This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
    One of the best episodes ever. Yes, why is Atlantis being cancelled and why could they not have a plot like this earlier in the series?
    I keep asking myself the same question...why the hell are they cancelling?? I look forward to every new episode with bittersweet anticipation knowing that we are getting that closer to having no new episodes....and my favorite night of TV..Friday...will be no more.

Comment

So the new bad guys wear body armor, live on an ice planet, and possibly can't survive our atmosphere, they're the freaking Breen. My guess is they wanted the device for the side effect it had on stargates.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

what was that uber stun stick thing todd used???
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

That blast at the end should have left everyone in the gate room blind for life. That much energy contained in that shield would give off a light so bright it would instantly burn the retinas of anyone nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
            You knew the device's critical side-effect before Rodney even explained it? I doubt it.
            I didnt say I knew the devices side-effect, however typical Atlantis scenario's point to some kind of horrendous effect. Seeing as how the typical trailer showed the tower windows being blown out by an explosion, I figured the reaction from the device must blow something up, cause the trailer would have you believe that Todd blew it up.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil View Post
              1. When the unknown alien ship passed thru the shield, Shepperd said to get the jumpers in the air, right? Now after all the time that passed by, (the aliens jumping in, passing through the many levels of flooring, grabbing Daniel and Rodney, then leaving) there were no jumpers in the air.

2. Every time that Shepperd and his team came up on one of those aliens, they hesitated and waited until the aliens raised the shield for the transporter through the floor, and their own personal shield.

3. When Todd the wraith (I think thats his name) saw that the other hives had exploded, he slid that weird device down his sleeve and started acting like he was getting ready to retaliate, but yet Woolsy and the rest of the bunch stood there and did nothing. All those armed personnel, yet no one acted.

Ok, im done.
              1. I believe he said to get Jumpers on stand by and not actually get them in the air.

2. They had no idea who those aliens were and didn't even know if they were hostile. Not the best idea to make first contact with your gun.

3. Hmmm good point, but I'm guessing that they wanted to try to tell Todd "Hey, we didn't betray you!"

Comment

Biggest Question will be, can we convince Todd that it wasnt us and to help us defeat the new bad guys. The Premiere for the next episode showed the deadelus falling in the atmosphere of a planet, Probably the bad guys planet.
                Dont think they the bad guys though, I think Janus set an alarm in the secret lab to alert another secret base that someone activated the atero device and janus created some androids to protect the atero device. Maybe they thought that the device got into the wraiths hands, and since atlantis was supposed to be abandoned they were ordered by janus if the device's tracking device was ever activated that they must retrieve it, and destroy the wraith. I cant believe atlantis lost there gate. Did zalenka and shepherd survive? How much of there zpm was depleted holding back that naquadah plasma gate explosion. I hope the deadelus survives thats an awesome ship. How many gates will be wiped out b4 they shut the device off. Todd was one of the gr8test roles/actors/character of the show, they better not kill him off. Also I agree with whats is face, THIS WAS THE BEST EPISODE EVER. Reminds me of Lost City when we all saw it the first time. or when daniel ascended after the radiation killed him.

Best Episode Ever, Read Spoilers.

Jor El
                Last edited by Jor El; 26 September 2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
                  I don't think he is. He uses technology at his disposal almost as much as the next guy. He is, after all, a very intelligent computer scientist.
                  Then Todd is the exception to my own rule as well as my first. This new rule technically negates the other but let's not get into semantics.

Comment

1. When the unknown alien ship passed thru the shield, Shepperd said to get the jumpers in the air, right? Now after all the time that passed by, (the aliens jumping in, passing through the many levels of flooring, grabbing Daniel and Rodney, then leaving) there were no jumpers in the air.

2. Every time that Shepperd and his team came up on one of those aliens, they hesitated and waited until the aliens raised the shield for the transporter through the floor, and their own personal shield.

3. When Todd the wraith (I think thats his name) saw that the other hives had exploded, he slid that weird device down his sleeve and started acting like he was getting ready to retaliate, but yet Woolsy and the rest of the bunch stood there and did nothing. All those armed personnel, yet no one acted.

Ok, im done.
                    Fair enough, however, those are mere direction faults. The story itself remained intact even though it could've been done with a little more surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      So the new bad guys wear body armor, live on an ice planet, and possibly can't survive our atmosphere, they're the freaking Breen. My guess is they wanted the device for the side effect it had on stargates.
                      You're right! They're totally Breen except they speak English

Also, you might be on to something with them wanting to end gate travel, but I'm not sure what benefit they'd get from it.

Comment

IIRC Sheppard wanted the jumpers to intercept it, but by the time they'd have been ready it would have already been inside the shield. They don't want to blow it out of the sky and take half the city with it.

When do they ever shoot on site? They were waiting to see what it would do.

His hands were behind his back, IIRC.

Comment

What's going to happen when the SGC activates their gate? They use the gate all the time, and the Iris won't protect them from that kind of explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                            fantastic episode! the only downsight, we have to wait two weeks for part II.
                            Thanks, I didn't need to be reminded of that.

This was one great episode though. Daniel and McKay together were awesome, and these new "bad guys" were something else. I was so hoping the episode would end with revealing who they are, but, the ending we got was something else too. I really hope the next two weeks goes by fast.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

First Contact

After a decent episode last week we are given this episode. What can I say. One of the best Mid-season eps since "The Storm". The episode had that adventure and mystery feel. I loved how Daniel Jackson was back and trying to figure out secret passages and secret labs. I've always loved that with SG--1. The city of Atlantis is so big it was cool that they found this lab within Atlantis.

The character moments were really good in this ep. I loved the Daniel and Rodney chemistry. It brought two doctors from SG-1 and SGA and brought them together. It was just very well done that chemisty. Later on Sheppard telling Teyla to leave the gateroom. Reminded me of that moment back in "The Seige part 2" when Sheppard looks at Weir while ready to pilot the jumper on a suicide mission.

The episode kept you on the edge of your seat, wanting to know what was going to happen next. I gotta say I was surprised with how Todd turncoat. He thought Atlantis betrayed him, which meant he had no intentions of betraying Atlantis. That was a nice twist in the episode.

As per the new enemy, I really liked them. For two reasons. They have the technology and their identity is still very hidden and a mystery. There is more to them than just these beings in a suit. It sucks this show is cancelling, because I see a lot of opportunity with these new enemies since they are of advanced technology.

This is the episode that gets the A+ rating, and the episode you can watch over and over again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Over all it was a good ep. Loved seeing Daniel again. He does play well with McKay. Ah, poor insecure Rodney. What a change. Arrogant to insecure. Hmm, must be the writers forgot he's supposed to be self absorbed.

Anyways, there isn't much of a plot really. Mainly techno-babel and plot devices. The new radce in the series seems pretty blan...Todd is far more interesting.

The security on the Deadelus was ridicules to say the least...but I did like woolsey's charm. (He's a completely;y different character from 2 years ago...huh?)

Poor Zelenka...RIP.

on a scale of 1-10...I give it a 7...mainly for Daniel's appearance and his banter with Mckay.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X