendid me of the episode, Fail Safe. So I guess they could have thought of something else, but that just nipticking, and it did looked cool.

Oh, and where the hell was Teyla? I mean I know she was back on Atlantis, but really, what for? Obviously the writers just didn't find her anything to do, well whatever...

And on a final note, Ronon really haven't been shown in the best light in this episode, I mean I know he likes to blow things up, but I'm not sure it was the best way to go now. But I'm glad the love triangle ended, and that Rodney will get the girl!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Um not all the Asgard died
                  And they've still got a planet full of them somewhere in the Pegasus.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
                    Considering that they're all clones, I find it more difficult to believe that so many thought differently from the group.
                    Cloning is something different. Character and personality are shaped by environment (surroundings)
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I find that a little difficult to argue Kvasir, Thor, and Hermiod all thought and acted the same way. The only way to tell them apart - even in character - was by their voices, as noted by Daniel to Vala in SG1. Speech, mannerisms, philosophy, and physical being were all the same. With the minor exception of Loki, all Asgard characters were psychologically and literally clones of each other.
                      So what you're saying is "except for the times when they act different, they all act the same" right?

There have been numerous studies on twins thinking both alike and opposite one another. However, thinking alike is far more common for obvious reasons.
                      You find it hard to believe because it's less likely?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        it's not my fault that SGA is idiotic show
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, I haven't logged on here in a LONG time:
                          Welcome, shaqarava.
                          You last visited: February 17th, 2007 at 12:34 AM

LOL, anyway, I thought the episode was meh.

Only thing I liked were the Asgard, but that's a personal preference. However i can definitely agree with those people who think that the reintroduction of the Asgard was a bad move at recycling SG1 material, it's just that the Asgard are so awesome . I loved how they kept the Asgard tune as the commander was getting out of the suit though, reminded me of O'neill's first encounter with them. But anyway, at one point I thought that at the end when the Daedalus would be retaken that Daniel would give the Asgard access to their brethren's database or perhaps some mutual ground to build up some sort of relationship, instead Woolsey orders the facility to be blown up along with those 2 poor Asgard presumably still lying on the floor, I bet they'll be pissed when they enter their new bodies. But I think it'll be more interesting to see Asgard as antagonists, unlike Todd.

I didn't like how they left Todd unresolved, just flying off like that, obviously leaving it open for future material but they've left it open for him to become an antagonist, which I don't like. You can argue Todd is still a Wraith blah blah, and how he's a much more better character as a recurring villain. Bottom like is, our perception for Todd has been built up on him being a sort of anti-hero, hell he was willing to entertain the idea of that genetic modification thingy that Keller's working on. I just preferred Todd, not necessarily as a good guy, but someone we could rely on cos that's how his character has been built up, it's a relationship of mutual gain.

Didn't care about the Traveller's, I only respect and have interest in advanced civilizations . But yeah, other than those two main points the episode wasn't particularly as good a follow up to First Contact, but then again most part 2's never are.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            it's not my fault that SGA is idiotic show
                            By god, it would be nice if you actually gave a reason to why it is an idiotic show.

Comment

I see several other people have already commented on things I noticed.

Like Caldwell disappearing after he, Woolsey and Keller greeted the Wraith when they came aboard the Daedelus. What? He got stuck in a lift somewhere with no way of communicating with anybody? And then everybody forgot about him?

The under-use of Teyla. I understand that somebody needed to stay behind and in charge of Atlantis. I don't know who else could really have done it, but she looked so disappointed. Though, to be fair, Shephard did leave her in charge in "Adrift" when he left the base with McKay, Weir and Ronon to go off to the replicator world.

I did appreciate that they've finally given Keller some spirit. Liked the way she grabbed that weapon and started shooting wraith without a thought. And it was pretty brave of her to turn herself in to the wraith so Ronon could run around loose on the ship.

I liked how Shep created a hyperspace window right in front of the Daedelus and both ships jumped through it, thereby saving the Daedelus.

I enjoyed seeing Daniel in these two episodes, but somehow he seemed overly cheerful and flippant throughout (I'm sure he was really happy to be on Atlantis again and doing some kind of research). But I also feel that he's talking even faster than ever. And he talked so fast at times I couldn't even understand what he was saying. Frustrating. I wanted to say "Take a deep breath, Daniel. Now slow down and speak intelligibly."

So if our team and Todd run into each other again, who thinks they'll forgive him for what he tried to do to the team and Daedelus?

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                Cloning is something different. Character and personality are shaped by environment (surroundings)
                                Thats up for debate. People have been arguing for years if its our genes or our enviroment that define who we are.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X