Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else notice the darker minor-key version of the Fifth Race Asgard theme that played when the Asgard Commander stepped out of his suit? What a great throwback in a great episode!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Um not all the Asgard died
      Yes, as obviously pointed out by the equally obvious plot device. Nothing ever "dies" in sci-fi. The writers can bring back whatever they want, whenever they want. The Asgard did die, they just didn't stay dead because the writers wanted them back for some odd reason.

Comment

One of there ships clearly escaped into hyperspace though... An on screen indication that they didn't die.

Comment

That's only another lesson in Plot Devices 101. Whether or not they're still alive is beside the point. They were abused; end of story.

Comment

Was anyone else kinda upset we did not get to see "more" of sheppard while he was shirtless?

Comment

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
              I wish they had made it more meaningful too. I almost thought and was kind of hoping for Daniel to die. Daniel is my favorite Stargate character of all-time but the music and tone of the scene when he got hurt seemed to suggest a little more than the Asgard beam bailout. Honestly if he had died I would hate it but this episode would be much more important if it had happened. Did any of that make sense?
              Yeah, I get what you're saying. I was almost half hoping he would die too.... but then I realized A: the writers aren't that stupid... they wouldn't kill off a main character of SG-1 on SGA, and B: I would've been one of the fans who'd have been complaining and cursing TPTB for that very same reason.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              I enjoyed it, but personally, I think that when GW dropped the bomb with the Asgard showing up, it kinda ruined it, since I already knew it was coming.

Seriously, why would they want to take one of the biggest spoilers of Season 5 and ruin for the fans without even airing the ep yet?!
              I'm so glad I didn't see them... [/rubbing it in your face]

(Sorry. )

Jelgate’s Two Cents

Spoiler:

In some ways I was impressed with the Lost Tribe and in other ways I was disappointed. I will say that it was a solid episode but I really don’t think it raised the bar then much then it’s previous. I’ve just gotten used to part two always being better then part one. Too me both episodes were on par with one another. Todd and Asgard, what more can you ask for?

I really did not expect the control room to be that damage I expected a level similar to the damage that we experienced in The Return. But in my opinion that control room was a lot worse this time. It looks almost everything was toast. I wonder what will be the excuse why the control room will instantly fixed in Outsiders.

Good old Todd is just as crafty as ever. But isn’t anyone else worried that he now knows the location of Atlantis not to mention he had access to our whole database. Who knows the repercussions of delicate information like that in the hands of the Wraith? Speaking of Todd, I have always loved how he will easily switch. It seems like just yesterday that the expedition and Todd were walking together and know he is threading to kill the crew of the Daedalus. I just loved him negotiating with Sheppard. He knew what he wanted and how he was going to get it. It’s just not something you would see from the average Wraith. The average Wraith would run in and start attacking Atlantis.

Excuse me while I take a stroll down memory lane. For it has been a long time since I have seen moral Daniel and one his huge rants. I find it refreshing to see him go on how wrong it for the evil Asgards to be killing humans. I know that’s kind of stating the obvious but it’s just nice to have a return to classic Stargate. The armored Asgard was so cold when he said they are acceptable losses. To me, that’s what makes or breaks. How cruel a person can. Any actor can read a line to say kill them all but the tone like in this episode really makes the villain seem like a threat. If it wasn’t all the people abusing the spoiler tags here I never would have seen the next scene coming. But it was still great to see those little gray guys.

An interesting backstory on the lost tribe of Asgard. You would think that the Ancients would have been aware of their presence during the war with the Wraith. They seemed a little arrogant when Daniel mentioned that all the other Asgard has been killed. Look we have made advancements in our genetic problems and we are still alive. I thought the protection suits were just for mobility and to disguise themselves from Daniel and McKay. I guess it would make sense but I find it odd that the Wraith wouldn’t be able to detect them in a poisonous atmosphere especially if the Wraith already knew about the Asgard’s existence.

I’m a little disappointed that TPTB chose to give Teyla the job of watching Atlantis while Sheppard and Zelenka got to go to the Asgard planet. She had so much potential in the beginning of the episode its a big disappoint that they chose to leave her behind while Sheppard and Zelenka got to play on a cool Traveler’s ship/ This has the most detailed look we have ever gotten from a Travelers ship. I have seen some pretty big pieces of junk in years but the Travelers ship takes the case. It reminds of my high school days when you see someone pull into the parking lot with those rusted cars with the loud motors. And I would always think to myself how it is even possible to be driving one of those things. That was my thought when I saw the ship so apparently I have the same mindset as Zelenka. But it was still awesome to see a ship that is vastly different then the ones we are use to in the Stargate universe

Ronon and Keller give me a headache but at the same time make an interesting duo. How unrealistic is it that he was able to open a bulkhead door. I'm sorry, I don't care how strong Ronon is but that is impossible. I did get a chuckle of Ronon randomly shooting control crystals to sabotage the Daedalus. Even though it was a stupid idea I was impressed on Keller turning herself in. The Keller of Missing never would have been brave enough to do that. On the other she should have been smart enough to listen to Ronon. I did think her rescue by Ronon was a good choreographed. How many times do we get to see a human hang from the ceiling?

The CGI battle was mildly disappointing. After seeing such a good CGI entrance by the Asgard in FC I was disappointed in this battle. It was hard at times to tell who the Travelers were and who were the Asgard.

Since Daniel and McKay were able to fit in the Asgard's body armor, I am wondering if maybe the evil Asgard didn't create the armor in first place. It’s not like we (the fans) have seen anything like it before. I wonder if the Ancients or some other advanced race created the suits. Speaking of the evil Asgard, I wonder if taking the Attero device's key with them will have any consequences with expedition in the near future. Why must Daniel always be the one who gets hurt? I thought it would have been better to see McKay tell Daniel what to do while he was in extreme pain

As said before Todd is still a crafty one but I wonder with him trying to destroy the Daedalus by ramming it into the Ancient outpost will turn him from a gray man into an enemy. However I thought the plan to save the Daedalus from a rather creative one. I didn't know you could extend to hyperdrive to include two ships. Things like that are rare blessings in Stargate.

Ah the conclusion scene. Nothing that was too shocking in here. I already guessed that the Daedalus would fetch a space gate and that their would be an unexplained way on how we can prevent the Asgard from bypassing the shield. The Ronon/Keller scene made me nauseous. We does Stargate continue to ship when it’s clearly not one of their strong points. The very end scene kind bring everything together for me Daniel and McKay started arguing in the start of FC and that’s how TLT ended.
              I know... I said I was too lazy to post here... I lied.

Um not all the Asgard died
              Oh good, I was worried for a minute there.... I didn't think they all died either, but I wasn't sure.

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
              Yes, as obviously pointed out by the equally obvious plot device. Nothing ever "dies" in sci-fi. The writers can bring back whatever they want, whenever they want. The Asgard did die, they just didn't stay dead because the writers wanted them back for some odd reason.
              1. There is a perfectly logical explanation for how they weren't all killed in this episode: I think that one Asgard told Daniel that this was just an outpost and that not the whole "tribe" was on that planet.
              2. The writers wanted them back because, like most of the fans, they like the Asgard. And IMO, since they aren't the Asgard we know and love, I'm not disappointed they brought them back. Yes, they're back, but with a good excuse and a new twist.

I find it quite realistic that not all the Asgard would have the same views as "our" Asgard. I mean, I did find it odd way back when with Loki being the only one who thought differently. I think it makes sense that there would have been at least one group or faction that decided to split off from the main group.
              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Oh! And I have to say how disappointed I was about Caldwell completely vanishing.... Where the heck was he? If they couldn't get Mitch Pileggi for this episode, they could have thrown in a "Col. Caldwell sustained minor injuries" or something. Instead... he's just gone.

I miss him. ()

sigpic

Comment

Mitch was busy filming Sons of Anarchy where he plays a racist biker dude!!

Todd most likely stuck Caldwell in another room away from the rest of the crew!! If he was smart!
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

If the Asgard knew about the Ancient's war with the Wraith, why didn't they offer their assistance as per the alliance of the four great races? Lead Asgard Dude (LAD) seemed to indicate that the Asgard were aware of it, and that's why they sought refuge in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyce109 View Post
                      So we find out that the lost tribe are actually Pegasus Asgard, even though it was leaked a while ago. We also find out that these Asgard are like Loki, reckless and careless only caring for there own kind. But to the point come on they are suppose to be advanced and two of there ships got blown up from a traveler ship come on. This brings me back to Be All My Sins Remember'd when they attacked all the Asuran ships. To me this is crazy we even saw what a traveler ship looks like and it still could kick the Asgard's ass come on whats up with that?????

remember, they seperated from the other asgards over 10000 years ago so they proboly wouldnt be as advanced as our asgards. also since they were focused on fixing their genetic problems they might not have focused so much on advancement. and also, the fact that they are scared of the wraith when they seem to have quite a few ships would indicate that they are far less advanced than our asgards because if they had several 304 like ships powered by nutrino ion generators 1 of their ships could proboly destroy many hives.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post

I find it quite realistic that not all the Asgard would have the same views as "our" Asgard. I mean, I did find it odd way back when with Loki being the only one who thought differently. I think it makes sense that there would have been at least one group or faction that decided to split off from the main group.
                        Considering that they're all clones, I find it more difficult to believe that so many thought differently from the group.

Comment

Considering that they're all clones, I find it more difficult to believe that so many thought differently from the group.
                          But they're not all clones of the same person.... they each have their own unique personalities. Only their bodies are copies. Their consciousness' are the originals, just moved from one cloned body to another. Right? Or am I remembering something wrong...?

Besides, they could have separated before the cloning had become a problem. It could have been way back when the cloning was still relatively new. They never specified how long ago they separated... did they? I'll admit I don't have the best memory, but it made sense to me...

sigpic

Comment

That's one way to look at it. Do you find it difficult to accept twins acting independently of each other and having differing thoughts and views? Twins have almost identical genetic structures. I, personally, believe that there is more to an individual than the sum of his genetics.

Computers can have the exact same hardware layout, yet one of them can break before another. If you program them with different software, they are very capable of acting differently than the other. And computers are not sentient.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                              If the Asgard knew about the Ancient's war with the Wraith, why didn't they offer their assistance as per the alliance of the four great races? Lead Asgard Dude (LAD) seemed to indicate that the Asgard were aware of it, and that's why they sought refuge in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                              i still dont know we dont actively seek out the knox...
                              Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              pefft the next ep the gate room will be fine

it will take place 2-3 months since this ep
                              ugggh what a cop out... I can understand the Asurans rebuilding the gate room as it was because they are robots with achient knowledge and what not but we should not be able to fix the gate room like it was.

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                              The young girl working in engineering on the Traveller ship reminded me of Jewel's character on Firefly.
                              i loved this and hope to see her back in every episode of tv i ever watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                                [COLOR="DarkGreen"]But they're not all clones of the same person.... they each have their own unique personalities. Only their bodies are copies. Their consciousness' are the originals, just moved from one cloned body to another. Right? Or am I remembering something wrong...?
                                I find that a little difficult to argue Kvasir, Thor, and Hermiod all thought and acted the same way. The only way to tell them apart - even in character - was by their voices, as noted by Daniel to Vala in SG1. Speech, mannerisms, philosophy, and physical being were all the same. With the minor exception of Loki, all Asgard characters were psychologically and literally clones of each other.

Besides, they could have separated before the cloning had become a problem. It could have been way back when the cloning was still relatively new. They never specified how long ago they separated... did they? I'll admit I don't have the best memory, but it made sense to me...
                                Since both factions ended up in the exact same physical form, that's pushing it.

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                                That's one way to look at it. Do you find it difficult to accept twins acting independently of each other and having differing thoughts and views? Twins have almost identical genetic structures. I, personally, believe that there is more to an individual than the sum of his genetics.
                                There have been numerous studies on twins thinking both alike and opposite one another. However, thinking alike is far more common for obvious reasons.

Computers can have the exact same hardware layout, yet one of them can break before another. If you program them with different software, they are very capable of acting differently than the other. And computers are not sentient.
                                Only because you added another variable in the form of someone in the third person. You broke your own equation.

Comment

Working...
                                X