This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    i was pretty disappointed, i was expecting a BRAND NEW enemy, instead we got the asgard, sure, different asgard but still fracking asgard. they re-used the idea of big object going towards planet, hyperdrive it through planet. Now dont get me wrong, the episode was good, but definitely not season two-parter material. Personally, im very glad that the show is being canceled and going to the movies, SG1 s9 and 10 were very bad save for a few exceptions but the movies are awesome, i love them, so hopefully the atlantis movies will deliver just as good. But honestly, what is it with the writers? their shows are good the first 2 years they are up (assuming you count season 6 a new start) and then it slowly degrades. major recasting hurt SG1 (no more oniell, no more hammond, vala and mitchell everywhere, etc) and it has now hurt SGA (no ford, no more weir...i liked carter in command, but not more carter, now it is woolsey) SGA definitely had better replacements, but it was still digging the grave site.....also, do not get me wrong i know that the cut of the characters was because most of the actors either had other projects (sanctuary) or just wanted time with their families (RDA and, R.I.P, Don Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
      I find that a little difficult to argue Kvasir, Thor, and Hermiod all thought and acted the same way. The only way to tell them apart - even in character - was by their voices, as noted by Daniel to Vala in SG1. Speech, mannerisms, philosophy, and physical being were all the same. With the minor exception of Loki, all Asgard characters were psychologically and literally clones of each other.

Since both factions ended up in the exact same physical form, that's pushing it..
      While they have seemed similar, they did have different personalities, and as has been said, only their bodies were cloned, they were not all clones of the same Asgard. Personally speaking, I could always tell the different Asgard apart when they spoke, not only through their voices, but also through their dialogue.

There have been numerous studies on twins thinking both alike and opposite one another. However, thinking alike is far more common for obvious reasons.
      It's actually a rather subjective answer, since technically speaking, even normal brothers and sisters are only marginally different, genetically speaking. Yet, despite their closely similar DNA, siblings often have very different personalities and mindsets. So I have no problem with there being Asgard of a radically different mindset.

Comment

I find that a little difficult to argue Kvasir, Thor, and Hermiod all thought and acted the same way. The only way to tell them apart - even in character - was by their voices, as noted by Daniel to Vala in SG1. Speech, mannerisms, philosophy, and physical being were all the same. With the minor exception of Loki, all Asgard characters were psychologically and literally clones of each other.
        No. Kvasir was cowardly while Thor never hesitates to sacrifice himself (Daniel complained in one episode that he misses Thor after dealing with Kvasir). Meanwhile, Hermiod was snarky and Heimdall was kind of goofy. There are differences in personality amongst the Asgard.

Comment

There have been numerous studies on twins thinking both alike and opposite one another. However, thinking alike is far more common for obvious reasons.

Only because you added another variable in the form of someone in the third person. You broke your own equation.
          I disagree. I've seen studies on both, and I would say that neither is the more common result. That's kinda the point, the uniqueness of the individual. Some think alike; others don't.

Third person? Are you referring to the programmer? No equation was broken. In this case, the software represents different outlooks, different programming caused by hardware clones being separated and experiencing different life events. The result is different "programming," different learned responses to circumstances. You can argue nature vs. nurture all you like. Neither has proven to be correct or more definitive. So, assuming that nature wins out is just that, an assumption not substantiated by facts. I believe in neither nature or nurture. My belief is that people are far more complicated than genetics or psychology gives them credit for.

Comment

Spoilers for the episode

Should I even fane surprise at the destruction of yet another ancient warship? Other than that this was a really brilliant episode.
            sigpic
            If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
            I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

nice episode
              sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

I think it was worse than First Contact. I didn't like :

- Ronon began to shot the consoles
                - The relationship with Todd wasn't solved
                - The new Asgard leader didn't get an own name
                - I waited more Asgard related mythology
                - Daniel didn't mention they have an Asgard core, maybe this can be a reason why will be the new Asgards hostile later
                - They let the Asgard die in the labs
                - The young Traveler engineer wasn't funny at all
                - Janus's lab will be forgotten in the next episodes
                - Teyla was written out from the story

So I can give 7/10 point only.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wonder why Jill Wagner was not able to reprise her role for this episode. She's barely working.

Comment

idiotic and badly written episode
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Jelgate’s Two Cents

but at the same time make an interesting duo. How unrealistic is it that he was able to open a bulkhead door. I'm sorry, I don't care how strong Ronon is but that is impossible
                      I was under the impression that the Wraith opened the door.
                      I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

I'm sorry. What was that? Who was Ronon supposed to be in this episode exactly? Some moron running loose on the ship with an obscenely powerful weapon, gleefully blowing up control panels that may or may not be life-support?

The look of horror and terror on Keller's face was mirrored by my own when he began to trash the engineering room.

When she ran into the elevator I wanted to cheer her on, tell her to get as far away as fast as she could.

Seriously?
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. I was indifferent about Keller...she was blushing and getting all shy when people talked about Ronan, then she tells him she likes this other guy after kind of letting him do stuff for her. That's cold! McKay was his funny self, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Amakusa View Post
                            I was under the impression that the Wraith opened the door.
                            They were, that's why right when the door opened and Ronan said something the 2 wraith were facing him shooting. Then again Todd was wondering what was happening to hyperdrive. He should have known they were going to destroy the hyperdrive unless he got too cocky and thought 2 wraith could take him out knowing he would try everything to open the door. Ronan was like rambo in this episode...anyway it's obvious Ronan did not open the door...i mean the door opened all the way and to open the door the Ronan way would mean it slowly moves open, instead of opens automatically. Could also be one of those "side effects" from the Atero device...all we knew was the gates, it could be other things like ships too.
                            Last edited by O'Neill is funny; 11 October 2008, 01:33 AM.

Comment

It seems the majority of the people here, were disappointed with this episode . I am wondering why are they taking only the American Poll? Can't wait to watch this episode.

Comment

i really enjoyed this episode

did anyone else besides me laugh when daniel jackson got electrocuted?

Considering that they're all clones, I find it more difficult to believe that so many thought differently from the group.
                                can you say defect?
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X