This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
    I didn't say they were at war for 10,000 years I was saying they just fight and kill. I also didn't say they liked it, I just said that's all they've known.
    You said it's all they've known for 10000 years, that would insinuate they've been at it during that time. And younger Wraith wouldn't know war, they would only know waking up every now and again and feeding on someone. They're used to killing like a butcher is.

Comment

The difference between the wraith and us is the entire human population hasn't been engaged in murder and war only portion. The Wraith's existence is based solely off murder.
      They murder humans for sustenance. We murder cows, chickens, pigs, etc for sustenance.

And to be fair, we've probably killed more of our own on our own world than the Wraith have culled in the past 10,000 years.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I obviously didn't think out what I said so I concede to basically everyone else.

Comment

The difference between the wraith and us is the entire human population hasn't been engaged in murder and war only portion. The Wraith's existence is based solely off murder.
          "Murder" is a moral construct that the Wraith exist above. Morality is irrelevant in this case. They kill to survive. All living things kill to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by sae1969 View Post
            What an episode! One scene that really struck me was the conversation between Keller and Todd.

"What would we do?"
            "What would we be"

Those are two very frightening questions to answering the question of redefining a person's entire identity!
            Forget about a person's identity how about an entire race's. They've only known war and killing for 10,000 years. What would they do without that?

Exactly. As a Wraith fan, I WANT them to find a way for the Wraith to coexist with humans - or, at the very least, for a reason not to kill them all the time. I'd like to see them become something like the Klingons (before they got too wussy) - occasional allies, but still very much a threat if you rub them the wrong way. However, I don't want to see the Wraith lose their identity - and that identity is everything they are - their appearance, their regeneration abilities, their longevity, their food supply. They have been hunters all of their lives - since the time they were Iratus bugs. This is all they know. They are not farmers, or carpenters, or entertainers. They are Wraith. To change that would be too much.

But to not change...well, that would mean their death.

Ugh. I loved this episode, but it was very upsetting from this Wraith fan's POV.

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
              "Murder" is a moral construct that the Wraith exist above. Morality is irrelevant in this case. They kill to survive. All living things kill to survive.
              Not true, though I agree with the rest of your argument

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Not true, though I agree with the rest of your argument
                Oh yes jenks, plants kill, they just do it quietly so you don't know about it.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

anyone like this episode so much you're watching it again now?

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Oh yes jenks, plants kill, they just do it quietly so you don't know about it.
                    Oh, so you saw that ****ty movie by M. Night Shamalamalan or whatever the hell is name is too?

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Oh, so you saw that ****ty movie by M. Night Shamalamalan or whatever the hell is name is too?
                      Unfortunately.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

What movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          Yup .

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

I am and I'm going to watch it again tomorrow at least 2 more times. I wouldn't want to miss any vital reasearch I need to make note of for future reference.....
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              What movie?
                              You're better off not knowing.

But in case you REALLY want to know.

Spoiler:
                              The Happening.

Comment

According to one source, 160 million people died in wars during the 20th century. That's not including all the murders that happened during that time. Humans are very violent to one another...and not because they need to eat them in order to survive, but humans kill out of greed and hate and a lust for power.

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X