X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the teyla wraith ep
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I hated Vegas and EATG. The rest of it was fine.
      sigpic
      God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        It's a three way tie now between Vegas, The Shrine and Brain storm.
        Vegas was a clear cheap out. And it was likely to save money for the finale.

Comment

Actually Vegas was quite expensive with all that location shooting
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Actually Vegas was quite expensive with all that location shooting
            Figures....

Comment

Brainstorm- because it only included 2 of the main cast; it was as far from a team ep as possible.
              Identity- I didn't see the point of the ep, especially coming so near the end of the series; and I'm not a big fan of body swap eps in general.
              Inquisition - It could've been done better for me, and I really didnt get the point of having the whole team there if they didn't actually do anything.
              The rest were ok overall; I mean there were some scenes in other eps that I didn't like but episode as a whole was ok.
              sigpic

Comment

Inquisition. It was a waste of my time.
                sigpic
                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

The Ep with the Pegesus Asgard ep where their ships were being taken out by travler ships made me want to puke.

Not a bad ep in all but that moment.
                  TRULY HORRIBLE!
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    The Ep with the Pegesus Asgard ep where their ships were being taken out by travler ships made me want to puke.
                    what's wrong with that
                    it's reasonable to assume that the asgards technology had deteriorated to that extent
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

It did strike me as a bit of a stretch, but I could see a justification for it. The Asgard don't have their best technology available to them. Not only are they a splinter tribe from 10,000 years ago, but they lost all their original ships and had to make do with scrounged up Lantean cast offs. And presumably the ships weren't built for battle. They knew they couldn't stand up to the wraith in a ship to ship fight anyway, so presumably they retrofitted the ships they found for speed or stealth or something to escape wraith fleets. As such they weren't really prepared to engage any spare-faring species with even half decent offensive capabilities.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Brainstorm comes to mind when I think of the worst. I loved Vegas because it was so different. And Hewlett's acting was superb in The Shrine.

Comment

Well, I would like to cite a single worst episode, but this season is a rare exception to my decisiveness. Instead, I will list the episodes I felt were below average...

"The Seed", "Broken Ties", "Tracker", "Outsiders", "Inquisition", "Remnants", "Brain Storm", "Identity".
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Thats how I feel ...I still found Whispers entertaining...

My least fav episode was BRAIN STORM... probably the worst episode of the entire series for me.. and THE SHRINE a close second....
                            Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Joe Flanigan was the best thing about Vegas, other than that it was a waste of an epsiode.
                            Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                            When I first read this question, the first episode that popped into my mind was The Shrine.

However, there were plenty of episodes during season 5 that were also quite unenjoyable for me: Inquisition, Brainstorm, Identity, Broken Ties, and Enemy At The Gate in addition to The Shrine are my picks as the worst episodes.

Then, there were what I call "problem episodes," and that's a completely different list.

I will say that in spite of the fact that this was the least enjoyable season to watch for me, there were episodes that I liked.
                            I completely agree.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree. Inquisition was so similar to that SG1 enquiry version with McKinsey, which was just an excuse for a bunch of flashbacks to re-use old footage. I fast-forward past episodes like this..

Comment

My main objection to season 5 was that by now I was getting pretty tired of the wraith and their cliched evil-ness. To be fair it was brought back to life a little with the notion of the imperfect wraith-to-human cure, but the continual diet of wraith-centric episodes was wearing thin. I was so glad when that Mike guy finally plummeted to his death.

Even by season 4, SGA plots seemed to be degenerating into a paint-by-numbers approach where only a few episodes seemed to really shine. My bet is they took the best script-writers off to do something new, and left a cut-down team to just let the series 'coast' as little on its earlier success.

In particular the 'bad-guys-kidnap-the-good-guys-and-demand-something-precious-in-return' theme I felt was getting very tired indeed, and some more original angles were needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X