No announcement yet.

worst season 5 SGA episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keller whining really isn't a problem for me, if I were her I'd whine too. I have myriad other problems with her character that this probably isn't the thread for. Suffice it to say, Brainstorm was definitely my least favorite episode of the entire series, let alone Season 5.
    sigpic

Comment

Well I wasn't talking about specifically
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Hey I complained about McKay's incessant whining too Actually I think I complained a lot about McKay in general, and then we get the female version Even if the show did last another season I wouldn't have watched it anyway. Season 5 was some of the worse TV I had witnessed in a long time. I could have counted on one hand how many good eps there were in S5, and still have plenty of fingers left. TPTB's love of all things McKay destroyed SGA, of course the writing got rather quite shoddy too, forgetting certain aspects like Teyla being able to sense the Wraith then conveniently forgetting about that when they are no more than a few feet away from her

As for Brain dead, it's okay for folks that actually knew who the guests stars were but I had no idea who they were.
        sigpic

Comment

Well to be fair Linda as we have talked most people don't have more 10 fingers. What about the amount Beckett whined in S1?
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Well to be fair Linda as we have talked most people don't have more 10 fingers. What about the amount Beckett whined in S1?
            Ah but he's allowed cause he's adorable, and Scottish McKay and Keller were annoying as hell. I wanted to poke my eardrums with red hot pokers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Ah but he's allowed cause he's adorable, and Scottish McKay and Keller were annoying as hell. I wanted to poke my eardrums with red hot pokers.
              That's a hypocritical double standard. Keller didn't whine anywhere near the extent McKay did. She had a few episodes. McKay had a 100.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

That's a hypocritical double standard. Keller didn't whine anywhere near the extent McKay did. She had a few episodes. McKay had a 100.
                That is true, he was the King of whining, and he didn't do it in an adorable way like Beckett, I wanted to cut his tongue out But the writers sure didn't do Jewel Staite amy favours. She's a good actress but you wouldn't know it after SGA got through with her.

anyways, worst ep of season 5. There's just far too many serously bad eps in S5 to be able to pick one. I'd say any ep that centred on McKay but that would be most of them.
                sigpic

Comment

Identity because they stabbed Zelenka!! I spent the whole rest of that episode in a panic that they'd killed off my favorite character. It would really be a toss-up between Identity because I didn't like the body-swapping thing (and stabbing Dr. Z!); Vegas, which I found just annoying and too much like scifi CSI; or The Seed, which was just... odd and disturbing and served no purpose in my opinion.

As for Keller, while I admire Jewel Staite immensely, I felt that TPTB pushed Keller and McKay together so quickly that it just didn't work for me. I had a hard time believing their chemistry. I found her and Ronon a much more believable couple. I did enjoy Brain Storm with all the geeks, but there again we have Keller & McKay shoved together. *sigh*

And don't even get me started on not having Lorne & Zelenka in the last scene of the last episode!! *grumble*
                  Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
                  sigpic
                  Lady Pandora
                  Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

I actually liked Rodney and Jennifer together better than Ronon and Jennifer. But the writers didn't handle it well at all, and Brainstorm just wasn't good. For lots of reasons.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a rule. Shippers and shipping are nut. Most writers can't make it work and that is especially true for Stargate with a few exceptions in SGU
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I have a rule. Shippers and shipping are nut. Most writers can't make it work and that is especially true for Stargate with a few exceptions in SGU
                        I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I agree with Jel
                        sigpic

Comment

Your forget Linda, I am always right
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Your forget Linda, I am always right
                            You mistaking yourself for me again? But seriously, when you think through the shows there are very few shows that actually does romance well. It's almost like most writers are incapable of writing it for some reason. DS9 is one I can think of that done a pretty decent job with it. Stargate in general had some of the worst romantic writing that I can think of.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree that romance was something not handled well in Stargate, so luckily what we did have tended to be in short widely spaced bursts. Not that I mind as I don't really like good adventure being broken up with lengthy romantic interludes. I have to say the McKay and Keller romance, whilst insipid was still a hell of a lot more bearable than the Sam and Pete cringe fest!

So, in answering the question the worst episode for me is 'Identity'. I didn't like this use of the stones as much as I did in 'Citizen Joe' and I didn't like them really in SGU either. I guess I just didn't like the idea of how their use can be abused. I preferred the simpler use of them in 'Citizen Joe' with being more of an observer in a body rather being actively in control.

Comment

I didn't really like Keller (she did replace Dr. Beckett- my fave character), but I did like the actress more after seeing her in Firefly.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X