X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myles View Post
    You're right! They're totally Breen except they speak English

Also, you might be on to something with them wanting to end gate travel, but I'm not sure what benefit they'd get from it.
    Well having explosive stargates would make wiping out humanity in the galaxy very easy and convenient. Some hapless villager dials an address and suddenly everything within a hundred miles is nice and crispy.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      His hands were behind his back, IIRC.
      To this point in particular, I believe his hands were at his side, slightly hidden behind the 'skirt' of his coat.

Comment

This episode was totally amazing! The talet of these guys who make the show is beyond incredible!

I always wondered when Daniel would come to Atlantis, in an Atlantis episode, yeah, he was there in "The Pegasus Project" but that was an SG-1 episode, althought it felt like an Atlantis episode with SG-1 in it for most.

Cool intro with McKay complaining about the big meet up every time someone comes to visit.

I never thought we'd hear anything about Janus again, I'm glad we did though. The weird secret lab thing was cool. Reminded me of the secret Wraith lab from "The Gift" and such.

So there were still flood damaged sections of Atlantis? I didn't know the light sconces came out or maybe it was just those. Great that McKay had video of the hallway as it was originally.

Sheppard in command of Atlantis, I was wondering when someone would make him adhere to the rules and not go along on the missions anyway, I do enjoy when he does it though. Woolsey looked worried when Sheppard jokinly replied "No promises!" - funny!

So Ronon's into Keller? Or is that just to irritate McKay?

Interesting harmonic code, I knew Daniel would be able to solve that, at least part of the way. The Daniel-Rodney competition was hillarious! Did Daniel and Rodney ever interact during SG-1? I don't recall that happening. I knew something was up the second that red light started blinking.

Why would they be interested in that plan other than the Wraith reason? It's not like they're at risk as far as we know. At first, I was thinking that they were some kind of Ancients since they had a ship that could penetrate Atlantis's shield. Why did that one that stayed behind's shield collapse or did he let it go? It's good Sheppard and the teams kept firing as I figured that they'd give up once they saw they had a shield as usually shields don't go down from bullets.

The tense-ness and excitement level in this episode for me was incredible! Those aliens in the suits were so weird. What was with them crashing through Atlantis and all the levels? I bet those will be "magically" fixed like everything else that breaks in Atlantis.

The Wraith transport ship entering the Daedaus hangar bay was cool! I didn't think it could fit in there, or is this another case of the size of ship being changed in order to fit?

The Wraith didn't care for Woolsey's speech. As Keller thought, I don't think that Todd wanted the treatment to work either, no doubt, it's probably a status thing for them.

The scene where Zelenka was trying to open up the suits reminded me of "Evolution" when Sam and Jacob were opening up the Kull warrior, although this time had a different outcome. The suit self destructed. I hope that they had more than one of those Ancient medical scanners, they probably do though.

So those aliens are in an Ancient lab. I wasn't expecting that. It didn't occur to me until Daniel was pointing out about their suits that they
        Spoiler:
        might be the Asgard in there

The 2 cruisers were destroyed when entering hyperspace. So the Wraith have experienced the Attero device before? Why would Todd have been expecting this? What was with his stun sticks?

I figured it stunned the whole crew but apparently, only the bridge. I find it odd that the Wraith have been suspecting that the Attero device would be turned on again. I hope that they don't eat any of the crew. How many Wraith are they beaming onboard?

The Wraith onboard an Earth, ship, I never thought we'd see the day that happened.

I thought that McKay succeeded in shutting down the Attero device before being stunned, but I guess not.

The idea to enclose the gate in the shield was smart. Why wouldn't the gate shut down? And why does the gate - something the Ancients built have anything in common with Wraith hyperdrives?

I can't believe the Atlantis gate was blown up! How will they get a new one and fix the control room and windows?

That was the biggest holy crap moment in the show for me and then we get "To be continued"

At least it will be only 2 weeks until we see part 2.

Are they going to space out the episodes more? Otherwise, I dobut that they'll last until January.

Totally amazing!

Vala,

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. The only problem is that any suspense there might have been about Sheppard dying from the explosion will never happen because people just don't kill off main characters like that, though perhaps chuck or Zelenka died?.
          Last edited by Chev's Ron; 26 September 2008, 07:30 PM.
          Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
          -----------------------------------------------
          I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

What an episode! One scene that really struck me was the conversation between Keller and Todd.

"What would we do?"
            "What would we be"

Those are two very frightening questions to answering the question of redefining a person's entire identity!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
              1. I believe he said to get Jumpers on stand by and not actually get them in the air.

2. They had no idea who those aliens were and didn't even know if they were hostile. Not the best idea to make first contact with your gun.

3. Hmmm good point, but I'm guessing that they wanted to try to tell Todd "Hey, we didn't betray you!"
              He could have said "on stand by". Either way, plenty of time had passed by to at least get them in the air, and once they all started shooting, the order should have been given to open fire.

That might be somewhat true, but then again, they are dealing with a wraith. Not exactly the best person to try and persuade.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                You're right! They're totally Breen except they speak English

Also, you might be on to something with them wanting to end gate travel, but I'm not sure what benefit they'd get from it.
                Who are the Breen?

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                  What's going to happen when the SGC activates their gate? They use the gate all the time, and the Iris won't protect them from that kind of explosion.
                  Why would it effect MW stargates? I doubt very much it's going to do much beyond Pegasus.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
                    Who are the Breen?
                    Breen were the helmet wearing baddies in season 7 of DS9, the ones whose energy weapon turned the tide of war back in favor of the Dominion.

Comment

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
                      Fair enough, however, those are mere direction faults. The story itself remained intact even though it could've been done with a little more surprise.
                      Ive seen just about every episode of the show, so im sure myself (and others) see the pattern and can make a pretty good guess at some of the stuff.

I just think the SGA team is a little weak when it comes to defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        So the new bad guys wear body armor, live on an ice planet, and possibly can't survive our atmosphere, they're the freaking Breen. My guess is they wanted the device for the side effect it had on stargates.
                        Yes, I'm not the only one who was thinking breen when they kept their suits on.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                        Originally posted by Jonzey
                        Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          Over all it was a good ep. Loved seeing Daniel again. He does play well with McKay. Ah, poor insecure Rodney. What a change. Arrogant to insecure. Hmm, must be the writers forgot he's supposed to be self absorbed.

Anyways, there isn't much of a plot really. Mainly techno-babel and plot devices. The new radce in the series seems pretty blan...Todd is far more interesting.

The security on the Deadelus was ridicules to say the least...but I did like woolsey's charm. (He's a completely;y different character from 2 years ago...huh?)

Poor Zelenka...RIP.
                          Spoiler:
                          He's in the next episode, though... isn't he?
                          sigpic
                          Yeah... I know

Comment

IIRC Sheppard wanted the jumpers to intercept it, but by the time they'd have been ready it would have already been inside the shield. They don't want to blow it out of the sky and take half the city with it.
                            Ok, makes sense, but then why fire on all those darts (in the episode "the siege"). They made a lot of havoc and destruction.

When do they ever shoot on site? They were waiting to see what it would do.
                            Thats the problem. Hostile alien force breaks in, does not state intentions, grabs stuff, and acts like they own the place. I think I would fire first, ask questions later.

His hands were behind his back, IIRC.
                            Exactly, some one should have been watching. A wraith with his hands behind is back, while getting upset about the hives exploding, starting to become irrational, blaming the crew...... yet no guns were pointed his way, yet in most of the other scenes, theres always a soldier there with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
                              Who are the Breen?
                              The Breen

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                The new radce in the series seems pretty blan...Todd is far more interesting.
                                Well I would have to disagree. They are interesting because they are mysterious. They have advanced technology, are an enemy of the Wraith, and possibly cannot breathe regular atmosphere. I love how the fans have to guess what their motives are and who they are. I think there is going to be a very big revealing surprise next episode with who they are. So I am going to hold out on that until I know a little more about them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X